Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Overclocking i7-4930k Help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclocking i7-4930k Help - Page 139

post #1381 of 1417
https://scontent.flis2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t35.0-12/13549116_10209689320206679_67529637_o.png?oh=7a6d9914b364dd1927b74bc50963ecae&oe=57716EB5 biggrin.gif x42 1.20v bios
post #1382 of 1417
Hey all I have had my 4930k with my RIVBE now for a while. Recently I went through some issues that were mostly caused by shaky fingers and bent CPU pins and I F5'd (reset to stock) all my settings in the bios. In trying to get back to my max cpu OC of 4.3 (at a min vcore of 1.36) I have forgotten some of the settings I had changed.
I have already disabled the CPU and PCIe spread spectrum settings and am looking at changing a few other settings.
But there are a couple settings that I am not able to find any info on in the printed and web pages I have saved, in particular the Load Line Calibration settings..

Do I change any of the Load Line Calibration settings or should I leave them at auto?

I believe I had changed them to a higher setting but I am not entirely definite and do not want to change them if I am not supposed to.
Also if you guys can think of any other settings I may need to change please feel free to let me know.

Thanks in advance!
The Dark Knight
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930k ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM San Disk Ultra II Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc Swiftech H 240-X Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Clean Acrylic Swiftech H 140-X 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel/Black 1070 MS Windows 10 Pro Vizio 24" 1080p TV  AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monito... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K95 RGB EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus Phantom 820 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
None Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system Sound Blaster Zx NZXT Hue+  
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2 
  hide details  
Reply
The Dark Knight
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4930k ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 G.Skill Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro Western Digital BLACK SERIES 7200RPM San Disk Ultra II Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Blu Ray 16x Multi Disc Swiftech H 240-X Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Clean Acrylic Swiftech H 140-X 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Nickel/Black 1070 MS Windows 10 Pro Vizio 24" 1080p TV  AOC G2460PG 24" 1ms (GTG) 144 Hz Gaming Monito... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K95 RGB EVGA G2 1000w Gold Plus Phantom 820 Black Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
None Logitech z906 5.1 surround speaker system Sound Blaster Zx NZXT Hue+  
Other
NZXT Grid+ V2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1383 of 1417
Hey man I had my 4930k for a long time also had it clocked to 4.8 for about 3 years until I ended up having some issues with my motherboard which led to an issue with my processor. Luckily Intel replaced my 4930k for free being it was still under warranty and I got the same motherboard to match and have had some pretty good luck with this new chip also.

I would recommend that you have your CPU LLC set to medium for 24/7 use and high for benching.
VCCSA LLC set to regular
VCCSA current capability to 120%

set an offset to run cool and make sure your ram timings are set. This chip is very particular.

Here is what I am getting @ a 4.6 24/7 stable overclock with offset.

Runs cool and strong. If you need any support with settings let me know and I will help you get back up there again. thumb.gif

http://valid.x86.fr/bench/bbl244

what is stranger is I get better results at 4.5

http://valid.x86.fr/bench/ql3lgm
Edited by danycyo - 9/1/16 at 2:20am
post #1384 of 1417
Replaced recently my 4820K @ 4.9 (it could go 5.2 @ 1.42v) with a used 4930K. (Malaysia made one unfortunately)

The 4930K is kinda pants overclocker 4.5 @ 1.41v stable (which I have it atm). And 4.6 needs 1.45v.
Is it safe to run it for 5-6 months at 1.45v? I do plan to upgrading to Zen or Skylake-E early next year.
It is under water, with a Predator 360.


Or sell the lot and accept an offer for a used 6800K @ 4.4Ghz with Rampage V and 16GB DDR4 for £550?
post #1385 of 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediuld View Post

Replaced recently my 4820K @ 4.9 (it could go 5.2 @ 1.42v) with a used 4930K. (Malaysia made one unfortunately)

The 4930K is kinda pants overclocker 4.5 @ 1.41v stable (which I have it atm). And 4.6 needs 1.45v.
Is it safe to run it for 5-6 months at 1.45v? I do plan to upgrading to Zen or Skylake-E early next year.
It is under water, with a Predator 360.


Or sell the lot and accept an offer for a used 6800K @ 4.4Ghz with Rampage V and 16GB DDR4 for £550?


"Probably."  Being that it's well past EOL and you only plan on using it for 6 months I think you'd probably be fine at 1.45v.  Honestly, since day 1 I've heard way fewer actual reports of degradation than we were led to believe at IB-e release a few years back.

