Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [IGN] Xbox One is Now in 'Full Production' With an Improved CPU
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[IGN] Xbox One is Now in 'Full Production' With an Improved CPU - Page 16

post #151 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaToast View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess94 View Post

Sony Games Division has never profited. So yes, all 3 consoles, PS1, PS2, and PS3 ARE A FAILURE. THAT IS A FACT.

Where do you get your facts? Have you researched this? No because you are as blind as you are dumb. They use to profit very nicely from the game division before the middle of 2003, yeah that sounds like a console that was failing from the start.rolleyes.gif

That's because profits from their PC games were tied in with the SGD (like Ever Quest). The 3 consoles themselves have always been a failure for Sony losing them hundreds of millions of dollars.
post #152 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess94 View Post

That's because profits from their PC games were tied in with the SGD (like Ever Quest). The 3 consoles themselves have always been a failure for Sony losing them hundreds of millions of dollars.

lol what redface.gif

PS3 was the first regarded failure for Sony and it's now turning a profit BUT for the sake of argument lets make believe the PS3 is not turning profit... You think the PS2 @ 150m sales is a failure? PS1 @ 100m sales is a failure? thumb.gif
Project OP
(9 items)
 
Compooter too
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel Core i5-4690k MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  Samsung 950 m.2 Lightscribe 24x DVDrw 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 LG 25UM57 2560 X 1080 60Hz IPS SilverStone Strider plus SST ST1000-P 
Case
Corsair Carbide 400c  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600s ASRock H61M-DGS AMD R7 250 Kingston HyperX FURY 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
CPU: Corsair H80i Case:Corsair SP120 Windows 10 LG Electronics UM57 25UM57 
PowerCase
SilverStone Tech 500 SFX-L  Rosewill Aluminum Legacy U3-B 
  hide details  
Reply
Project OP
(9 items)
 
Compooter too
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel Core i5-4690k MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition  Samsung 950 m.2 Lightscribe 24x DVDrw 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 LG 25UM57 2560 X 1080 60Hz IPS SilverStone Strider plus SST ST1000-P 
Case
Corsair Carbide 400c  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600s ASRock H61M-DGS AMD R7 250 Kingston HyperX FURY 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
CPU: Corsair H80i Case:Corsair SP120 Windows 10 LG Electronics UM57 25UM57 
PowerCase
SilverStone Tech 500 SFX-L  Rosewill Aluminum Legacy U3-B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #153 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess94 View Post

That's because profits from their PC games were tied in with the SGD (like Ever Quest). The 3 consoles themselves have always been a failure for Sony losing them hundreds of millions of dollars.

ms has lost money too: http://www.neowin.net/news/report-microsofts-xbox-division-has-lost-nearly-3-billion-in-10-years. but again i don't see how that is relevant to them seemingly being unable to make a console without massive qc issues. or their poor design choices this gen
post #154 of 225
take your $500 that your saving for these consols ad another couple hundred and build a nice gaming PC, and that should last you much longer than any consol would. it would also be a safer investment. just saying......
post #155 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda09 View Post

take your $500 that your saving for these consols ad another couple hundred and build a nice gaming PC, and that should last you much longer than any consol would. it would also be a safer investment. just saying......

Build a computer for 800 (500 for the X1 and 300 for five years of live) and show me how good of a computer you can build that will last in games for five years without turning the settings to the absolute minimum and possibly even lowering the resolution.

The problem is a lot of people don't want to use mouse and keyboard, and most people stick on consoles to play with their friends. It's not about computing power or lasting longer (Which is won't), it's about the community and who they want to play with. Not to mention that 500 bucks is a lot for people, and telling them they should spend even more is ludicrous.

Also a "nice gaming PC" is very, very subjective.
post #156 of 225
As a business, the PS3 is the most successful system Sony has released. With the PS3 they made sure that Blu-ray beat HD-DVD in the format wars. That will ensure profits for years to come. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just a 12 year old butt hurt fanboy that doesn't understand how business works.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K MSI Z68 evga 960 4GB 16 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 256GB M4 Samsung DVD R/W SATA Win 7 64bit Dell 24" 2412 
KeyboardMouseAudioAudio
G15 Performance MX creative ZX V-Moda LP 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K MSI Z68 evga 960 4GB 16 gigs DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial 256GB M4 Samsung DVD R/W SATA Win 7 64bit Dell 24" 2412 
KeyboardMouseAudioAudio
G15 Performance MX creative ZX V-Moda LP 
  hide details  
Reply
post #157 of 225
But consoles already use low settings. Your argument is moot. But I'll humor you. 1080p and 60 FPS for the next several years on at least low settings:

7800 series 2GB x2: at least $260 (2GB 7850s after rebate)
AMD FX-6300: $110
Decent motherboard w/ crossfire support: $120
Case: $40
8GB DDR3: $60
650W PSU: $60
1TB HDD: $60
Windows OEM: $90

$800 right there, better performance, can be upgraded, and has far cheaper games through the magic of Steam sales, and IS ALSO A COMPUTER. I don't see you using Office on your Xbox.
Triumvirate
(20 items)
 
Osmium
(8 items)
 
