Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › Asus Commando specs, news, and expected price in USD!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Commando specs, news, and expected price in USD! - Page 3

post #21 of 32
Quote:
Oh okay, so spend more money for a R.O.G. sticker? bull crap. I slap a Super Overclocker Club sticker on my P5B and sell it for $500 on ebay.
are you gonna do the volt mods required to get a p5b up to these specs

Quote:
i just bought my P5B deluxe, so screw you Asus. i'm sticking with tried and true.
ok so you just got a really good board for a fair price why the screw you asus and why does it matter you allready have one that seems like your happy with

Quote:
this piece is going to retail for at least 300, probably 350 with the price gouging going on lately so F*CK it!

no motherboard is worth 300 let alone 400+ that asus charges for some boards

i MIGHT pay 400 for a motherboard when it lets me use 2 core 2 duos and has 4 16x pci-e slots and supported quad sli and quad crossfire

i wish i could boycott asus for this bull**** but i just pulled the trigger on a new P5N-E lol... although i would consider it reasonably priced
*** man you say you wish you could boycott them then why the heck buy one of there mobos when there are others with the same capabilities by other brands



this has got to be one of the worst threads ive read here in recent times, a very good mobo company is coming out with a enthusiest mobo that may run 240$ and everyone starts bad mouthing it and they havnt even used it yet and they are saying it sucks with no backup what so ever, atleast that they are willing to throw out there,

personally i think it looks like a very good mobo and it seems they even improved on the cooling for the nb and sb, i think with the voltage options and this chipset it will be a outstanding mobo (allthough i havnt used one so i cant say for sure)

anyways sorry bout the rant and such it jsut seems that all of a sudden this thread became the ameature overclock night or something
xeon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 x58 ud5 9800gtx+ tridents 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
wd black x2 W7 64 acer 23 ocz 850hx 
Case
haf932 
  hide details  
Reply
xeon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 x58 ud5 9800gtx+ tridents 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
wd black x2 W7 64 acer 23 ocz 850hx 
Case
haf932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX22 View Post

ok so you just got a really good board for a fair price why the screw you asus and why does it matter you allready have one that seems like your happy with
because just as i buy a good board, they come out with one better. it always happen. i wait to long to buy the latest tech and a week or two later they come out with the better one. happened with my 7800gtx too. and my first motherboard had AGP, and they released PCI-e x16 not too long afterwards.
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 32
true that, happens to me (i think everyone) alot, didnt mean to come off wrong it jsut seems everyone is flaming a decent mobo maker for no reason (yet)
xeon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 x58 ud5 9800gtx+ tridents 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
wd black x2 W7 64 acer 23 ocz 850hx 
Case
haf932 
  hide details  
Reply
xeon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 x58 ud5 9800gtx+ tridents 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
wd black x2 W7 64 acer 23 ocz 850hx 
Case
haf932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAX22 View Post
true that, happens to me (i think everyone) alot, didnt mean to come off wrong it jsut seems everyone is flaming a decent mobo maker for no reason (yet)
lol, no i love asus. didn't mean to sound like i was flaming them.
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrado View Post
because just as i buy a good board, they come out with one better. it always happen. i wait to long to buy the latest tech and a week or two later they come out with the better one. happened with my 7800gtx too. and my first motherboard had AGP, and they released PCI-e x16 not too long afterwards.
Don't feel bad. Besides, the P5B Deluxe is a kickass board as it is. The only reason why this one has come out it's because it's more suitable for those who will squeeze every living drop of blood out of their Intel Core 2 Duo CPU and by that I mean frequencies that can be achieve with LN2 or Phase.

