Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › In search of the most silent in idle card.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

In search of the most silent in idle card. - Page 2

post #11 of 19
I can't hear my 7850 DirectCU II over my CPU fan.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k @ 4.1 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Asus Radeon 7850 DirectCU II 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 128GB (OS & Programs) WD Caviar Black 500GB (Games) Seagate Barracuda 750GB (Files) Corsair H100i with SP120 Quiet Fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Technical Preview HP 2311x 23" (Dual Monitors) Logitech MK520 Antec TP-650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech M310 Asus Xonar DG Blue Yeti USB Mic 
OtherOtherOther
Line 6 POD Studio GX Wacom Bamboo Pen Logitech C910 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k @ 4.1 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Asus Radeon 7850 DirectCU II 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 128GB (OS & Programs) WD Caviar Black 500GB (Games) Seagate Barracuda 750GB (Files) Corsair H100i with SP120 Quiet Fans 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Technical Preview HP 2311x 23" (Dual Monitors) Logitech MK520 Antec TP-650 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech M310 Asus Xonar DG Blue Yeti USB Mic 
OtherOtherOther
Line 6 POD Studio GX Wacom Bamboo Pen Logitech C910 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritanium View Post

I can't hear my 7850 DirectCU II over my CPU fan.

Congratz.
post #13 of 19
Lol, I wanted to reccommend the N760 Gaming :/
Just got it today and put up a temp fan profile, now its as quiet as my system, it rivals my H70 modded 560.
Could it be you got a bad version?
post #14 of 19
I'll suggest some IEMs - I have the Senn IE80s, decent isolation, and it completely drowns out the sound of my computer (in idle). And when you listen to music a decent pair will sound really good.

Or (if you can) manually set your fan speed to a low setting. I know AMD cards have the option to force a certain fan speed.
post #15 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragg View Post

I'll suggest some IEMs - I have the Senn IE80s, decent isolation, and it completely drowns out the sound of my computer (in idle). And when you listen to music a decent pair will sound really good.

Or (if you can) manually set your fan speed to a low setting. I know AMD cards have the option to force a certain fan speed.

I can't study with music man tongue.gif So far every review ranks the AMD coolers louder in idle than the 660ti asus that is most silent in idle so far.

Anyway I don't think I am going to get any sensible answer here tongue.gif Just might say **** it and man up and ignore the idle noise. But still. Idle passive option would be so awesome. PSU have that 'technology' for a while now. Lol we can go to mars but not let a graphics card run passive while idling.
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribozyme View Post

I can't study with music man tongue.gif So far every review ranks the AMD coolers louder in idle than the 660ti asus that is most silent in idle so far.

Anyway I don't think I am going to get any sensible answer here tongue.gif Just might say **** it and man up and ignore the idle noise. But still. Idle passive option would be so awesome. PSU have that 'technology' for a while now. Lol we can go to mars but not let a graphics card run passive while idling.
650 ti with Accelerro s1?
It does perform well as far as I know.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribozyme View Post


I can't study with music man tongue.gif So far every review ranks the AMD coolers louder in idle than the 660ti asus that is most silent in idle so far.

Anyway I don't think I am going to get any sensible answer here tongue.gif Just might say **** it and man up and ignore the idle noise. But still. Idle passive option would be so awesome. PSU have that 'technology' for a while now. Lol we can go to mars but not let a graphics card run passive while idling.

No music, just use the IEMs as earplugs.

Idle passive - good idea, but the rest of my case is louder than my GPU if I force it to 20% fan speed. 20% is to all intents and purposes silent.
post #18 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moragg View Post

No music, just use the IEMs as earplugs.

Idle passive - good idea, but the rest of my case is louder than my GPU if I force it to 20% fan speed. 20% is to all intents and purposes silent.

Exactly that is the problem. I tuned my build so that is literally inaudible in idle, Big ass Noctua cooler with one 300rpm fan on it, silent be quiet PSU, undervolted casefans. Everything was perfectly quiet but than I shoved the GPU in and it ruined my literally inaudible idle build tongue.gif

Hmm yea but still I like to have nothing on my head for longer periods of time.
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribozyme View Post


Exactly that is the problem. I tuned my build so that is literally inaudible in idle, Big ass Noctua cooler with one 300rpm fan on it, silent be quiet PSU, undervolted casefans. Everything was perfectly quiet but than I shoved the GPU in and it ruined my literally inaudible idle build tongue.gif

Hmm yea but still I like to have nothing on my head for longer periods of time.

Aftermarket cooling. I've ordered 3 Arctic F8 Pro TC's which I am going to stick on my 7870XT stock cooler - hopefully improving noise levels drastically. Otherwise proper aftermarket cooling is your only option - e.g. Arctic stuff - OR you could try watercooling wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › In search of the most silent in idle card.