Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › Should I wait or buy now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I wait or buy now?

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
I was trying to hold out for the next technology, SATA 3.5. My dream setup is to have a 240GB+ SSD with a 1TB HDD. I haven't really upgraded a HDD setup for like 5 years now. I want it to be like that again. Should I splurge now or wait?
post #2 of 5
I'd grab a 60 GB SSD to hold you over, but really sata 3.5 won't be that amazing for general consumers. I am about to raid two 500GB Plextor SSD's thumb.gif
post #3 of 5
Is SATA 3.5 or SATA Express on the Broadwell roadmap? Seriously, if you need a bigger SSD now, just get one already (assuming the capacity you want has reached a price point you're willing to pay).
Garnet
(11 items)
 
Lucifiel
(13 items)
 
Metatron
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3450S Intel DQ77KB Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600 SO-DIMM Samsung 830 256GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 256 mSATA Samsung 840 500GB Intel BXHTS1155LP Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Lian Li PC-Q05B Logitech M570 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-860 Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 EVGA GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 Kingston 2x4GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 120GB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Silverstone ST45SF 450W Silverstone Sugo SG05B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-860 Biostar TH55B HD MSI GT 240 1GB GDDR5 Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M 120GB Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Samsung 22" Antec EA-380D 
Case
Rosewill R101-P-BK 
  hide details  
Reply
Garnet
(11 items)
 
Lucifiel
(13 items)
 
Metatron
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3450S Intel DQ77KB Corsair 16GB DDR3 1600 SO-DIMM Samsung 830 256GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial m4 256 mSATA Samsung 840 500GB Intel BXHTS1155LP Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Lian Li PC-Q05B Logitech M570 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-860 Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 EVGA GTX 460 1GB GDDR5 Kingston 2x4GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
G.SKILL Phoenix Pro 120GB Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Silverstone ST45SF 450W Silverstone Sugo SG05B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-860 Biostar TH55B HD MSI GT 240 1GB GDDR5 Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M 120GB Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Samsung 22" Antec EA-380D 
Case
Rosewill R101-P-BK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rui-no-onna View Post

Seriously, if you need a bigger SSD now, just get one already (assuming the capacity you want has reached a price point you're willing to pay).

True story.
post #5 of 5
now if you like. a fast 1tb hdd is only 60 and a 240GB SSD is 150-200. I'd just get a good 1TB HDD now if you want it. Then get a bigger SSD down the road.
Le Main Rig
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Gigabyte GTX 960 WindForce 2X OC G.SKILL Ripjaws V  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1050GB Crucial MX300 1050GB Crucial MX300 960GB OCZ RD400 1TB Micron M600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1TB WD Blue Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit BenQ GW2765HT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2765HT FUNC KB-460 Corsair RM650 Fractal Design R5 
Mouse
Logitec G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Le Main Rig
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Gigabyte GTX 960 WindForce 2X OC G.SKILL Ripjaws V  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1050GB Crucial MX300 1050GB Crucial MX300 960GB OCZ RD400 1TB Micron M600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1TB WD Blue Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit BenQ GW2765HT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2765HT FUNC KB-460 Corsair RM650 Fractal Design R5 
Mouse
Logitec G500 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hard Drives & Storage
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › Should I wait or buy now?