EleMINT 24
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E3-1226 v3 ASRock Z97M OC Formula Sapphire RX 480 (reference) MSI Low-Profile 750Ti 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Blu Red - 2x4GB ADATA XPG - 2x4GB Crucial M500 960GB Samsung 840 250GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Scorpio Blue 1TB Cooler Master 212+ PNY Quadro 600 blower Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro ASUS VE247H - 1080p Gateway FPD1960 - 1280x1024 Rosewill RK9000I - Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Rosewill HIVE 650W Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 Razer DeathAdder 2013 CyberPower 1500PFCLCD 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-7870K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ G.Skill Ripjaws X - 2x4GB @ 2400MT/s Samsung 840 120GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Evercool EC-HPS-810CP Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PicoPSU-120-WI-25 Mini-Box M350 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-4005U OEM Intel HD 4200 4GB DDR3 (soldered) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
MyDigitalSSD Super Boot Eco 120GB Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 1366x768 TN panel :'( brick 
  hide details  
Reply
Triumvirate
(20 items)
 
Osmium
(8 items)
 
EleMINT 24
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E3-1226 v3 ASRock Z97M OC Formula Sapphire RX 480 (reference) MSI Low-Profile 750Ti 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Blu Red - 2x4GB ADATA XPG - 2x4GB Crucial M500 960GB Samsung 840 250GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Scorpio Blue 1TB Cooler Master 212+ PNY Quadro 600 blower Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro ASUS VE247H - 1080p Gateway FPD1960 - 1280x1024 Rosewill RK9000I - Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Rosewill HIVE 650W Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 Razer DeathAdder 2013 CyberPower 1500PFCLCD 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-7870K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ G.Skill Ripjaws X - 2x4GB @ 2400MT/s Samsung 840 120GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Evercool EC-HPS-810CP Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PicoPSU-120-WI-25 Mini-Box M350 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-4005U OEM Intel HD 4200 4GB DDR3 (soldered) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
MyDigitalSSD Super Boot Eco 120GB Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 1366x768 TN panel :'( brick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #158 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

But consoles already use low settings. Your argument is moot. But I'll humor you. 1080p and 60 FPS for the next several years on at least low settings:

7800 series 2GB x2: at least $260 (2GB 7850s after rebate)
AMD FX-6300: $110
Decent motherboard w/ crossfire support: $120
Case: $40
8GB DDR3: $60
650W PSU: $60
1TB HDD: $60
Windows OEM: $90

$800 right there, better performance, can be upgraded, and has far cheaper games through the magic of Steam sales, and IS ALSO A COMPUTER. I don't see you using Office on your Xbox.

Great build. It's kind of difficult to use it without a monitor, keyboard, and mouse though. Also, the problem is, someone with an xbox doesn't want to upgrade until the new system, so your point is moot.

Not to mention the masses don't have the technical know how to build a computer. ( I realize how easy it is, but there are system builders for a reason)

If you could show me a computer from 5 years ago that cost 800 and can still run BF3 at low settings at 1080P (Possibly can do it as 720P) Then I'd believe that a viable option.

However, my point about the community and technical know how still stand regardless if PC is still "better."
post #159 of 225
You're right about the monitor. I guess we can throw in the cost of a TV for a console too? Cheap USB mice and keyboards would total under $20, but a second controller for a console is around $50.
Triumvirate
(20 items)
 
Osmium
(8 items)
 
EleMINT 24
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E3-1226 v3 ASRock Z97M OC Formula Sapphire RX 480 (reference) MSI Low-Profile 750Ti 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Blu Red - 2x4GB ADATA XPG - 2x4GB Crucial M500 960GB Samsung 840 250GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Scorpio Blue 1TB Cooler Master 212+ PNY Quadro 600 blower Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro ASUS VE247H - 1080p Gateway FPD1960 - 1280x1024 Rosewill RK9000I - Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Rosewill HIVE 650W Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 Razer DeathAdder 2013 CyberPower 1500PFCLCD 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-7870K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ G.Skill Ripjaws X - 2x4GB @ 2400MT/s Samsung 840 120GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Evercool EC-HPS-810CP Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PicoPSU-120-WI-25 Mini-Box M350 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-4005U OEM Intel HD 4200 4GB DDR3 (soldered) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
MyDigitalSSD Super Boot Eco 120GB Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 1366x768 TN panel :'( brick 
  hide details  
Reply
Triumvirate
(20 items)
 
Osmium
(8 items)
 
EleMINT 24
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Xeon E3-1226 v3 ASRock Z97M OC Formula Sapphire RX 480 (reference) MSI Low-Profile 750Ti 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Blu Red - 2x4GB ADATA XPG - 2x4GB Crucial M500 960GB Samsung 840 250GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Scorpio Blue 1TB Cooler Master 212+ PNY Quadro 600 blower Corsair H55 + Kraken G10 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro ASUS VE247H - 1080p Gateway FPD1960 - 1280x1024 Rosewill RK9000I - Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Rosewill HIVE 650W Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 Razer DeathAdder 2013 CyberPower 1500PFCLCD 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-7870K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ G.Skill Ripjaws X - 2x4GB @ 2400MT/s Samsung 840 120GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Evercool EC-HPS-810CP Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PicoPSU-120-WI-25 Mini-Box M350 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-4005U OEM Intel HD 4200 4GB DDR3 (soldered) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
MyDigitalSSD Super Boot Eco 120GB Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 1366x768 TN panel :'( brick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #160 of 225
Becuase everyone doesn't have a functioning tv, right? Not everyone still has a desktop monitor.

You have yet to comment on my other points though.

Although you bring up another point with the controller.

I'd like to see you a 3 friends huddle around a monitor all hooked up to one pc. That'd be great to watch.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about oc master race for me, but for the masses, consoles aren't going anywhere.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [IGN] Xbox One is Now in 'Full Production' With an Improved CPU