Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD MANTLE Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD MANTLE Discussion Thread - Page 116

post #1151 of 2769
double post
post #1152 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So you are saying that I'm lying about having 2 cards that I had I actually said it because it might have been the cause. Clearly since I no longer have the cards I can't really tell now.
I don't see how you can't see that I'm saying that perhaps now the CF finger is gone the common ground that was on the CF bridge is also no longer present.
Again patronizing me and telling I have never had those cards won't help anybody I didn't experience those problems so don't get hostile with me. But if you want proof I could take my Iphone and upload some pictures I made to join the R9 290(x) owners club. (I never submitted them because I returned them not long after)

He may be looking into a mirror when patronizing you & judging if you ever actually owned the products.
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
IT'S WHITE
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k Rampage iv extreme Black Edition GTX Titan  GTX Titan 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX Titan GskillZ Trident X Samsung EVO samsung 840 evo 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Asus External Blue Ray drive 4x 480x60mm Swiftech MCP35x2 Win 8.1.2 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
AOC AOC AOC EVGA G2 1300w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
STH10 RAT7 what is this?  Vali / Modi :(  
Other
Corsair HX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1153 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplifj View Post

i find it even more enraging that again the press , AMD's favorit little marketingdepartment, got the drivers first to test, so what makes the press so special that customers can go take a hike for a while.

the press allready did a good job in falsly advertising the 290X for them. So what are the customers gonna get for all the trouble AMD ????

that was always the deal.

milestone stuff, press always gets first dibs...

they need readers/clicks

i dont find it odd at all, they need to make money too.
post #1154 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcooperjr View Post

What are you refering to CF finger there is no tab / finger for crossfire bridge cable to be attached to so the CF finger common ground does not exist on r9 290 or 290X they crossfire thru the motherboards PCIe apparently you did not have a 290 or 290x in crossfire or even have one period or you would plainly see this and know this.The issue has been ever since the cards were released that this issue has been going on on all drivers upto present so older drivers or recent / newwest drivers makes no difference issue is still there about sound crackling / stuttering with Vsync or frame pacing on.

I would like to know what cards you were testing in crossfire apparently it wasnt 290 or 290x because you claim it still had the crossfire tab / finger for crossfire bridge cable AKA your comment ( Are there any common grounds on the CF finger maybe they are missing that ).
So you are saying that I'm lying about having 2 cards that I had I actually said it because it might have been the cause. Clearly since I no longer have the cards I can't really tell now.
Quote:
Are there any common grounds on the CF finger maybe they are missing that
I don't see how you can't see that I'm saying that perhaps now the CF finger is gone the common ground that was on the CF bridge is also no longer present.
Again patronizing me and telling I have never had those cards won't help anybody I didn't experience those problems so don't get hostile with me. But if you want proof I could take my Iphone and upload some pictures I made to join the R9 290(x) owners club. (I never submitted them because I returned them not long after)




how does that prove you had experience with crossfire 290's or 290x's that shows single GPU aka generic VGA(1x) and r9 200 series according to GPUZ. So how could you explain his motherboard or something has to be defective causing his sound crackling issue in crossfire when a simple google search would turn up like 8 pages and several reviews showwing the crossfire sound crackling / stuttering issue with Vsync / frame pacing. That is the only reason I jumped your case when you say someones hardware is faulty and tell them theyre experience is inferior and not the common situation when plainly it is that is why I got on your case.

I simply dont like when people automatically claim a hardware error on some one elses machine without hands on or apparently actuall experience / knowledge about the situation. The facts are all he is doing is confusing other readers and making them think other hardware is to blame making them think about RMAing theyre motherboards and such and giving improper info. When a simple search would prove his theory very wrong and ill informed when page after page will appear saying the issue is backwards from his info he gave.


The info I give is not always exact but usually is pretty sound in most cases and usually is on subjects that simple searches wont provide the answer when in this situation the answer will come with page after page of exact info of exact issue.



Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
So you are saying that I'm lying about having 2 cards that I had I actually said it because it might have been the cause. Clearly since I no longer have the cards I can't really tell now.
I don't see how you can't see that I'm saying that perhaps now the CF finger is gone the common ground that was on the CF bridge is also no longer present.
Again patronizing me and telling I have never had those cards won't help anybody I didn't experience those problems so don't get hostile with me. But if you want proof I could take my Iphone and upload some pictures I made to join the R9 290(x) owners club. (I never submitted them because I returned them not long after)

He may be looking into a mirror when patronizing you & judging if you ever actually owned the products.


Read above and maybe you will see why I patronized him I was not judging him I was simply trying to set record straight so he didnt cause people to think they had hardware failures of motherboards and such when it is the graphics driver or the graphics card itself When in crossfire and running Vsync / frame pacing causing stutters and sound clicking and such. I want to point out his linked photo and such states he was running a single R9 200 series not crossfire so he simply could have claimed to have ran crossfire when he didnt and pawned the issue off on people having the issue being theyre motherboards or other hardware and not a graphics card / driver issue as it actually is.



THIS WAS HIS EXACT WORDS : Most certainly not something most people experience so perhaps you should wipe your drivers or even do a clean install. Sound crackling sound like something might be seriously wrong either your MB or PSU might have some problems.


THAT IS WHY I JUMPED HIS CASE!

facts are nearly anyone running crossfire 290's or 290x's with frame pacing / Vsync on experience this and a simple google search and even reviewers have explained this nearly all of them doing crossfire reviews of these cards have had this experience. So him saying it is motherboard or PSU is very ill informed and could cause some very uneeded hassle for readers that would freak out and start RMAing theyre motherboards / Power supplies over it so I had a very good reason to get on his case.



