Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [kitguru] - New 144 Hz Philips Gaming Monitor Debuts at IFA
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[kitguru] - New 144 Hz Philips Gaming Monitor Debuts at IFA - Page 25

post #241 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

You switched aspect ratios, so obviously you're going to play worse for a few days as your sensitivity isn't going to feel the same. Counter-Strike is a tactical shooter, not a twitch shooter.

Yes, it is...Half the time if you mention twitch shooter, Counter Strike is what people will think of. (Why else do you think the common stereotype for Counter Strike lover is the foaming at the mouth, can't take a lack of action for 5 seconds twitchy person?)

And most of the difference came down to the FPS, I wasn't sitting there going "Oh wow, it's in widescreen!", I was sitting there gawking over how smooth it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post

Yes they will. There is no getting used to or learning period, it's instant.

To a certain point, it's not completely instant nor would someone become magically more than slightly better as a result of playing on a 120Hz+ screen.

If someone wants to actually test it: Underclock GPU(s) to get much lower FPS and stutter, play like that until it feels normal and then increase performance to have something playable but not butter smooth, then 60fps constant/120fps constant depending on the panel.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #242 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post
 

 

No YOU don't get it.

 

Just because someone drives a Ferrari, it doesn't make that person an incredible driver.

 

A very skilled driver with a less powerfull car can easily beat the driver with Ferrari.

 

But somehow your brain does not understand that I am NOT denying the fact that a 120hz screen is faster, but I am also saying that it is ALL about the player at the end of the day.

 

So which means. Having a 120hz monitor DOES NOT make someone magically better than everyone else. A person with a 60hz monitor can still win the battles. Hence, 60hz does not make anyone everyone worse.

 

If my opinion is not a fact so is yours. Hence the Ferrari example.

 

I did not made it about IPS. I am not suprised that a person like you did not see that. The thread was already talking about IPS when I first messaged it. So please, next time if you believe you can challange me on a conversation, be a bit more prepared and read everything through.

 

Me troll? You keep saying it all the time, like one of those guys who always deny things and label others but at the end of the day finds out that he is the thing he labeled people for.

 

Edit : Actually it is my mistake trying to have a decent conversation with a person who insists on spelling ''more'' as ''moAR''... This even explains a lot.

 

Illogical^

 

 

1st: You are incapable of staying on topic, or even rebuttaling people's points. (language barrier..?)

 

2nd: Only you iARDAs, is suggest that moAr hz makes them a better player. I have only stated the fact that moAr hz is better for the players.

 

3rd: Most "people" will lap better times around Instanbul Park in a Ferrari, than in a Chevrolet.

 

 

 

 

People looking for performance use performance vehicles. They don't buy things that don't mirror their level of performance. A Ferrari doesn't make u a better driver,   ...it just doesn't hinder your performance. That is what you fail to grasp.

 

 

Secondly, it is ONLY YOU... that keeps making the claim the 120hz makes them a better player.  It doesn't, they already have their skill and nothing will make them better. BUT...  playing at 60hz will diminish those people's skill & playability. FACT!

 

Even in static mind games like Luminosity benefit from superior pixil performance.... because your mouse is soooooo smooooth and glides across your screen like a CRT. Because the higher the frequency, you get greater precision. Granted, toddlers & elders don't have the motor skills to where that added performance matters to them. But then again nobody is talking about those people.

 

 

 

 

I have never said, nor argued against the fact that some people won't benefit from faster panels, it is because those same people won't benefit from anything. But then again I have the ability to remember the scope of the conversation and stay within it's limits and not over-regurgitate in every one of them. Clouding the issues for people trying to find things out about a 144hz monitor.

 

 

 

Again... you have like 50 posts in a gaming monitor thread and all of them are about color gamut, IPS & yourself = trolling


Edited by formula m - 9/15/13 at 6:41am
post #243 of 344
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula m View Post

Illogical^


1st: You are incapable of staying on topic, or even rebuttaling people's points. (language barrier..?)

