Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › [Build Log] TJ07 Mod. First mod. Custom WC with acrylic tubes!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Build Log] TJ07 Mod. First mod. Custom WC with acrylic tubes! - Page 8

post #71 of 168
Ive heard some bad things with them not working well with Primochill tubing as its so rigid... but other than that, STEAL!
post #72 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesktopDoctorNZ View Post

Ive heard some bad things with them not working well with Primochill tubing as its so rigid... but other than that, STEAL!
Well F**k me, I am planning on using primochill tongue.gif, but whatever, good price good fittings cant complain. And it may not necessarily be true for all cases but we will have to wait and see.

EDIT: well after a bit of research I feel as if my plan on tubing/coolant has gone a few steps back, some say primochill advanced LRT is great, works well with monsoon and coloured coolant. But then a few say it's bad, stains/ clouds with pastels and is too tight for monsoon. This has all left me a bit confused and will have to probably start a thread or post in the W/C forum for a bit more insight on the whole situation tongue.gif.
Edited by Jakewat - 11/2/13 at 9:15pm
post #73 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakewat View Post

Well F**k me, I am planning on using primochill tongue.gif, but whatever, good price good fittings cant complain. And it may not necessarily be true for all cases but we will have to wait and see.

EDIT: well after a bit of research I feel as if my plan on tubing/coolant has gone a few steps back, some say primochill advanced LRT is great, works well with monsoon and coloured coolant. But then a few say it's bad, stains/ clouds with pastels and is too tight for monsoon. This has all left me a bit confused and will have to probably start a thread or post in the W/C forum for a bit more insight on the whole situation tongue.gif.

I can ship you some primochill pro lrt if you want? Its green but itll let you test it and see if it is too rigid for your fittings or not?
Edited by DesktopDoctorNZ - 11/2/13 at 9:47pm
post #74 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesktopDoctorNZ View Post

I can ship you some primochill pro lrt if you want? Its green but itll let you test it and see if it is too rigid for your fittings or not?
Yeah that would be great, PM me and we can sort it out. btw why do you have green primochill?
post #75 of 168
Tbh any clear tubing with dye or pastel will stain eventually. Just go coloured tubing if your looking at soft tube, much less hassle etc. Or just go acrylic wink.gif
post #76 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeblood View Post

Tbh any clear tubing with dye or pastel will stain eventually. Just go coloured tubing if your looking at soft tube, much less hassle etc. Or just go acrylic wink.gif
It's just the aesthetic thing, colour in a tube res really looks so much better than plain old water but If I get to stressed about the whole clear/ pastel thing I think I will just stick to water.
And yeah, would love to do acrylic but that will come later, need a bit of basic water experience first and it's also a bit out of budget since you have to go buy a heatgun and all. Seeing these really tempted me though
post #77 of 168
I dont think acrylic is any more expensive than compression and tubing. My heat gun cost me a massive $29 from The Warehouse so thats no excuse tongue.gif

I do agree with you about coloured coolant in a tube res though, looks a lot better than just plain water.
post #78 of 168
Thread Starter 
Oh yeah forgot the warehouse sells tools, saw a few heatguns on there and will probably end up getting one since I hate sleeving with a lighter. The tubing isn't super expensive it's just harder to find in NZ, I can only find some on CL but I could imagine there would be plasics companies that sell it too. Overall it's mainly an experience thing, if I went acrylic now it doesn't let me experience a first time tubing build so I will probably leave this log open once I finish to cater for future rebuilds smile.gif
post #79 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakewat View Post

Oh yeah forgot the warehouse sells tools, saw a few heatguns on there and will probably end up getting one since I hate sleeving with a lighter. The tubing isn't super expensive it's just harder to find in NZ, I can only find some on CL but I could imagine there would be plasics companies that sell it too. Overall it's mainly an experience thing, if I went acrylic now it doesn't let me experience a first time tubing build so I will probably leave this log open once I finish to cater for future rebuilds smile.gif

Honestly tubing is tubing... you cut and put it on the barbs. there isnt anything you need to learn about it. Its pretty much the same story with acrylic except more effort to bend and fit to shape. If you have the option, acrylic tubing ftw!
post #80 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesktopDoctorNZ View Post

Honestly tubing is tubing... you cut and put it on the barbs. there isnt anything you need to learn about it. Its pretty much the same story with acrylic except more effort to bend and fit to shape. If you have the option, acrylic tubing ftw!
Next time smile.gif. Anyway I've still got some upgrades that you probably can't believe that I haven't done yet, like I'm still running a 1tb HDD by itself tonguesmiley.gif.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mod Work Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › [Build Log] TJ07 Mod. First mod. Custom WC with acrylic tubes!