It would be equivalent of me telling you your not getting proper GPU scaling on BF4 on your Titans because of faulty Titan or Ram / Hardrive / PSU when it is simply because of the game itself isnt coded properly for tri SLI Titans would you jump my butt if I told you or someone else that or not. I can answer that myself I guarantee you would jump my case if I did that.
Edited by rickcooperjr - 1/31/14 at 9:35pm
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1155 of 2769
So when did the Media get the driver?

24hrs starting from what time?
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1156 of 2769
The official comment is a "maybe" for weekend release. We will see....
 
Sim Racing Rig
(11 items)
 
Little-G
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930k Rampage IV Black Edition 3x MSI R9 290x 32gb Corsair Vengence 2133mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
2x Samsung 840 Pro 256gb 5x Asus VG248qe Ducky Shine 3 TKL Coolermaster 1200W Gold 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 900D Corsair M65 Corsair MM200 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Sapphire 7970 16GB Gskill 2133 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerMouse
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb 3x VN247Q Platinum 1000w Razer Ouroboros 
Mouse PadOtherOther
Corsair MM200 Fanatec Clubsport Wheel + Pedals Razer Obutto Sim Cockpit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4570k maximus vi impact Asus GTX Titan Gskill 
Hard DriveCoolingKeyboardCase
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Stock Razer Blackwidow 905f 
Mouse
Steelseries Sensei 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Sim Racing Rig
(11 items)
 
Little-G
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4930k Rampage IV Black Edition 3x MSI R9 290x 32gb Corsair Vengence 2133mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
2x Samsung 840 Pro 256gb 5x Asus VG248qe Ducky Shine 3 TKL Coolermaster 1200W Gold 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 900D Corsair M65 Corsair MM200 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Sapphire 7970 16GB Gskill 2133 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerMouse
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb 3x VN247Q Platinum 1000w Razer Ouroboros 
Mouse PadOtherOther
Corsair MM200 Fanatec Clubsport Wheel + Pedals Razer Obutto Sim Cockpit 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4570k maximus vi impact Asus GTX Titan Gskill 
Hard DriveCoolingKeyboardCase
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Stock Razer Blackwidow 905f 
Mouse
Steelseries Sensei 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1157 of 2769
Unless some one leaks the media version which im hoping for tonight.
post #1158 of 2769
im at work reading all these posts over mantle, and to tell the truth this is just a realy botched launch of a api that we have all been waiting for. all the back and forth over who has the driver, who dosent have it, who has the abliity to use mantle and who dosent. its this simple this api should of been ready for all consumers to run and use considering the fact it was suppose to launch back in december. so now im left to think was mantle realy ready back then and was this mess with bf4 just a cover up for the api not realy being ready. all the media hype and all the videos and talk about what it will do for us as gamers had us all buying the amd hardware to run it back in november preparing for december luanch of mantle. to have it finaly come out and have no supported driver, only leacked drivers, only certain gpus/cpus able to run it if you happen to get a working driver, to now read somthing about the media getting drivers, and amd pushing back the driver launch do to bugs. my head is still spinning on all this madness plain and simple

botched luanch!!!

so in the mean time while amd and ea and who ever else is in this boxing ring get there stuff together, if anyone is interested i have two gigabyte r9 280x's im willing to part with. there brand new and hardly used i do not have the boxes anymore but i do have all the stuff that cam with them and the static bags. willing to sell or trade if you are interested inbox me. going green again.....
post #1159 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcooperjr View Post

how does that prove you had experience with crossfire 290's or 290x's that shows single GPU aka generic VGA(1x) and r9 200 series according to GPUZ. So how could you explain his motherboard or something has to be defective causing his sound crackling issue in crossfire when a simple google search would turn up like 8 pages and several reviews showwing the crossfire sound crackling / stuttering issue with Vsync / frame pacing. That is the only reason I jumped your case when you say someones hardware is faulty and tell them theyre experience is inferior and not the common situation when plainly it is that is why I got on your case.

I simply dont like when people automatically claim a hardware error on some one elses machine without hands on or apparently actuall experience / knowledge about the situation. The facts are all he is doing is confusing other readers and making them think other hardware is to blame making them think about RMAing theyre motherboards and such and giving improper info. When a simple search would prove his theory very wrong and ill informed when page after page will appear saying the issue is backwards from his info he gave.


The info I give is not always exact but usually is pretty sound in most cases and usually is on subjects that simple searches wont provide the answer when in this situation the answer will come with page after page of exact info of exact issue.
Read above and maybe you will see why I patronized him I was not judging him I was simply trying to set record straight so he didnt cause people to think they had hardware failures of motherboards and such when it is the graphics driver or the graphics card itself When in crossfire and running Vsync / frame pacing causing stutters and sound clicking and such. I want to point out his linked photo and such states he was running a single R9 200 series not crossfire so he simply could have claimed to have ran crossfire when he didnt and pawned the issue
I ran the penumbra and amnesia series with vsync while running CF at 4K uhd all I can say about these cards is that the cooler is bad and the performance is top notch.

It is really too bad that you and some others have this problem and I can't comprehend how it is able to play a role in the audio output.

All I did was use my experience with non ok grounding and crosstalking (when you hook up pc's to different power group and bridge them.)
post #1160 of 2769
A german tech news site stated that they received the driver this morning and that press exclusivity will last for 48 hours...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD MANTLE Discussion Thread