New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

go 7300

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
hello! I've been fighting with my laptop for like a week, and i need some help

i'm on windows vista, and i have the 97.35 release from guru3d. and i try to overclock the system, but i can't access the classic control panel (rundll32 error ), rivatuner doesn't work (shows N/A on the overclocking tool), powerstrip doesn't work either... the only tool that works is nTune, but everytime that start up the computer, i need to put in the values again, and that takes some time... i need to try some overclocking tools, can anyone help me? or is there any way to change the overclocked values right in the registry? thanks
post #2 of 11
Heh, I wouldnt recommed you overclocking laptop...you are just going to burn it.
-
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D 8400 / Intel Core Duo T2400 GA-G31M-S2L / Intel ATI 4850 / 7800 GT 2GB ddr2 / 2GB ddr2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 320Gb WD / 2x 160GB Seagate Samsung / Matsushitsu XP SP2 / Vista / Ubuntu Viewsonic 22" / 17" wide 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cheftec 500W X / Laptop Antec P180B /Laptop Logitech G5 / A4Tech X7 
Mouse Pad
Glass 
  hide details  
Reply
-
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D 8400 / Intel Core Duo T2400 GA-G31M-S2L / Intel ATI 4850 / 7800 GT 2GB ddr2 / 2GB ddr2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 320Gb WD / 2x 160GB Seagate Samsung / Matsushitsu XP SP2 / Vista / Ubuntu Viewsonic 22" / 17" wide 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Cheftec 500W X / Laptop Antec P180B /Laptop Logitech G5 / A4Tech X7 
Mouse Pad
Glass 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 11
well if you are intent on ocing your laptop u can use the ati tool beta
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055t@3.8 Crosshair IV Formula Diamond 5850 4gb G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64gb SSD w/trim WIndows 7 Pro 64bit 21.5 Dell Ultrasharp Microsoft Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750w Decathalon Lancool k-62 G5 Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055t@3.8 Crosshair IV Formula Diamond 5850 4gb G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
64gb SSD w/trim WIndows 7 Pro 64bit 21.5 Dell Ultrasharp Microsoft Sidewinder 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750w Decathalon Lancool k-62 G5 Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorpheusPT View Post
hello! I've been fighting with my laptop for like a week, and i need some help

i'm on windows vista, and i have the 97.35 release from guru3d. and i try to overclock the system, but i can't access the classic control panel (rundll32 error ), rivatuner doesn't work (shows N/A on the overclocking tool), powerstrip doesn't work either... the only tool that works is nTune, but everytime that start up the computer, i need to put in the values again, and that takes some time... i need to try some overclocking tools, can anyone help me? or is there any way to change the overclocked values right in the registry? thanks
I don't get classic view with my 8800 either
My love machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2.9 MacBook Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
512 SSD OSX El Capitan 13.3" 60W 
Case
MacBook 
  hide details  
Reply
My love machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2.9 MacBook Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
512 SSD OSX El Capitan 13.3" 60W 
Case
MacBook 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by an51r View Post
well if you are intent on ocing your laptop u can use the ati tool beta
with an ATI tool on a Nvidia card? does it work?
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorpheusPT View Post
with an ATI tool on a Nvidia card? does it work?
Yes, it will work, but why in the world do you want to overclock your 7300 Go? Overclocking a laptop is for the most part not a good idea. The returns in performance you will see will be severely hindered by the extra amount of heat that the parts are producing, leading to either instability, or in the worst cases, complete system shut down. You need to understand that a laptop is created as a closed system, and is only created to handle loads at stock. If you want to overclock something, build yourself a desktop.
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubnotub1 View Post
Yes, it will work, but why in the world do you want to overclock your 7300 Go? Overclocking a laptop is for the most part not a good idea. The returns in performance you will see will be severely hindered by the extra amount of heat that the parts are producing, leading to either instability, or in the worst cases, complete system shut down. You need to understand that a laptop is created as a closed system, and is only created to handle loads at stock. If you want to overclock something, build yourself a desktop.
because otherwise not even Pro Evolution Soccer 6 runs smooth on it.
post #8 of 11
Pro Evo...........you the MAN! Great game
New Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-4930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.215v Asus Rampage IV Formula Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133 9-10-10-24, 2T 2x Corsair GS 120gb SSD Windows 8 QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll @ 120hz 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1250W Corsair Vengeance C70 
  hide details  
Reply
New Build
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-4930k @ 4.5ghz, 1.215v Asus Rampage IV Formula Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 Gigabyte 780 TI OC @ 1295/7400 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2133 9-10-10-24, 2T 2x Corsair GS 120gb SSD Windows 8 QNIX QX2710 Evolution ll @ 120hz 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1250W Corsair Vengeance C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorpheusPT View Post
hello! I've been fighting with my laptop for like a week, and i need some help

i'm on windows vista, and i have the 97.35 release from guru3d. and i try to overclock the system, but i can't access the classic control panel (rundll32 error ), rivatuner doesn't work (shows N/A on the overclocking tool), powerstrip doesn't work either... the only tool that works is nTune, but everytime that start up the computer, i need to put in the values again, and that takes some time... i need to try some overclocking tools, can anyone help me? or is there any way to change the overclocked values right in the registry? thanks
Have you looked here for drivers http://www.nvidia.com/page/technology_vista_home.html
Why even mess with Vista right now? I mean most of these apps aren't even optimized for Vista yet.
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Mighty-iTX
(12 items)
 
One foot in..
(17 items)
 
mATX
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4770K M7-Impact Strix GTX980 Samsung 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 256 Glacer 240L W8.1 K272HUL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Seasonic X-650 Prodigy MX518 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770K/45/43 Maximus VI Extreme R290X R290X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung Crucial M4 64GB RAIDR LSSWM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Glacer 7 Ultimate 64 SyncMaster Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX 1050 BE 600T Silver MX518 Desk 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4330 Z87 Gryphon GTX690 G.Skill RipJawsX 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Blacks Hyper 212 W8.1 ACER 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Ultra X3 1000w Corsair 230T Orange Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
i know, but i like the design, and so far, evertything is working great.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home