Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › Hardware Optimization › Einstein@Home project support thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Einstein@Home project support thread - Page 7

post #61 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cekim View Post

Oops, looks like I have a stack of E@H results that will leak out if I release the network for zikka on one machine.

Going to use iptables to block the entire sub-net and see if that does it...

 

That will work.  I posted the IP for the server in the Cross Country thread.

post #62 of 64
I was able to add Einstein previously to both windows and linux machines and everything worked (including GPU). Now I've tried to add both a CPU and GPU node and on both I get "Failed to add project - try again later" but no other feedback.

Any thoughts on how to debug this and what might be going wrong?

The only thing I see in the log is "Fetching configuration file from https://einsteinathome.org/get_project_config.php"

It's connected to the net and running other projects, so connectivity isn't the issue.

I am set to GPU only, but, they are present (and that worked previously on another machine). GPUs are detected correctly in the event log.
post #63 of 64
I have a sneaking suspicion it was the fresh install that got me. Spefically this:
ca-certificates-2017.2.11-70.1.el7_3.noarch

I found a ream of people with this debug-output-free condition of "unable to add project" which turned out to be the this long-running internet-wide passive-aggressive urination match over certs and a certain company's failure to handle their business.

Updating the new machines now to see if that was it. I CAN add in windows and I was able to add to other linux machines previously, but I've been building clean boot images to do this stuff, so I wouldn't have updated the newer ones.

EDIT: well at least updating that one package is not enough, whatever it is...
Edited by cekim - 5/6/17 at 4:25pm
post #64 of 64
Debug flags not providing any immediate clarity... It's broken, I'd gathered that much already. Very strange...

06-May-2017 22:11:12 [http] [ID#2] Received header from server: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
06-May-2017 22:11:12 [http] [ID#2] Received header from server: Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 02:11:12 GMT
06-May-2017 22:11:12 [http] [ID#2] Received header from server: Server: Apache
06-May-2017 22:11:12 [http] [ID#2] Received header from server: Content-Length: 226
06-May-2017 22:11:12 [http] [ID#2] Received header from server: Connection: close
06-May-2017 22:11:12 [http] [ID#2] Received header from server: Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
06-May-2017 22:11:12 [http] [ID#2] Received header from server:
06-May-2017 22:11:12 [http] [ID#2] Info: Closing connection 1

EDIT: well, complete re-install and update and it works now...

So, best guess is version issue, but since i'd already done that once in a more piecemeal basis, I don't know which version of what.

EDIT2: cant do an update all on one machine right now as it will break other things that I can't break. However, I was able to get around the problem by adding the project on another machine and copying the work-directory over. It picked up where the other left off without issue...
Edited by cekim - 5/7/17 at 4:51pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware Optimization
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net BOINC Team › Hardware Optimization › Einstein@Home project support thread