Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › URGENT Help with SLI fittings
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

URGENT Help with SLI fittings - Page 3

post #21 of 28
Thread Starter 
thanks alot man .. luv ya thumb.gif
post #22 of 28
Also, previously it was mentioned that you would need two of those SLI fittings if you wanted to have 2 cards in parallel, as opposed to having them in series.

Basically, most people just have their cards in series, but some prefer to have them in a parallel connection. There is endless debate as to the pros / cons of either configuration.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Basically put, in series 100% of your flow passes through each GPU block, and in parallel ~50% of the flow passes through each GPU block. A parallel connection offers less restriction (higher flow rate). Many argue one or the other works better but I believe the difference is usually found to be pretty minimal either way unless perhaps if you already had issues with a low flow rate.
Edited by Unicr0nhunter - 9/30/13 at 7:38pm
post #23 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicr0nhunter View Post

Also, previously it was mentioned that you would need two of those SLI fittings if you wanted to have 2 cards in parallel, as opposed to having them in series.

Basically, most people just have their cards in series, but some prefer to have them in a parallel connection. There is endless debate as to the pros / cons of either configuration.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

Basically put, in series 100% of your flow passes through each GPU block, and in parallel ~50% of the flow passes through each GPU block. A parallel connection offers less restriction (higher flow rate). Many argue one or the other works better but I believe the difference is usually found to be pretty minimal either way unless perhaps if you already had issues with a low flow rate.


hey man thanks for helping .. but i cant do anything more coz i already bought xspc 3 slot connector and the shipment is on the way and i cant order again coz i livein Dubai and ordering again will be a trouble . so let me know with 2 things please ..

a) xspc 3 slot connector will do the job with sli 780s in maximus vi forumla or is it that i have purchased a wrong connector?

b) since i will be having only one connector then i will be having 2 gpus in series .. so is that fine ?
post #24 of 28
a) Yeah, if this is your board, then the 3 Slot bridge is what you'd need.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

I can see that it could be a little confusing, especially since that board doesn't have what would be a slot 3 on most boards, since Asus knows that everyone is going to put a graphics card in slot 2, and that will cover up what would have been slot 3 anyway.

b) Yes, routing GPUs in series is perfectly fine.
post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 
thanks alot man .. u really gave me a big relief , now i know i have missed nothing and i know what all things to be done thumb.gif although i forgot to buy a kill-coil but i guess i have to run my loop without it ..thanks again man . luv ya thumb.gif
post #26 of 28
You might be able to get a piece of .999 pure silver sheet from a local jeweler in Dubai. It'd be bigger than a kill coil and possibly cheaper than having it shipped from overseas.

Alternatively, you might be able to find a liquid form of copper sulfate at a pet store / aquarium supply, in which case it's basically the same thing as Nuke-PT & just a drop or two will do pretty much the same thing a silver kill coil would.
post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by younus1932 View Post

thanks alot man .. u really gave me a big relief , now i know i have missed nothing and i know what all things to be done thumb.gif although i forgot to buy a kill-coil but i guess i have to run my loop without it ..thanks again man . luv ya thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicr0nhunter View Post

You might be able to get a piece of .999 pure silver sheet from a local jeweler in Dubai. It'd be bigger than a kill coil and possibly cheaper than having it shipped from overseas.

Alternatively, you might be able to find a liquid form of copper sulfate at a pet store / aquarium supply, in which case it's basically the same thing as Nuke-PT & just a drop or two will do pretty much the same thing a silver kill coil would.

@younus Good alternatives by Unicr0n, but make sure you use ONLY one or the other. Don't mix both together. The silver and copper sulfate. Either or.
post #28 of 28
Thread Starter 
guys thanks for all the helps but @Unicr0nhunter and @DaaQ i bought the silver kill coil from frozencpu and gave extra for the shipping.. im just scared to mess around so just went ahead and bought it again .. anyways thanks alot guys .. will definitely post my new rig when its done thumb.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › URGENT Help with SLI fittings