Originally Posted by fleetfeather
Pros/Cons for the 7990:
- You're getting great performance/dollar.
- You're getting lots of bonus value with the free games (and you can claim the free games at a later date when new ones are available).
- The new drivers have apparently cleared up a lot of the frame rate issues that previously plagued some Xfire setups on single-monitor setups.
- You're buying a card when the next-gen is a matter of weeks away from being announced.
- You're buying into a immediate Xfire situation, which can make upgrading down the road more costly (esp. in terms of price/performance since scaling diminishes past 2-way Xfire/SLI)
- The new drivers are very new (cata 13.10 beta was released, like, hours ago) so you might want to hold off a little while longer and see what people have to say about them regarding the Xfire setups which weren't previously improved in 13.8.
Can't comment on ref vs aftermarket designs; I don't own the card myself.
That's all leaning me towards a 7990. I feel like it's too good of a deal to pass up with the best bundle out there.
Does anyone know anything about the PowerColor vs Reference?