2nd: Only you iARDAs, is suggest that moAr hz makes them a better player. I have only stated the fact that moAr hz is better for the players.

3rd: Most "people" will lap better times around Instanbul Park in a Ferrari, than in a Chevrolet.




People looking for performance use performance vehicles. They don't buy things that don't mirror their level of performance. A Ferrari doesn't make u a better driver,   ...it just doesn't hinder your performance. That is what you fail to grasp.


Secondly, it is ONLY YOU... that keeps making the claim the 120hz makes them a better player.  It doesn't, they already have their skill and nothing will make them better. BUT...  playing at 60hz will diminish those people's skill & playability. FACT!

Even in static mind games like Luminosity benefit from superior pixil performance.... because your mouse is soooooo smooooth and glides across your screen like a CRT. Because the higher the frequency, you get greater precision. Granted, toddlers & elders don't have the motor skills to where that added performance matters to them. But then again nobody is talking about those people.




I have never said, nor argued against the fact that some people won't benefit from faster panels, it is because those same people won't benefit from anything. But then again I have the ability to remember the scope of the conversation and stay within it's limits and not over-regurgitate in every one of them. Clouding the issues for people trying to find things out about a 144hz monitor.



Again... you have like 50 posts in a gaming monitor thread and all of them are about color gamut, IPS & yourself = trolling

QFT
post #244 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by formula m View Post
 

 

Illogical^

 

 

1st: You are incapable of staying on topic, or even rebuttaling people's points. (language barrier..?)

 

2nd: Only you iARDAs, is suggest that moAr hz makes them a better player. I have only stated the fact that moAr hz is better for the players.

 

3rd: Most "people" will lap better times around Instanbul Park in a Ferrari, than in a Chevrolet.

 

 

 

 

People looking for performance use performance vehicles. They don't buy things that don't mirror their level of performance. A Ferrari doesn't make u a better driver,   ...it just doesn't hinder your performance. That is what you fail to grasp.

 

 

Secondly, it is ONLY YOU... that keeps making the claim the 120hz makes them a better player.  It doesn't, they already have their skill and nothing will make them better. BUT...  playing at 60hz will diminish those people's skill & playability. FACT!

 

Even in static mind games like Luminosity benefit from superior pixil performance.... because your mouse is soooooo smooooth and glides across your screen like a CRT. Because the higher the frequency, you get greater precision. Granted, toddlers & elders don't have the motor skills to where that added performance matters to them. But then again nobody is talking about those people.

 

 

 

 

I have never said, nor argued against the fact that some people won't benefit from faster panels, it is because those same people won't benefit from anything. But then again I have the ability to remember the scope of the conversation and stay within it's limits and not over-regurgitate in every one of them. Clouding the issues for people trying to find things out about a 144hz monitor.

 

 

 

Again... you have like 50 posts in a gaming monitor thread and all of them are about color gamut, IPS & yourself = trolling

 

Hahaha I am staying off topic?

 

1-) Wow. You are the person who started our convesation btw no offense.

 

2-) I have NEVER said more hz is better. Where did I say that. Can you please stop LYING and tell me that more FPS is better? I said SMOOTHER. No offence but you are a liar sir.

 

3-) Yeah exactly MOST people. Not EVERYONE like you keep saying.

 

Once again another lie. You are the one who says 120hz is better. I never said it makes anyone a better player. Where did I say that? I never stated a fact.

 

The thing is you can not counter argue and you spread lies which I NEVER SAID.

 

Playing at 60hz will not diminish people's ability to play. This is NOT A FACT. Since when a personal preference became a fact?

 

Sorry but you are not overclock.net material. 

 

But again could you please tell me where did I every say that 120hz makes people better? If you can not, I will not continue this conversation with a liar. Sorry. Btw I am not insulting you. I am just telling you liar that you are talking about points as If I ever talked about them.

