Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [build] EKGA STH-10 : A 900D Rebuild
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[build] EKGA STH-10 : A 900D Rebuild - Page 34

post #331 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

the PWM is a lie, only the cpu_header is pwm, the rest are voltage regulated. similar, but not the same.

Iv'e ran PWM pumps off of multiple motherboards, could only ever get functionality out of the cpu_header, even when the manual says they are all pwm, if you look closer @ the diagrams they are NOT pwm.

Hi i'm waiting for a 900D to build a new pc in the next months , and i was planning to buy a PWM water pump and PWM fans , but after reading this i dont know if its just a waist of money.

I thought it was possible to connect the PWM pump in the CPU_FAN and the PWM fans in the CPU_OPT ,and control both independently via Asus AI suite III , is it possible or not ?

This is the pump i´m planning to buy.

Swiftech MCP655-PWM-DRIVE 12v Water Pump Module - PWM


Edited by ngzb - 1/14/14 at 11:56am
post #332 of 611
The CPU_OPT is a mirror of the CPU_FAN header so you won't be able to control the outputs from both of them separately. You would either need a controller with at least 1 PWM header if you want to control the pumps and fans separately, sorry! If you are ok with non-PWM fans, then the motherboard chassis fan headers should be ok to control the fans.
post #333 of 611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngzb View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hi i'm waiting for a 900D to build a new pc in the next months , and i was planning to buy a PWM water pump and PWM fans , but after reading this i dont know if its just a waist of money.

I thought it was possible to connect the PWM pump in the CPU_FAN and the PWM fans in the CPU_OPT ,and control both independently via Asus AI suite III , is it possible or not ?

This is the pump i´m planning to buy.

Swiftech MCP655-PWM-DRIVE 12v Water Pump Module - PWM


uhhh.... My Aisuit 3 looks nothing like that. I can't even get the new aisuit to work. Though, I don't really need it because I OC via the BIOS & control all of my fans & PWM pumps from the Aquaero 6. From what I understand the CPU_OPT is a mirror of the CPU_HEADER. So, you would need to hook the fans up to a different header for separate control. As you saw in the Tek video (damn logan came across awkward as hell) you have an option of what type of power control you want. So while the other headers are not true PWM you can control PWM fans from them, you just won't have true PWM functionality, which doesn't really mean much for fans.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #334 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

The CPU_OPT is a mirror of the CPU_FAN header so you won't be able to control the outputs from both of them separately. You would either need a controller with at least 1 PWM header if you want to control the pumps and fans separately, sorry! If you are ok with non-PWM fans, then the motherboard chassis fan headers should be ok to control the fans.


So if use the CPU_FAN header with the PWM pump and normal fans with MB chassis header i´ll be able to control them separately ?
post #335 of 611
By normal, if you are referring to voltage controlled fans, then yes. Be aware that the chassis headers use a funky pseudo-PWM style control but it is essentially just voltage regulation.

Sorry for stealing your thunder, Skuppy tongue.gif
post #336 of 611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngzb View Post

So if use the CPU_FAN header with the PWM pump and normal fans with MB chassis header i´ll be able to control them separately ?

correct.


BTW...

Welcome to OCN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

By normal, if you are referring to voltage controlled fans, then yes. Be aware that the chassis headers use a funky pseudo-PWM style control but it is essentially just voltage regulation.

Sorry for stealing your thunder, Skuppy tongue.gif

only heat & lightning down here!
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #337 of 611
Tell me about it- the weekend we had a thunderstorm, yesterday was in the 40s and today it feels like we are back in the 80s and scorching.
post #338 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

uhhh.... My Aisuit 3 looks nothing like that. I can't even get the new aisuit to work. Though, I don't really need it because I OC via the BIOS & control all of my fans & PWM pumps from the Aquaero 6. From what I understand the CPU_OPT is a mirror of the CPU_HEADER. So, you would need to hook the fans up to a different header for separate control. As you saw in the Tek video (damn logan came across awkward as hell) you have an option of what type of power control you want. So while the other headers are not true PWM you can control PWM fans from them, you just won't have true PWM functionality, which doesn't really mean much for fans.

So there's no advantage in buying PWM fans ? in the end they all end up working the same way ?

I wiil also use bios for OC and AI suite for temp control, but with AI Suite III i can have either normal or PWM funs , i am correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

By normal, if you are referring to voltage controlled fans, then yes. Be aware that the chassis headers use a funky pseudo-PWM style control but it is essentially just voltage regulation.

Sorry for stealing your thunder, Skuppy tongue.gif

Thank you all biggrin.gifthumb.gif
post #339 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

correct.


BTW...

Welcome to OCN!


Thanks biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
post #340 of 611
printer.png
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [build] EKGA STH-10 : A 900D Rebuild