Originally Posted by z0ki
Hey fellas, i've been reading through some of the thread and still unclear on what the consensus is on the 4930k CPU?
I already own a 3930k (as you will see from my sig) But i am building another PC with the 900D and everything watercooled also and i'm holding off on buying anything even 3 GTX 780's because i think the 800 series will come within 12 months..
So is there any reason not to buy a few 780's and another 3930K? I already got another Rampage IV Extreme here but I am unclear if I should hold off for a little longer or buy now??
I will also note, i seen a few posts about the pricing of the 3930K and I can tell you right now here in Australia the 3930K went from $580 (when i bought it last year in April) and now it's nearly $700? What's the go?
Considering intel's policies on pricing, you might as well get a 4930K if you are building a new system as it should cost you about the same as a 3930K.
Here is how I see this, if you already own a 3930K, keep it (unless you are doing some LN2 or Phase OC). If you are building a new system, there is no reason not to get a 4930k.