Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › 7950 Sapphire dead after furmark?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

7950 Sapphire dead after furmark? - Page 5

post #41 of 73
Thread Starter 
Soo...... What should i do before i send the card? I'm kinda confused now..
post #42 of 73
could you please confirm first if you can boot up and play on boost vbios.....

edit: like the other forumer mentioned you need to reflash your vbios....

are you comfortable flashing vbios?

Do you even have a back up and do you know which vbios version you have???
my budget gaming
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4570 Asus Z87-m Plus Zotac GTX 750 ti OC 8gb (4gb x 2) Samsung DDR3 1333 LV 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb Seagate 2tb stock Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorCase
HP Elitedisplay E231 abko ncore s2 mini tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 XFX r9 290 XFX R9 290X BF4 Edition 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Power color R9 290 Sapphire R9 290X BF4 Edition G.Skill Trident X 2666 mhz CL12 Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD writer Custom Water cooling WIndows 8.1 Professional Crossover 3020MDP 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Crossover 30X-P  Crossover 30X-p Steel Series 6Gv2 Mechanical Keyboard with Cher... Corsair ax1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair 900D Logitech G100 Creative 3d Core (stock G1 Sniper 5) Corsair Vengeance 1400 Analog Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
my budget gaming
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4570 Asus Z87-m Plus Zotac GTX 750 ti OC 8gb (4gb x 2) Samsung DDR3 1333 LV 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb Seagate 2tb stock Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorCase
HP Elitedisplay E231 abko ncore s2 mini tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 XFX r9 290 XFX R9 290X BF4 Edition 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Power color R9 290 Sapphire R9 290X BF4 Edition G.Skill Trident X 2666 mhz CL12 Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD writer Custom Water cooling WIndows 8.1 Professional Crossover 3020MDP 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Crossover 30X-P  Crossover 30X-p Steel Series 6Gv2 Mechanical Keyboard with Cher... Corsair ax1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair 900D Logitech G100 Creative 3d Core (stock G1 Sniper 5) Corsair Vengeance 1400 Analog Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 73
Like I mentioned earlier, if you can boot up with your boost vbios, you basically has a good card.... it was only the vbios on first one that was possibly corrupted..

Have you mentioned that to the company you bought it??? That you can boot up with boost bios on?
my budget gaming
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4570 Asus Z87-m Plus Zotac GTX 750 ti OC 8gb (4gb x 2) Samsung DDR3 1333 LV 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb Seagate 2tb stock Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorCase
HP Elitedisplay E231 abko ncore s2 mini tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 XFX r9 290 XFX R9 290X BF4 Edition 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Power color R9 290 Sapphire R9 290X BF4 Edition G.Skill Trident X 2666 mhz CL12 Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD writer Custom Water cooling WIndows 8.1 Professional Crossover 3020MDP 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Crossover 30X-P  Crossover 30X-p Steel Series 6Gv2 Mechanical Keyboard with Cher... Corsair ax1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair 900D Logitech G100 Creative 3d Core (stock G1 Sniper 5) Corsair Vengeance 1400 Analog Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
my budget gaming
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4570 Asus Z87-m Plus Zotac GTX 750 ti OC 8gb (4gb x 2) Samsung DDR3 1333 LV 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb Seagate 2tb stock Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorCase
HP Elitedisplay E231 abko ncore s2 mini tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 XFX r9 290 XFX R9 290X BF4 Edition 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Power color R9 290 Sapphire R9 290X BF4 Edition G.Skill Trident X 2666 mhz CL12 Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD writer Custom Water cooling WIndows 8.1 Professional Crossover 3020MDP 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Crossover 30X-P  Crossover 30X-p Steel Series 6Gv2 Mechanical Keyboard with Cher... Corsair ax1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair 900D Logitech G100 Creative 3d Core (stock G1 Sniper 5) Corsair Vengeance 1400 Analog Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox View Post

Like I mentioned earlier, if you can boot up with your boost vbios, you basically has a good card.... it was only the vbios on first one that was possibly corrupted..

Have you mentioned that to the company you bought it??? That you can boot up with boost bios on?

When i sit on the other boost bios, i can't open CCC, it says that it cannot find my graphics driver. Aswell for MSI afterburner, it says it also. Looked in device manager, no driver. dxdiag, no driver. It's gone, its dead. When i sit in that boost bios, after 5 minutes my card crashes. I know it's dead. I litteraly tried every possible thing to make it work. I know how to flash a bios, but i just got my new mobo 1 week ago. So it's in the newest update. And why should i flash my bios? smile.gif
post #45 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjaesbog View Post

When i sit on the other boost bios, i can't open CCC, it says that it cannot find my graphics driver. Aswell for MSI afterburner, it says it also. Looked in device manager, no driver. dxdiag, no driver. It's gone, its dead. When i sit in that boost bios, after 5 minutes my card crashes. I know it's dead. I litteraly tried every possible thing to make it work. I know how to flash a bios, but i just got my new mobo 1 week ago. So it's in the newest update. And why should i flash my bios? smile.gif

I was not talking about you motherboard bios. I was talking about flashing vbios,, your gpu bios... of course you cannot see any drivers.... but isnt it you mentioned in your other thread you already uninstall it?

anyway, you didnt mentioned to us that you can boot up with boost bios on but it dies or crashes after 5 mins...

if you have mentioned to us about that, then we can can all agree that you have a dud gpu.... We are trying to help you, but you have to give us exact details as we are not physically there to "fix" it. But anyway, they already agreed that they will send a new one..

