Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › [BSN] State of 4K
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BSN] State of 4K - Page 43  

post #421 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by provost View Post

Yep, no interest in reading anything from PCPEr either.. don't know what they said, and don't really care. What I read in the initial article and that video was enough to give me a really good idea about them. Just my personal feeling towards them.

Well, at least you are upfront about your prejudice.
post #422 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offler View Post

According to Thracks 13.9 WHQL is based on 13,8 Beta. It does not contain frame pacing, but if it contain Frame latency improvements im fine with it.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1427775/ccc-13-9-whql-released

Back to topic - I consider myself to be enthusiast, but not extreme user. For that matter I have single display and single Hd7970. Its quite simple configuration compared to multi 4K displays configs...

How many people will build such config?

You know, I tested some bugs, found out that it may affect some people on specific configuration, or only specific actions have to be taken. So lets say there is less than 5 percent chance to see the bug. I dont believe that any major company will invest its money to fix the bug which is affecting only me, and 3 other users in the world.
Stutter is actually better than Nvidia if you're on a single card in case you totally lost yourself in the whole load of posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offler View Post

According to raw numbers I measured and later tested GTX Titan on stock is almost equal to HD7970 on 1100mhz.

So making such test with HD7970 would make the results more reliable as that useless graph.

I agree only with one fact - 6gb Vram is surely better for high res setups than 3gb Vram.
Only if it goes over 3GB. Which is unlikely ... unless you're having more than a DualFire/Dual-SLI setup
Ayase Eli
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel E5-2675 V3 ASUS X99-A/USB3.1 Sapphire R9 290X ref Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm Barrow 250mm Glass 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy MX EK-D5 X-TOP Rev.2 + Swiftech D5 Aquacomputer R9 290X "Bitspower EML" fittings 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Magicool 360 Ultra Magicool 240 Slim Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP Aurum PT 1200 Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G502 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro 
Audio
Audio Technica M50X 
  hide details  
Ayase Eli
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel E5-2675 V3 ASUS X99-A/USB3.1 Sapphire R9 290X ref Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz C14 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Zotac SSD Premium 480GB OCZ Vector 180 480GB Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 7200rpm Barrow 250mm Glass 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy MX EK-D5 X-TOP Rev.2 + Swiftech D5 Aquacomputer R9 290X "Bitspower EML" fittings 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
Magicool 360 Ultra Magicool 240 Slim Dell U2713HM CM Storm MECH 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP Aurum PT 1200 Phanteks Enthoo Pro Logitech G502 Tesoro Aegis X3 Virtus.Pro 
Audio
Audio Technica M50X 
  hide details  
post #423 of 493
Always have been throughout this thread, but still does not mean that I would make any rash judgements and agree with BSN. I have been fairly consistent about it throughout my posts, I believe.
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
post #424 of 493
If Ryan Shrout is writing it I pretty much already know what its going to say (at least in any content involving AMD) so why bother? Same reason I don't read Car and Driver...
post #425 of 493
Pretty much. No need to waste time when there are other reviewers.
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
Simplicity
(11 items)
 
Apotheosis
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k Asus Z87 Pro TBD Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 RAM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Dell U2713HM Alienware TactX gaming Seasonic 850W Gold  
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF XB Alienware TactX premium mouse 
  hide details  
post #426 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

If Ryan Shrout is writing it I pretty much already know what its going to say (at least in any content involving AMD) so why bother? Same reason I don't read Car and Driver...

Which is funny because the reviews and podcasts don't actually say what you're saying that they say....

As for the whole BSN and TR scenario:

1) PCPer article isn't about vertical tearing at all.
2) There are other never before seen problems with eyefinity which are detailed in the article and podcast
3) It's mostly about frame rating with eyefinity resolutions because frame rating is a more accurate way of measuring the experience a user gets than fps is.

The people who accuse Ryan of bias have shown again and again that they do not understand the issues from a technical standpoint. Which is why we get people who do not read the articles accusing them of bias (what sort of backwards logic is this seriously?), people making accusations based on single hdmi 4K which has nothing to do with the issue, etc. Honestly if you wish to have an opinion on something that doesn't immediately get called out as being uninformed then you should probably inform yourself of the issues.
Edited by Alatar - 9/21/13 at 1:23pm
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
post #427 of 493
The main issue is that there are loads of topics that have been raised on this thread and it not everyone is on the same page so to speak.
Mastodon
(11 items)
 
