Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Need help with a basic build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need help with a basic build - Page 2

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post


Oh, whats wrong with it. I thought it was ok-ish.

 

But he already has the TX750.

 

(that's not shilka's point, but I'm just saying that he might be keeping his PSU. He could also be keeping his hard drive, optical drive and his case - we don't know yet)

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Oh, whats wrong with it. I thought it was ok-ish.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2008/11/12/ocz_700w_modxstream_pro_power_supply/#.UjjpMz_-trk
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Build Quality

Externally the OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro is a fairly subdued semi-modular design that looks good. The unit has a nice finish, well sleeved cables, good quality modular cables, and a large overhead fan. However, once we open the unit we find that OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro looks very much like a cheap group regulated unit. This is further compounded by the fact that the unit has some questionable component selections in the mystery "Rec" capacitors. Good capacitors only add slightly to the total cost of a unit so why even something along the lines of Samxon or at the very least Teapo was excluded from this build is bewildering. Further, the unit only features a 3 year warranty and with questionable capacitors this is hardly reassuring. Also related here is the unit’s "documentation." The documentation that came with the unit is simply a waste of time. This fact is punctuated by the power distribution table at the back of the manual was never actually finished by whomever was annotating it. The only upside to all of this is most of the information about the unit is printed on the packaging, but still sans a correct power distribution table as these are genuinely useful. They are especially useful when units do not follow the ATX12v specification or EPS specification for 12v power distribution such as this unit.

I have seen more then a dozen dead ModXStream´s since i joined OCN and even one catch fire

So no its worth buying its not very good
Seravee
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD30EZRX  WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  LG CH12NS30 5x Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
Seravee
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 6850K Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Kingston HyperX DDR4 Savage 3000 MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo WD Green WD30EZRX  WD Green WD40EZRX  WD Green WD60EZRX  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red WD80EFZX 8TB  LG CH12NS30 5x Noctua NF-A14 FLX Noctua NH-D15 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 Bit Asus PG279Q Corsair Gaming Strafe RGB EVGA SuperNova G2 750 watt 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Roccat Kone XTD Laser Roccat Sense Metor Sennheiser HD 598 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Onkyo TX NR646  Harman Kardon HKTS 60 CableMod E series PSU cable set CableMod LED Strips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2008/11/12/ocz_700w_modxstream_pro_power_supply/#.UjjpMz_-trk
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Build Quality

Externally the OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro is a fairly subdued semi-modular design that looks good. The unit has a nice finish, well sleeved cables, good quality modular cables, and a large overhead fan. However, once we open the unit we find that OCZ 700W ModXStream Pro looks very much like a cheap group regulated unit. This is further compounded by the fact that the unit has some questionable component selections in the mystery "Rec" capacitors. Good capacitors only add slightly to the total cost of a unit so why even something along the lines of Samxon or at the very least Teapo was excluded from this build is bewildering. Further, the unit only features a 3 year warranty and with questionable capacitors this is hardly reassuring. Also related here is the unit’s "documentation." The documentation that came with the unit is simply a waste of time. This fact is punctuated by the power distribution table at the back of the manual was never actually finished by whomever was annotating it. The only upside to all of this is most of the information about the unit is printed on the packaging, but still sans a correct power distribution table as these are genuinely useful. They are especially useful when units do not follow the ATX12v specification or EPS specification for 12v power distribution such as this unit.

I have seen more then a dozen dead ModXStream´s since i joined OCN and even one catch fire

So no its worth buying its not very good

Thanks man!
Black Jarvis V1
(22 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1
(22 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Sorry for the delayed response...some things have occupied my time lately.

I'm not planning on reusing anything aside from peripherals. The entire tower needs to be new. Thank you
First Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 4.16 Ghz @ 1.34v XFX 780i EVGA 9800GTX+ 4GB (2x2GB) Crucial Ballistix Tracer (PC-6400) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar 640GB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe 64-bit Vista Home Premium Acer 22" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Merc Stealth Corsair 750w TX Series Cooler Master 690 Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
First Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 4.16 Ghz @ 1.34v XFX 780i EVGA 9800GTX+ 4GB (2x2GB) Crucial Ballistix Tracer (PC-6400) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar 640GB LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe 64-bit Vista Home Premium Acer 22" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Merc Stealth Corsair 750w TX Series Cooler Master 690 Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemlich22 View Post

Sorry for the delayed response...some things have occupied my time lately.

I'm not planning on reusing anything aside from peripherals. The entire tower needs to be new. Thank you

 

Does he have any preferences for anything, or is he hoping to be surprised?

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Need help with a basic build