Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › H70 super high temps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

H70 super high temps

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I'm getting as high as 85-86c when running Prime95 when my fans are on 50% speed, and temps that are near 80c with fans on full ohno-smiley.gif.
Should I remount it, and if I should remount it how much thermal paste is recommended?
I am using a NF-F12 as push and a OEM 1200 RPM fan as pull, the thermal paste used is MX4 and my CPU is a stock i7 3770.
Edited by Hawxie - 9/4/13 at 10:08am
post #2 of 9
What's your Vcore?
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @4.7Ghz Asus P9X79 LE Asus R9 Fury X G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 3TB LG WH14NS40 BD Rewriter Samsung SH-S223Q 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 Enterprise AMH A409U 40" 4K Monitor Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec HCP 1200 Watt CM HAF922 Sharkk 16K DPI Laser Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @4.7Ghz Asus P9X79 LE Asus R9 Fury X G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 3TB LG WH14NS40 BD Rewriter Samsung SH-S223Q 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 Enterprise AMH A409U 40" 4K Monitor Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec HCP 1200 Watt CM HAF922 Sharkk 16K DPI Laser Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawxie View Post

I'm getting as high as 85-86c when running Prime95 when my fans are on 50% speed, and temps that are near 80c with fans on full ohno-smiley.gif.
Should I remount it, and if I should remount it how much thermal paste is recommended?
I am using a NF-F12 as push and a OEM 1200 RPM fan as pull, the thermal paste used is MX4 and my CPU is a stock i7 3770.

Regarding the bolded, the H70 should come with some stock thermal paste already applied. Are you saying you added MX-4 as well?
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
CPU voltage is 1.070
Not completely sure if thats what you asked for.
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisw19 View Post

Regarding the bolded, the H70 should come with some stock thermal paste already applied. Are you saying you added MX-4 as well?
No, I bought it from a friend who barely even used it.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawxie View Post

CPU voltage is 1.070
Not completely sure if thats what you asked for.

Sry for the confusion --- Is that 1.070 what CPU-Z shows under load while running prime95?
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @4.7Ghz Asus P9X79 LE Asus R9 Fury X G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 3TB LG WH14NS40 BD Rewriter Samsung SH-S223Q 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 Enterprise AMH A409U 40" 4K Monitor Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec HCP 1200 Watt CM HAF922 Sharkk 16K DPI Laser Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @4.7Ghz Asus P9X79 LE Asus R9 Fury X G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 3TB LG WH14NS40 BD Rewriter Samsung SH-S223Q 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 Enterprise AMH A409U 40" 4K Monitor Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec HCP 1200 Watt CM HAF922 Sharkk 16K DPI Laser Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinejam View Post

Sry for the confusion --- Is that 1.070 what CPU-Z shows under load while running prime95?
Nope, it went to a 1.112, which is quite high.
its clocked at 3.9-4ghz.

Oh well, after deleting some OC'ing software from Asus and fiddling with my bios, the temps have dropped, dramatically.
Maximum temp recorded so far is 66c, with the same amount of RPM as the one where I hit 86c.
Edited by Hawxie - 9/4/13 at 11:02am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawxie View Post

Nope, it went to a 1.112, which is quite high.
its clocked at 3.9-4ghz.

Oh well, after deleting some OC'ing software from Asus and fiddling with my bios, the temps have dropped, dramatically.
Maximum temp recorded so far is 66c, with the same amount of RPM as the one where I hit 86c.


vCore 1.112 / 66* under load sounds pretty-good to me! thumb.gif
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @4.7Ghz Asus P9X79 LE Asus R9 Fury X G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 3TB LG WH14NS40 BD Rewriter Samsung SH-S223Q 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 Enterprise AMH A409U 40" 4K Monitor Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec HCP 1200 Watt CM HAF922 Sharkk 16K DPI Laser Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K @4.7Ghz Asus P9X79 LE Asus R9 Fury X G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 4x4GB 2400Mhz DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 3TB LG WH14NS40 BD Rewriter Samsung SH-S223Q 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H100i Windows 10 x64 Enterprise AMH A409U 40" 4K Monitor Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec HCP 1200 Watt CM HAF922 Sharkk 16K DPI Laser Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinejam View Post

vCore 1.112 / 66* under load sounds pretty-good to me! thumb.gif
Actually that Vcore is at 1.024 now thumb.gif.
And the highest temp with 40-50% fan speed is 67-69c.
Edited by Hawxie - 9/5/13 at 9:21am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › H70 super high temps