But as far as air, the same type of overclocking you'd be getting with the Commando and the P5B Deluxe. Again, the R.O.G. is just a gimmick just like the "sli" certified RAM. Sure, a 3.75v for memory would be nice but again, it's probably for those with LN2 and/or Phase. A 2.40v with the P5B Deluxe is more than enough for up to (and more?) 550mhz.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Du@lGeEk View Post
That board is not very good....
It won't run 8800 SLI, and it doesn't support future 1333mhz cpu's , wich is not something you want in a board this expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du@lGeEk View Post
Exactly.
And it may overclock very well, but that doesn't compensate the fact that it supports only one G80.
I hope R600 can use crossfire on 8x+8x.
From an Intel overclocker to a graphics card aficionado, SLI is worthless. BTW, you don't seem to have "that" much room to talk about the board not being good just because it won't run SLI. Also, I wouldn't call myself an Intel overclocker "if" I were to have a Pentium III running at the stock speeds, hopefully you can correlate that.
post #26 of 32
i guess so. just so long as i can get really high with an E6600 with heat as my limitation, i'm fine.
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 32
Quote:
The mainboard features two PCI Express x16 slots (electrical 16x with physical bandwidth reduced to 8x)
Does this mean that both PCIe slots are 8x? Can you run just one in 16x like the 975X?

This board looks pretty nice if it is priced aggressively. They can't expect people to pay more than $240 (the going price for the EVGA 680i)

Edit: From the ASUS website:

Quote:
2 x PCI-E x16 (@ x16 and x4 mode)
I don't think it can do 8x by 8x.

What is the release date?
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 32
I am pretty sure this board only does 16x4 in Crossfire, but this shouldn't be a big surprise to other 965 owners. Like the previous P965 chipsets, I am sure it runs 1 PCIe card in 16x. Honestly I think $240 bucks is a relatively fair price for the board with all the gimmicks. I mean, the P5W debeauted (sp?) at $260'ish, and spiked even higher when demand shot up. Of course I would love this thing to drop to $220 or even lower, but I doubt it.

However, i dont think anyone can argue FOR a $400 price tag. I understand the "If you dont agree with the price, dont buy it", but its such obvious price gouging it ridiculous. However, I doubt that the price will be nearly as high as $400 dollars because of the Striker Extreme fiasco.

Does anyone know if that audio daughter card is running in a 1x PCIe slot, or if that is just a proprietary slot? It would be nice if it was removable to offer an open PCIe slot, wouldn't you think?

Frankly, this appears to be a re-release of the P5B with some pretty features, and if it performs up to the P5B I think it will be a hot seller.

ASUS, despite its bashing in this thread, seems to be the ONLY real C2D board maker. I mean, Gigabyte has a nice board out but I really think ASUS has made a killing on the C2D market (especially in the ethusiast group).

Hopefully the rumors are true about an RD600 ASUS release....
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz Rampage II GENE PNY GTX 680 G.Skill Sniper (12GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT SATA Optical Drive Kuhler 920 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Logitech G11  Silverstone ST75 750W Antec Mini P180B 
MouseMouse PadOther
Logitech MX518 Steelpad G19 Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz Rampage II GENE PNY GTX 680 G.Skill Sniper (12GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT SATA Optical Drive Kuhler 920 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 Logitech G11  Silverstone ST75 750W Antec Mini P180B 
MouseMouse PadOther
Logitech MX518 Steelpad G19 Gaming Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 32
i read something that said the way a sound card transmits data, a PCI-e slot is not good for it. they have to rework the whole thing.
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
Immortal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6600 44G 3.240GHz Asus P5B-deluxe eVGA 8800GT (650/950) 2GB PQIturbomem 667(800mhzballistix soon) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x 400GB Seagate 7200rpm/16mb cache Some super combo drive Windows XP Home/Ubuntu NEC MultiSync LCD1970GX 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech cordless 610w PCP&C silencer TTArmor w/side fan G7 
Mouse Pad
Black IcematII 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi
What is the release date?
As far as i know, it should be out very soon in January.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9550 2.83GHz Asus P5Q Deluxe MSi N580 Twin Frozr III Lightning Extreme F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Thermalright Venomous X Window 7 x64 1080p TV monitor Corsair 1000watts 
Case
Naked 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9550 2.83GHz Asus P5Q Deluxe MSi N580 Twin Frozr III Lightning Extreme F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Thermalright Venomous X Window 7 x64 1080p TV monitor Corsair 1000watts 
Case
Naked 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › Asus Commando specs, news, and expected price in USD!