HP Z220
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 M5A99FX Pro 2.0 Asus R9 290X DirectCU II Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Pny SSD 240GB CM Nepton 280L Win 8.1 Acer Predator XG270HU Freesync 
PowerCaseMouse
XFX 750W Pro HAF XM Logitech G300 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
i7 3770 HP Quadro K2000 HP 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Win 7  HP 400W HP CMT RAT 7 
  hide details  
Mastodon
(11 items)
 
HP Z220
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 M5A99FX Pro 2.0 Asus R9 290X DirectCU II Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Pny SSD 240GB CM Nepton 280L Win 8.1 Acer Predator XG270HU Freesync 
PowerCaseMouse
XFX 750W Pro HAF XM Logitech G300 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
i7 3770 HP Quadro K2000 HP 
OSPowerCaseMouse
Win 7  HP 400W HP CMT RAT 7 
  hide details  
post #428 of 493
As I said, my problem with pcper far predates this thread and I wasnt talking about that article anyway. I can decide which articles to read for myself thanks...
post #429 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post

Which is funny because the reviews and podcasts don't actually say what you're saying that they say....

As for the whole BSN and TR scenario:

1) PCPer article isn't about vertical tearing at all.
2) There are other never before seen problems with eyefinity which are detailed in the article and podcast
3) It's mostly about frame rating with eyefinity resolutions because frame rating is a more accurate way of measuring the experience a user gets than fps is.

The people who accuse Ryan of bias have shown again and again that they do not understand the issues from a technical standpoint. Which is why we get people who do not read the articles accusing them of bias (what sort of backwards logic is this seriously?), people making accusations based on single hdmi 4K which has nothing to do with the issue, etc. Honestly if you wish to have an opinion on something that doesn't immediately get called out as being uninformed then you should probably inform yourself of the issues.

The only point here I would like to make is he apparently doesn't have the understanding either. All he does is point out the broken parts, like walking up to a person on the side of the road changing a tire and telling them their tire is flat. He gives no solutions only conjecture, no better than anyone else here yet you would condemn them and not Ryan. Its cool that he can spend the time to show what is happening in a frame by frame basis, but like I told that other author " Did you try everything to see if it helped/alleviated or hindered the problem?" Besides the real issue here is no one just plugs and plays an eyefinity or surround setup, and if they had issues and came here you know full well most here wouldn't feel sorry for them one bit. Those setups are for advanced users not the inexperienced, even if the setups were easy to implement the inexperienced would likely have issues. There are definitely problems with the setup in his configuration for testing that need to be remedied for sure. But remember the first frame-pacing issue article, the author (could be Ryan cant remember, only remember hot chicks names) finally caved and tested the same setup with Radeonpro and admitted it did alleviate the issue, on page 11, last page. I like the attention to detail but I find the lack of remedy a bit disappointing. And yes I know it isn't their responsibility but they all say the same thing " I don't work for the companies, I work for the consumers. My responsibility lies with them. Yet seems at Pcper most of their articles show issues but no resolution. How about those consumers?
post #430 of 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durquavian View Post

The only point here I would like to make is he apparently doesn't have the understanding either. All he does is point out the broken parts, like walking up to a person on the side of the road changing a tire and telling them their tire is flat. He gives no solutions only conjecture, no better than anyone else here yet you would condemn them and not Ryan. Its cool that he can spend the time to show what is happening in a frame by frame basis, but like I told that other author " Did you try everything to see if it helped/alleviated or hindered the problem?" Besides the real issue here is no one just plugs and plays an eyefinity or surround setup, and if they had issues and came here you know full well most here wouldn't feel sorry for them one bit. Those setups are for advanced users not the inexperienced, even if the setups were easy to implement the inexperienced would likely have issues. There are definitely problems with the setup in his configuration for testing that need to be remedied for sure. But remember the first frame-pacing issue article, the author (could be Ryan cant remember, only remember hot chicks names) finally caved and tested the same setup with Radeonpro and admitted it did alleviate the issue, on page 11, last page. I like the attention to detail but I find the lack of remedy a bit disappointing. And yes I know it isn't their responsibility but they all say the same thing " I don't work for the companies, I work for the consumers. My responsibility lies with them. Yet seems at Pcper most of their articles show issues but no resolution. How about those consumers?

Because the solutions are up to the people DESIGNING THE DAMN HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE. How would someone who has no true knowledge of the inner workings of the designs of these chips be able to give a solution when the engineers who have designed these things have had such problems? This is just ridiculous to expect a hardware reviewer who while he does have a good idea of how this stuff works to be able to come up with solutions while the company who hasn't been able to fix this issue on their own product yet can't.
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › [BSN] State of 4K