Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › valley benchmark 7970 is this correct
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

valley benchmark 7970 is this correct - Page 3

post #21 of 28
Thread Starter 
Ik...........


I guess my is voltage locked not sure because when I try moving th slider it goes back to 1.12 when I try 1.13 also will 100mhz on core make a big difference because I am at 1085mhz core 1385 memory and only giving me like 5 extra fps also is it ok to upper ur memory maybe 10-20 more if it isn't crashing or temp not hot
Edited by Mrjellop - 9/5/13 at 5:12pm
post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

again, i'll point out that that temp, i bet, is the core's. the vrms should be monitored, too, and they should be close. both should be maintained below 80C(my standard). bumping the voltage would normally raise your temp, so you really need to watch it. set a more aggressive fan curve using AB or Trixx instead of just using Auto.

do not go over 1.3V for the core and 1.65V for the memory.

i use the render test in GPUz to check my temps. i stop the test if i see my temps about to hit 80C. it looks like this . . .



click the "?" to start the render test.

I don't see the temp?
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjellop View Post

I don't see the temp?

even after you scrolled down the slider? if you did, then your gpu does not have any sensors for the vrms.

you're using HwInfo, right?
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 8 / 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 7 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 8 / 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 7 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 28
Thread Starter 
I using gpu z
post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjellop View Post

I using gpu z

use this . . .

http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

avoid the add ons just get the free app.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 8 / 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 7 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 8 / 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 7 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

use this . . .

http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

avoid the add ons just get the free app.

Could my 7979 be locked I tried unlock voltage I tried putting it to 1.13v but it goes back to 1.12v and does 100mhz on core make a difference because that's about how much I get with 1.12v and is it worth ocing for 100mhz?
post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjellop View Post

Could my 7979 be locked I tried unlock voltage I tried putting it to 1.13v but it goes back to 1.12v and does 100mhz on core make a difference because that's about how much I get with 1.12v and is it worth ocing for 100mhz?

not sure 'cause i really do not oc my gpus just for gaming at 1080. i oc my cpus.

have you tried using switch 2? see is it is any different. it is a tiny switch on top of the card near the bracket.

turn off your system first, flipped the switch, and boot. you might as well save the bios file (for both switches) using gpuz.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 8 / 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 7 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 8 / 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 7 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

not sure 'cause i really do not oc my gpus just for gaming at 1080. i oc my cpus.

have you tried using switch 2? see is it is any different. it is a tiny switch on top of the card near the bracket.

turn off your system first, flipped the switch, and boot. you might as well save the bios file (for both switches) using gpuz.

I emailed HIS they said it will and use iturbo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › valley benchmark 7970 is this correct