Here's a little update on where I'm at with working out the issue the A6 has with the Corsair PWM fans.
If my parts and electronic bits orders get here before the weekend, I hope to have some results posted by Sunday evening.
(From the WC club thread)
This weekend after some testing on the initial PCB I made to work out the issues with the Corsair PWM fans, I thought that I could do better with a more flexible PCB with more testing options, so I revised that PCB, and just in the last few minutes finished etching it and got it ready to drill.
To go along with that, I ordered 4 of the PWM, SP120 2-Packs and the swiftech X8 splitter on Saturday from FCPU, and an assortment of parts from Digikey.
I was, at first, looking at having someone who already had a bunch of the fans do some testing, but without seeing on the scope what's really going on, that's just not a good way to get a verifiable result.
If my results are good, and I can mod the original PCB to the final component version of the new one, I may still do that to get end user feedback.
If I have the problem solved with 8 fans, I'll get 8 more and another splitter.
I think testing 16 on a channel should be enough, since if it still looks right on the scope with 16, then I know it'll do considerably more.
Assuming I get it all working, I can still sell the fans with a PCB in the "buy & sell" section, so I can justify spending the $ that way.
(Mostly I'm a nerd chick and have an OCD need to find answers)
Anyway, . . . .
Here's the new PCB ,top . . . . with the original test unit, lower:
Here's the PCB I'll be using in the Stretch Build to allow one of the Aquaero 6's to control the 3 pairs of PWM D5's:
Getting the Aquaero to work with the PWM D5's was pretty straight forward.