Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Overclocking i7-4930k Help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclocking i7-4930k Help - Page 45

post #441 of 1417
Hey Servos. Thanks or your reply.

What sort of voltages would I need to get something like a 4.2-4.3 clock?

3.6 to 4.3 is still a significant difference. I'd rather step it back a bit from what "is usually safe" just to ensure my CPU has a long life.
post #442 of 1417
Question regarding ram timings. I'm running socket 1150, are you guys saying that any overclocking at all results in instability on rated ram values and need to be lowered? Is there a voltage option to increase the IMC in Haswell or Ive-E. Last time I looked in my bios on z87 I did not find anything that would suggest that.
Test Bench
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G Nvidia GTX 1060 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigital BPX CoolerMaster Master Liquid 240 windows 10 x64 pro Viewsonic xg2703-gs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logiech G413 Corsair rm650x Test Bench Logitech G403 
Audio
Logitech G533 
  hide details  
Reply
Test Bench
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G Nvidia GTX 1060 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigital BPX CoolerMaster Master Liquid 240 windows 10 x64 pro Viewsonic xg2703-gs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logiech G413 Corsair rm650x Test Bench Logitech G403 
Audio
Logitech G533 
  hide details  
Reply
post #443 of 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedson3614 View Post

Question regarding ram timings. I'm running socket 1150, are you guys saying that any overclocking at all results in instability on rated ram values and need to be lowered? Is there a voltage option to increase the IMC in Haswell or Ive-E. Last time I looked in my bios on z87 I did not find anything that would suggest that.

Kind of a rule of thumb. First overclock your cpu to where you'd like it to be while keeping your ram at 1333 or 1600. After you are sure that the cpu is stable, raise the ram one by one and check for instability again.
Fused III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6850k Asus Rampage V Edition 10 MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 1TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K65 EVGA 1000 G3 Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
Fused III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6850k Asus Rampage V Edition 10 MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 1TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K65 EVGA 1000 G3 Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
post #444 of 1417


Vcore 1.160v
DRam 1.5v 110%
PLL: Disabled
LLC: Medium
Cpu: 110%
Cpu/Gpu Spread: Disabled
VCCSA LLC: Regular 1.10v 110%
VTT: 1.1
Bios version: 0024.

Maybe this can help you.

http://valid.canardpc.com/v1cs3v

Edited by JulioCesarSF - 1/8/14 at 12:56pm
post #445 of 1417
Can you elaborate on this , I was messaging SIN

Im confused about your guide. The term overclocking memory confuses me. What I mean is this. if your overclocking, Say i bought 1866 mhz ram, many people including you have suggested drop your speeds to say 1600 mhz. In your guide you refer to overclocking memory and agent voltage and analog and digital IO being helpful during this. Say I overclock the CPU and its stable at 4.2 but I lowered my ram speeds to get there. My ram I bought is rated at 1866 , but then because 4.2 is unstable with 1866 and i'm trying to raise that, is this considered overclocking, i'm only trying rated values. Would I then try to raise agent voltage just to be stable at rated values fro ram.
Test Bench
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G Nvidia GTX 1060 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigital BPX CoolerMaster Master Liquid 240 windows 10 x64 pro Viewsonic xg2703-gs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logiech G413 Corsair rm650x Test Bench Logitech G403 
Audio
Logitech G533 
  hide details  
Reply
Test Bench
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k ASUS ROG STRIX Z270G Nvidia GTX 1060 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
MyDigital BPX CoolerMaster Master Liquid 240 windows 10 x64 pro Viewsonic xg2703-gs 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logiech G413 Corsair rm650x Test Bench Logitech G403 
Audio
Logitech G533 
  hide details  
Reply
post #446 of 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedson3614 View Post

Can you elaborate on this , I was messaging SIN

Im confused about your guide. The term overclocking memory confuses me. What I mean is this. if your overclocking, Say i bought 1866 mhz ram, many people including you have suggested drop your speeds to say 1600 mhz. In your guide you refer to overclocking memory and agent voltage and analog and digital IO being helpful during this. Say I overclock the CPU and its stable at 4.2 but I lowered my ram speeds to get there. My ram I bought is rated at 1866 , but then because 4.2 is unstable with 1866 and i'm trying to raise that, is this considered overclocking, i'm only trying rated values. Would I then try to raise agent voltage just to be stable at rated values fro ram.

Any ram running faster than 1333 is, by definition, overclocked. RAM "rated" speed is just the tested and certified overclock that the manufacturer says that module is capable of. All RAM defaults to 1333 when you put it in, you have to set the speed & timings to get it to run at any other speed. The speed you are actually able to achieve is dependent on a lot of factors, including your chip's individual memory controller quality, your power supply, your bios, and your cpu clock.

So, yes, it is still overclocking, even if you have to dial back your ram "speed" temporarily to diagnose a larger issue. In a perfect world, you should be able to then diagnose what needs to be adjusted to reach the speed your ram is rated for -- although there are still no guarantees (see paragraph 1)
post #447 of 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulioCesarSF View Post



Vcore 1.160v
DRam 1.5v 110%
PLL: Disabled
LLC: Medium
Cpu: 110%
Cpu/Gpu Spread: Disabled
VCCSA LLC: Regular 1.10v 110%
VTT: 1.1
Bios version: 0024.

Maybe this can help you.

http://valid.canardpc.com/v1cs3v

Awesome. So, if I follow those settings I should get similar results? Is 63 Degrees cool enough to not rapidly degrade the processor?
post #448 of 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaC66 View Post

Awesome. So, if I follow those settings I should get similar results?

No, every chip is unique. His settings may or may not work for your chip. Likewise, the settings that ultimately DO work for your chip may or may not work for his. You can *try* those settings, but don't be surprised if they don't work for you.

There are no shortcuts in overclocking, it's a methodical process.
post #449 of 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnyc75 View Post

No, every chip is unique. His settings may or may not work for your chip. Likewise, the settings that ultimately DO work for your chip may or may not work for his. You can *try* those settings, but don't be surprised if they don't work for you.

There are no shortcuts in overclocking, it's a methodical process.
I want to go over, but ambient temp here is 30-35C and i'm using a h100i. tongue.gif
I think i have a good one.
post #450 of 1417
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaC66 View Post

Awesome. So, if I follow those settings I should get similar results? Is 63 Degrees cool enough to not rapidly degrade the processor?

NO, but you can try and see, maybe you need more vcore.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Overclocking i7-4930k Help