Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › WildStar Information and Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WildStar Information and Discussion Thread - Page 5

post #41 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

Still needs more work in terms of net code and graphics optimisation. I shouldn't be needing to turn down game settings when running with a OC'd 4770k and a OC'd 780 Ti @ 1080p lol.

No SLI support at launch btw.

Agreed, but I have the same comp (4770 isn't OCd though) with a OCd 780 and I run fine everything maxed at 1440p. There is memory leak which require a ui reload or relog every hour or two, but that should be fixed by launch. I do see a lot of people having fps issues though, not sure why I don't have any.
post #42 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by alitz2 View Post

Agreed, but I have the same comp (4770 isn't OCd though) with a OCd 780 and I run fine everything maxed at 1440p. There is memory leak which require a ui reload or relog every hour or two, but that should be fixed by launch. I do see a lot of people having fps issues though, not sure why I don't have any.

i was dipping into the low 40's with everything maxed at 1080. I try to sustain 50-60fps minimums for gaming, which for me is requiring settings adjustments.

I might flash another bios and enable kboost to see if that's the issue.
post #43 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by alitz2 View Post

I wouldn't worry about the comparison to GW2 gear, make no mistake wildstar is about gear progression and making yourself powerful, not cosmetics. I've been in beta, it's a fun game that I have very high hopes for, however I am seriously worried about the june release date. The game doesn't just need polishing and bug fixing, it needs some system overhauls and there just isn't time for that. Class balance will likely be way off at launch, warplots may not even make in release, among other issues.

Issues aside, it's the most fun mmo I have played (wow, daoc, gw2) and has an amazing amount of potential in both pve and pvp. There will be issues at launch, but 6 months down the road it could be an amazing game. Maybe Carbine will surprise me at launch tho, but there is just so little time now...

If I am not mistaken, doesn't GW2 and Wildstar have the same parent company in NCSoft? If so, it would make a lot of sense as to why the game may be getting released way sooner then it should be. GW2 should have not been release when it was IMO because there just wasn't enough polished content and the whole Living Story thing wasn't really fleshed out well. Had Arena Net taken a little more time (6 months to 1 year) the game could of been wayyyyy better.

I hope that the issues you mention aren't something that is fixed after release. That just hurts everyone's faith in the game and company. I would rather see Wildstar pull a Witcher 3 and delay the game to finish polishing it instead of pushing out an incomplete product. The "6 months down the road" idea to get games fixed is a very dicey thing to operate under since it should never be an option in the first place.
post #44 of 300
Yup you are correct, NCSoft is the parent of both. 2013 was supposed to be "the year of Wildstar", aka release time however it got pushed back. Looks like NCSoft is forcing the launch date now. It will still be a good game at launch, the current beta we are playing in is definitely a good game (though buggy) but it needs a ton of work to be a great game. And for a $60 box fee + $15 monthly sub fee, it really needs to be a great game but it's just not there yet unfortunately. I'm sure there are many who are playing the game that disagree with me here though.
post #45 of 300
stuff the story haha, they've said they're committed to endgame content. As long as they pair it with balanced PvP, I'm sold.

---

srsly Engi has a pretty serious design flaw atm though; WS is movement-based gameplay, and engi has no gap closer, no escape, and slowed speed while casting.... trade all the heavy armor you want, if you're eating "avoidable" attacks by raid bosses or pvp zergs, you're going to drop like a sack of doorknobs regardless
post #46 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

stuff the story haha, they've said they're committed to endgame content. As long as they pair it with balanced PvP, I'm sold.

---

srsly Engi has a pretty serious design flaw atm though; WS is movement-based gameplay, and engi has no gap closer, no escape, and slowed speed while casting.... trade all the heavy armor you want, if you're eating "avoidable" attacks by raid bosses or pvp zergs, you're going to drop like a sack of doorknobs regardless

Engi and medics are easily the top classes in pvp right now, everyone else doesn't compare
post #47 of 300
Mmm Engi is only strong because of the broken skills which are scheduled for patching. Once T8 electro gets fixed and blind gets toned down, it's going to be tough to keep fps pressure up with 0 burst and no ability to punish or reset.
post #48 of 300
I haven't played any other class but Esper so far and they seem incredibly OP.
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
Elite Four x 2
(8 items)
 
My Laptop
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2630QM Mobile Processor @ 2.9GHz Intel HM65 Chipset Mainboard GeForce GT 540M 2GB PCIe 8GB DDR3 Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB 7200RPM 8X DVD+/-R/RW/4X +DL Windows 7 64bit 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetfeather View Post

Still needs more work in terms of net code and graphics optimisation. I shouldn't be needing to turn down game settings when running with a OC'd 4770k and a OC'd 780 Ti @ 1080p lol.

No SLI support at launch btw.

MMORPGs almost never support dual GPUs, Infact i don't know a single MMORPG that does.

mmorpgs are single GPU games.



Well CBT Is over and Exiles sent off the CBT with a dance party in the main city. thumb.gif
post #50 of 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

MMORPGs almost never support dual GPUs, Infact i don't know a single MMORPG that does.

mmorpgs are single GPU games.



Well CBT Is over and Exiles sent off the CBT with a dance party in the main city. thumb.gif

Any modern MMO should be looking to leverage multi-GPU systems. You can't crank Scaling and Visible Distances with a single card. You also can't push multi monitor setups with a single GPU (seen it first hand with a friend trying to push 3x1080p on dual 7990's forced to run as a single 7970 due to lack of Xfire support).

I don't really care for AMD cards, but even I can appreciate HSA's potential to eliminate the CPU bottleneck when it comes to recalculating player positions in MMO's, at which point Xfire support could exponentially increase framerates in all environments (even in major towns or large scale combat).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › WildStar Information and Discussion Thread