Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [build] EKGA STH-10 : A 900D Rebuild
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[build] EKGA STH-10 : A 900D Rebuild - Page 47

post #461 of 611
Ya that location part is a good point. Anyway glad it worked out well in the end.
post #462 of 611
Thread Starter 
Thanks... In live 1.5 miles from the south Florida UPS hub so I think HIS location is the main price jacker.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #463 of 611
So why were you considering the TX10 if this deal fell through? Local bargain or all out new from Caselabs?
post #464 of 611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by geggeg View Post

So why were you considering the TX10 if this deal fell through? Local bargain or all out new from Caselabs?
Figured why the help not. STH10 might be too small. =P

Jk jk.. I'm not even sticking 560s in it yet. Just 3x 480s and a 360
Edited by skupples - 3/20/14 at 8:03am
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #465 of 611
Yes... Just... tongue.gif
post #466 of 611
Thread Starter 
Sigh... @IT Diva I'm becoming quite conflicted over this triple DDC action. Now have two people saying it fries pumps. Derick proclaims EK told him to tell us triple DDC = dead pumps, B-Neg said the same thing. Yet neither of them can actually give any evidence towards these opinions.

Might do a dual loop, wonder how much of a PITA it would be to run dual loop from one reservoir.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #467 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

Sigh... @IT Diva I'm becoming quite conflicted over this triple DDC action. Now have two people saying it fries pumps. Derick proclaims EK told him to tell us triple DDC = dead pumps, B-Neg said the same thing. Yet neither of them can actually give any evidence towards these opinions.

Might do a dual loop, wonder how much of a PITA it would be to run dual loop from one reservoir.


Everyone reacts to what others say differently . . . .

Most of us have different levels of education, experience, and expertise to evaluate what we hear from others, and how we evaluate data.

I'm one of the "Show me your evidence, and if I find it sufficiently compelling, I'll accept your finding" types.


I haven't seen anyone post any testable evidence or mechanism by which 3 pumps instead of 2 results in failure of 1 of them.

What I've seen is anecdotal at best, and with little additional information, so that we have nothing else to look at to weigh.

Additionally, it seems they were referring to fixed speed DDC versions, not including the PWM 35X, which from the get-go, is designed to be a variable speed device.

I'm not sure if it's been posted as to whether the failures were on voltage controlled pumps, or just fixed 12V setups.


When there is considerable anecdotal suggestion, it may well suggest that it's time for some true investigation, but absent any results of that kind of investigation, absent any details of the systems they were in or speeds they were running at, and absent any methodological mechanism hypothesized for why one of the pumps fails with triples but not doubles, . . . . .

I have to discount those accounts considerably, as they do not posit enough relevant admonition to persuade me to not run the triple 35X setup I currently have on the tech bench.

If at some point, I experience a failure, I'll surely investigate . . . but so far, it's had plenty of run time, and the housings always stay nicely cool.


If I had enough information, I might hypothesize, that pushing 2 pumps into a third essentially allows that third pump to see such a low restriction, that it results in the anecdotally described "DDC low restriction loop failure".

But with the absence of valid information available, that would barely even rank as conjecture, much less hypothesis.


Darlene
Edited by IT Diva - 3/23/14 at 10:06am
post #468 of 611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Everyone reacts to what others say differently . . . .

Most of us have different levels of education, experience, and expertise to evaluate whet we hear from others

I'm one of the "Show me your evidence, and if I find it sufficiently compelling, I'll accept your finding" types.


I haven't seen anyone post any testable evidence or mechanism by which 3 pumps instead of 2 results in failure of 1 of them.

What I've seen is anecdotal at best, and with little additional information, so that we have nothing else to look at to weigh.

Additionally, it seems they were referring to fixed speed DDC versions, not including the PWM 35X, which from the get-go, is designed to be a variable speed device.

I'm not sure if it's been posted as to whether the failures were on voltage controlled pumps, or just fixed 12V setups.


When there is considerable anecdotal suggestion, it may well suggest that it's time for some true investigation, but absent any results of that kind of investigation, absent any details of the systems they were in or speeds they were running at, and absent any methodological mechanism hypothesized for why one of the pumps fails with triples but not doubles, . . . . .

I have to discount those accounts, as do not posit enough relevance to persuade me to not run the triple 35X setup I currently have on the tech bench.

If at some point, I experience a failure, I'll surely investigate . . . but so far, it's had plenty of run time, and the housings always stay nicely cool.


If I had enough information, I might hypothesize, that pushing 2 pumps into a third essentially allows that third pump to see such a low restriction, that it results in the anecdotally described "DDC low restriction loop failure".

But with the absence of valid information available, that would barely even rank as conjecture, much less hypothesis.

Darlene

Yeah... Every time some one brings it up I ask for evidence, none is ever provided. The only thing they ever state is cavitation eating away @ the impellers, & heat.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #469 of 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Everyone reacts to what others say differently . . . .

Most of us have different levels of education, experience, and expertise to evaluate whet we hear from others

I'm one of the "Show me your evidence, and if I find it sufficiently compelling, I'll accept your finding" types.


I haven't seen anyone post any testable evidence or mechanism by which 3 pumps instead of 2 results in failure of 1 of them.

What I've seen is anecdotal at best, and with little additional information, so that we have nothing else to look at to weigh.

Additionally, it seems they were referring to fixed speed DDC versions, not including the PWM 35X, which from the get-go, is designed to be a variable speed device.

I'm not sure if it's been posted as to whether the failures were on voltage controlled pumps, or just fixed 12V setups.


When there is considerable anecdotal suggestion, it may well suggest that it's time for some true investigation, but absent any results of that kind of investigation, absent any details of the systems they were in or speeds they were running at, and absent any methodological mechanism hypothesized for why one of the pumps fails with triples but not doubles, . . . . .

I have to discount those accounts, as do not posit enough relevance to persuade me to not run the triple 35X setup I currently have on the tech bench.

If at some point, I experience a failure, I'll surely investigate . . . but so far, it's had plenty of run time, and the housings always stay nicely cool.


If I had enough information, I might hypothesize, that pushing 2 pumps into a third essentially allows that third pump to see such a low restriction, that it results in the anecdotally described "DDC low restriction loop failure".

But with the absence of valid information available, that would barely even rank as conjecture, much less hypothesis.

Darlene

Yeah... Every time some one brings it up I ask for evidence, none is ever provided. The only thing they ever state is cavitation eating away @ the impellers, & heat.



Those 2 failure modes are worlds apart from a failure analysis perspective.

Heat would be easy to determine by monitoring the housing temp, or finding dead electronic components, while cavitation would be easy to see by visual examination of the impeller.


If this was such a common phenomenon, then I'd expect to see some pics of those compromised impellers.

D.
post #470 of 611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT Diva View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those 2 failure modes are worlds apart from a failure analysis perspective.

Heat would be easy to determine by monitoring the housing temp, or finding dead electronic components, while cavitation would be easy to see by visual examination of the impeller.


If this was such a common phenomenon, then I'd expect to see some pics of those compromised impellers.
D.

Exactly... I was also under the impression that cavitation can be squashed with enough pressure, which DDCs are amazing @ producing!
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [build] EKGA STH-10 : A 900D Rebuild