Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Really lost here..compression fittings dont fit at all no matter what I do
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Really lost here..compression fittings dont fit at all no matter what I do - Page 2

post #11 of 18
I would move to the thinner walled tubing, ALOT cheaper than getting new compressions.

Also as a side note, the tubing can have differences in size tolerances, I have Advanced LRT in black and fits fine, I have some red and it's alot tighter fit.
Edited by DaaQ - 9/11/13 at 6:49am
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaQ View Post

I would move to the thinner walled tubing, ALOT cheaper than getting new compressions.

Also as a side note, the tubing can have differences in size tolerances, I have Advanced LRT in black and fits fine, I have some red and it's alot tighter fit.

Which size would have the best fit you reckon? I cant find any 7/16 for sale here in my country.
post #13 of 18
This is a dumb question, but you're putting the fitting collar on the correct way, right? I know, it's stupid but it has to be asked tongue.gif

Assuming there are no brain farts at play here, if I was in your shoes I would go back to the store and get them to replace the fittings. Or, show me what I was doing wrong.

BTW you can avoid damaging the plating by using a small piece of rubber (from a bike inner tube for example), or a small piece of tubing with a slice in it, to cushion between the wrench and the lock ring.
Blinky
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 @4.034 GHz Asus Rampage III Formula GeForce GTX 770 6GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro SSD EK Supreme HF (full nickel) Danger Den Monsoon Dual-Bay Reservoir/Pump Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Rosewill RK-9000 Seasonic X-650 Cosmos 1000 
Other
Lamptron FC5-V2 
  hide details  
Reply
Blinky
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 @4.034 GHz Asus Rampage III Formula GeForce GTX 770 6GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro SSD EK Supreme HF (full nickel) Danger Den Monsoon Dual-Bay Reservoir/Pump Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Rosewill RK-9000 Seasonic X-650 Cosmos 1000 
Other
Lamptron FC5-V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 18
FCPU has all kinds, not sure what country your in tho. http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c99/s809/list/p1/Liquid_Cooling-Tubing-716_x_58_Tubing-Page1.html

To add to what threephi said, I used several layers of heat shrink on channel lock jaws.
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by threephi View Post

This is a dumb question, but you're putting the fitting collar on the correct way, right? I know, it's stupid but it has to be asked tongue.gif

Assuming there are no brain farts at play here, if I was in your shoes I would go back to the store and get them to replace the fittings. Or, show me what I was doing wrong.

BTW you can avoid damaging the plating by using a small piece of rubber (from a bike inner tube for example), or a small piece of tubing with a slice in it, to cushion between the wrench and the lock ring.

Thanks for the tip. I'm sadly not having a brain fart, it's on the correct way tongue.gif I can't go to the shop because they're online only and dont do appointments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaQ View Post

FCPU has all kinds, not sure what country your in tho. http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c99/s809/list/p1/Liquid_Cooling-Tubing-716_x_58_Tubing-Page1.html

To add to what threephi said, I used several layers of heat shrink on channel lock jaws.

The shipping alone is 40$ sadly, for $60 I can get a full new set of compression fittings (Feser) here and the tubing..
post #16 of 18
It seems like the only logical explanation is that either the tubing or the fittings are the wrong size, or defective. If you can get someone from the shop on the phone, try and explain what's going on. If they are a reputable business that cares about gaining loyal customers, they should work with you on shipping costs for any exchange you need.
Blinky
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 @4.034 GHz Asus Rampage III Formula GeForce GTX 770 6GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro SSD EK Supreme HF (full nickel) Danger Den Monsoon Dual-Bay Reservoir/Pump Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Rosewill RK-9000 Seasonic X-650 Cosmos 1000 
Other
Lamptron FC5-V2 
  hide details  
Reply
Blinky
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 @4.034 GHz Asus Rampage III Formula GeForce GTX 770 6GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro SSD EK Supreme HF (full nickel) Danger Den Monsoon Dual-Bay Reservoir/Pump Win 7 Pro 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Rosewill RK-9000 Seasonic X-650 Cosmos 1000 
Other
Lamptron FC5-V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 18
Thread Starter 
Small update for anyone that replied here: I just got some Danger Den tubing in the mail, same dimensions as the Primoflex 3/8 5/8 but this is SO much easier to work with and I actually don't even need to get new fittings now!

I also ordered the 5/16 tubing like you guys suggested, but it slides off too easily to be safe to use. Good thing I ordered a feet of DD just to be sure thumb.gif

Thanks for the help guys
post #18 of 18
You really want to use the Pimoflex Advanced LRT tubing, it's the only one in the market with no plasticizer issues.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Really lost here..compression fittings dont fit at all no matter what I do