 

But nothing's guaranteed, it could also catch fire immediately. YMMV. lol

 

Also, there's almost no practical difference between 4.5ghz vs 4.6, other than the idea that 4.6 "feels" faster.  You might consider playing it safe and just leaving it at 4.5 for the next few months until it's upgrade time.

post #1386 of 1417
You can run 1.45v @ 4.6 for 6 months as long as you have adequate cooling and the temperatures look good. I would say however that knowing that your chip takes 4.5v to run at that clock I would recommend setting an offset so it isn't constantly being ran at that voltage which would also prolong the life of the chip. As far as selling the lot and moving towards a 6700k that would not yield you much of a performance increase especially without knowing what type of clocks the new chip will get. A 4.6ghz 4930k toasts a 6700k at 4.2ghz. The benefit would be the ddr4 and newer architecture. I would save your $ and put it towards something else but that's just me.
post #1387 of 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by danycyo View Post

You can run 1.45v @ 4.6 for 6 months as long as you have adequate cooling and the temperatures look good. I would say however that knowing that your chip takes 4.5v to run at that clock I would recommend setting an offset so it isn't constantly being ran at that voltage which would also prolong the life of the chip. As far as selling the lot and moving towards a 6700k that would not yield you much of a performance increase especially without knowing what type of clocks the new chip will get. A 4.6ghz 4930k toasts a 6700k at 4.2ghz. The benefit would be the ddr4 and newer architecture. I would save your $ and put it towards something else but that's just me.

Cheers smile.gif

Actually is a 6800K @ 4.4Ghz not a 6700K that was offered.
And nothing else atm, Skylake-E is 6+ months away, Zen is 4+ months away

But indeed I will keep the 4930K for 6 months.
post #1388 of 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fediuld View Post


Cheers smile.gif

Actually is a 6800K @ 4.4Ghz not a 6700K that was offered.
And nothing else atm, Skylake-E is 6+ months away, Zen is 4+ months away

But indeed I will keep the 4930K for 6 months.

 

The offset bit from danycyo is good advice. It's a little trickier to set up than constant voltage, but at high clocks (& high voltage) Offset is your friend.

 

At the very least, make sure you're using EIST so it at least downclocks when it's not loaded up.  I wouldn't run 1.45v constant voltage for 6 months if you don't absolutely have to.

post #1389 of 1417
24/7 settings for my 4930K is 4.4GHz offset (1.28v on full load) with all the C states enabled and EIST. I've pushed it to 4.6GHz at 1.36v but haven't gone further than that. I think I can hit 4.8GHz but my ****ty Corsair H100i can't keep the CPU under 70C for 4.6GHz with Prime95.

From what I've seen, I believe this 4930K is above average. I may pick up a better cooler to try and push for 24/7 settings with 4.6GHz.
No name
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7820X @ 4.6GHz/1.17v Asus ROG Strix X299  MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733MHz CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB  Samsung 850 EVO 1TB  Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
34" Asus Swift PG348Q G-Sync 3440x1440 @ 100Hz Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair RM1000x Corsair Carbide Series 600C 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum  Creative Sound Blaster Z Bose Companion 20 
  hide details  
Reply
No name
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7820X @ 4.6GHz/1.17v Asus ROG Strix X299  MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733MHz CL16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB  Samsung 850 EVO 1TB  Corsair H100i V2 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
34" Asus Swift PG348Q G-Sync 3440x1440 @ 100Hz Corsair Vengeance K70 Corsair RM1000x Corsair Carbide Series 600C 
MouseAudioAudio
Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum  Creative Sound Blaster Z Bose Companion 20 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1390 of 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYU87 View Post

24/7 settings for my 4930K is 4.4GHz offset (1.28v on full load) with all the C states enabled and EIST. I've pushed it to 4.6GHz at 1.36v but haven't gone further than that. I think I can hit 4.8GHz but my ****ty Corsair H100i can't keep the CPU under 70C for 4.6GHz with Prime95.

From what I've seen, I believe this 4930K is above average. I may pick up a better cooler to try and push for 24/7 settings with 4.6GHz.



Yes, a 4930k that can do 4.6ghz @ 1.36v is a rarity (if not quite a "golden chip").  In my observations over the past few years with a 4930k, maybe 10% seem to reach 4.6 < 1.4v, with the top ~5% able to do 4.7 @ 1.4.  I've only ever heard of a handful of cases that got higher than 4.7 @ 1.4 and honestly those might have been tall tales. ;)lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Overclocking i7-4930k Help