You just have to tell them you tried benching...... but if you somehow OVER VOLT you GPU Core or EVEN Memory. Overvolt means more than 1.3 volts which is Max for OC software, then you are in trouble if you cant reset your card. They can basically find that out. But if you didnt do any overvolting on your GPU core, and Memory Core, then there is no problem telling them the truth instead of making stories.....
my budget gaming
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4570 Asus Z87-m Plus Zotac GTX 750 ti OC 8gb (4gb x 2) Samsung DDR3 1333 LV 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb Seagate 2tb stock Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorCase
HP Elitedisplay E231 abko ncore s2 mini tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 XFX r9 290 XFX R9 290X BF4 Edition 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Power color R9 290 Sapphire R9 290X BF4 Edition G.Skill Trident X 2666 mhz CL12 Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD writer Custom Water cooling WIndows 8.1 Professional Crossover 3020MDP 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Crossover 30X-P  Crossover 30X-p Steel Series 6Gv2 Mechanical Keyboard with Cher... Corsair ax1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair 900D Logitech G100 Creative 3d Core (stock G1 Sniper 5) Corsair Vengeance 1400 Analog Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
my budget gaming
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4570 Asus Z87-m Plus Zotac GTX 750 ti OC 8gb (4gb x 2) Samsung DDR3 1333 LV 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 1tb Seagate 2tb stock Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorCase
HP Elitedisplay E231 abko ncore s2 mini tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4770k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 XFX r9 290 XFX R9 290X BF4 Edition 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Power color R9 290 Sapphire R9 290X BF4 Edition G.Skill Trident X 2666 mhz CL12 Samsung 840 EVO 250gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung DVD writer Custom Water cooling WIndows 8.1 Professional Crossover 3020MDP 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Crossover 30X-P  Crossover 30X-p Steel Series 6Gv2 Mechanical Keyboard with Cher... Corsair ax1500i 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Corsair 900D Logitech G100 Creative 3d Core (stock G1 Sniper 5) Corsair Vengeance 1400 Analog Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 73
Thread Starter 
My OC settings were 1150 , 1500, 1.25v. Used furmark, it went to 87 c and my gpu died i instantly. Pushed the boost button on the card, went in and uninstalled AMD CCC completely. Had to try a couple of times because sometimes it crashed when i booted, and sometimes it crashed when i was trying to enter AMD site, and the last time i managed to uninstall CCC drivers, and then it crashed. And then i tried to uninstall Windows 7, but it wouldnt work because my gpu couldnt get i installed, so i put my old gpu on and installed win7, and took out the gpu after installation and put in the 7950 and entered safe mode (F8). Tried to install the driver CCC there, and it worked, it said radeon 7900 Series in device manager, then i rebooted and it still didnt work, it just freezed after the loading screen..
Edited by fjaesbog - 8/27/13 at 4:50am
post #47 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfox View Post

I was not talking about you motherboard bios. I was talking about flashing vbios,, your gpu bios... of course you cannot see any drivers.... but isnt it you mentioned in your other thread you already uninstall it?

anyway, you didnt mentioned to us that you can boot up with boost bios on but it dies or crashes after 5 mins...

if you have mentioned to us about that, then we can can all agree that you have a dud gpu.... We are trying to help you, but you have to give us exact details as we are not physically there to "fix" it. But anyway, they already agreed that they will send a new one..

You just have to tell them you tried benching...... but if you somehow OVER VOLT you GPU Core or EVEN Memory. Overvolt means more than 1.3 volts which is Max for OC software, then you are in trouble if you cant reset your card. They can basically find that out. But if you didnt do any overvolting on your GPU core, and Memory Core, then there is no problem telling them the truth instead of making stories.....

ive read and followed this entire thread, the cards dead. with any sort of usage on the card it crashes.

flashing graphics bios isn't a magical solution to problems, tbh it should be avoided and isn't necessary in 99% of times.

how is flashing going to fix this? and trying to get a novice to flash a card after he already submitted an email about the card dying may void warranty and lose his replacement.

send the card back already!

p.s don't tell the company anything, just say it died while gaming. saying you benched/overclocked/installed overclocking software VOIDS warranty, and they will more thank likely refuse replacement!
Edited by d1nky - 8/27/13 at 4:52am
post #48 of 73
Ive had few reference 7950s in hands that happily went past 90C while increasing fan rpm to only 60-70% (not a surprise in badly ventilated case). I mailed amd because of that and they specifically told me that 90C is fine and vrm temp up to 120C is also fine.

They also mentioned I shouldnt use any "burn tests" like furmark as they can damage the card.biggrin.gif
post #49 of 73
Thread Starter 
Well i wrote to them that i was playing bf3 when suddenly there came artifacts, like green and black lines on the display, and i thought it was just some ingame graphical issues, then it suddenly 'died' and i couldn't boot etc. so i explained what i did, reinstall drivers, win 7 etc with no effect. And he replied that it sounds like theres a error with the card, and it needs to be replaced.
post #50 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjaesbog View Post

Well i wrote to them that i was playing bf3 when suddenly there came artifacts, like green and black lines on the display, and i thought it was just some ingame graphical issues, then it suddenly 'died' and i couldn't boot etc. so i explained what i did, reinstall drivers, win 7 etc with no effect. And he replied that it sounds like theres a error with the card, and it needs to be replaced.

job done, you could always ask them if you paid a little extra could they upgrade to a 7970 etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI Drivers and Overclocking Software › 7950 Sapphire dead after furmark?