 

Edit : Your inability to understand stuff is astonishing. All I said was for me 60hz IPS and 120hz TN panels did not make a difference. This was not a FACT nor a recommendation. Just a personal experience. Please go back and read our first argument. But guess what? You have no such ability. 

 

Edit 2 : My every single message in this thread is a reply to someone else. Learn the difference. YOu are by far the worse member in OCN.net and oh. You are also a liar. Talking about stuff that I never said. Can you please quote some of the things you PRETEND that I said?


Edited by iARDAs - 9/15/13 at 6:57am
post #245 of 344
Iardas let trolls be trolls. You've stated your facts, and he has rebutted without any facts that he can actually back up. Don't bother replying to his nonsense.
post #246 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

Iardas let trolls be trolls. You've stated your facts, and he has rebutted without any facts that he can actually back up. Don't bother replying to his nonsense.

 

Yeah the guy just doesn't understand that I 1.000.000 times said that 120hz is a smoother experience than a 60hz IPS panel, but playing at 60hz does not make a person everyone a worse player. (Personal preferences will vary, hence it can never be a fact) However he fails to understand the point.

 

He actually assumed that I was saying bad things about TN panels which I wasn't, so the guy automatically assumed that I am a TN panel hater or something. Hence he is loosing credibility in the argument.

 

I am sorry for the other folks reading our argument over a week. 


Edited by iARDAs - 9/15/13 at 7:21am
post #247 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Yeah the guy just doesn't understand that I 1.000.000 times said that 120hz is a smoother experience than a 60hz IPS panel, but playing at 60hz does not make a person everyone a worse player. (Personal preferences will vary, hence it can never be a fact) However he fails to understand the point.

He actually assumed that I was saying bad things about TN panels which I wasn't, so the guy automatically assumed that I am a TN panel hater or something. Hence he is loosing credibility in the argument.

I am sorry for the other folks reading our argument over a week. 

It really is a pointless argument, you can enjoy your colors while I'll enjoy my motion clarity. You're not going to change your opinion, and TN users aren't going to change theirs.
post #248 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Mac View Post


It really is a pointless argument, you can enjoy your colors while I'll enjoy my motion clarity. You're not going to change your opinion, and TN users aren't going to change theirs.

 

The thing is I am not trying to change anybody's opinion. Where do you get that?

 

I even admired the smoothness of 120hz monitors but stated it is not a FACT that 60hz makes people worse however that guy who shall not be named is saying that its a fact.

 

2+2 = 4 is a fact

 

Sun is warm is a fact

 

120hz will provide more hz which is a fact

 

1440p resolution looks sharper and have better PPI ratio which is a fact.

 

but 60hz diminishes a person's ability is NOT A FACT.

post #249 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Yeah the guy just doesn't understand that I 1.000.000 times said that 120hz is a smoother experience than a 60hz IPS panel, but playing at 60hz does not make a person everyone a worse player. (Personal preferences will vary, hence it can never be a fact) However he fails to understand the point.

He actually assumed that I was saying bad things about TN panels which I wasn't, so the guy automatically assumed that I am a TN panel hater or something. Hence he is loosing credibility in the argument.

I am sorry for the other folks reading our argument over a week. 
I would like to know which games you play that don't really benefit from a more responsive monitor. I can't imagine anyone not being benefited by playing Counter Strike on a 120Hz monitor. I can still play pretty well on a 60Hz monitor, since a lot of shooting is down to muscle memory, but it's still easier when the screen is less laggy.
post #250 of 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post


I would like to know which games you play that don't really benefit from a more responsive monitor. I can't imagine anyone not being benefited by playing Counter Strike on a 120Hz monitor. I can still play pretty well on a 60Hz monitor, since a lot of shooting is down to muscle memory, but it's still easier when the screen is less laggy.

 

I never said it did NOT benefit. Guys where are you reading things from?

 

I said countless times that 120hz is smoother. 

 

Even the response I gave which you quoted does not imply what you just said :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [kitguru] - New 144 Hz Philips Gaming Monitor Debuts at IFA