Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD MANTLE Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD MANTLE Discussion Thread - Page 163

post #1621 of 2769
Filled out a beta driver feedback with my issues. Hopefully enough people let them know about the problems (instead of just whining on forums)

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B21
post #1622 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post

Filled out a beta driver feedback with my issues. Hopefully enough people let them know about the problems (instead of just whining on forums)

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D25AD12B21

Thanks, just submitted mine..
GrandPa's Gamer
(16 items)
 
Mini -ITX build
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus 7 Hero PowerColor R9 290X LCS w/Factory EK Waterblock 16gb of G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb, 840 EVO 250gb, 840 Pro 1... 1 TB something.. Asus CD/DVD Drive Custom Water Loop cooling CPU and GPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 24" VG248QE 144hz, Asus 24" VE247H Razer Blackwidow Ultimate XFX Pro Black 850w PSU 
CaseMouseAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Black/Red Razer DeathAdder Turtle Beach PX21 headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel g3258 @ 4.2ghz  Asrock B85M-ITX XFX R7 250 4gb PNY 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840, 120gb SSD Samsung USB drive stock Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer CM Storm Devastator 300 watt COOLER MASTER Elite 110 
MouseAudio
CM Storm Devastator Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
GrandPa's Gamer
(16 items)
 
Mini -ITX build
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus 7 Hero PowerColor R9 290X LCS w/Factory EK Waterblock 16gb of G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO 500gb, 840 EVO 250gb, 840 Pro 1... 1 TB something.. Asus CD/DVD Drive Custom Water Loop cooling CPU and GPU 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 24" VG248QE 144hz, Asus 24" VE247H Razer Blackwidow Ultimate XFX Pro Black 850w PSU 
CaseMouseAudio
Phanteks Enthoo Primo Black/Red Razer DeathAdder Turtle Beach PX21 headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel g3258 @ 4.2ghz  Asrock B85M-ITX XFX R7 250 4gb PNY 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840, 120gb SSD Samsung USB drive stock Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer CM Storm Devastator 300 watt COOLER MASTER Elite 110 
MouseAudio
CM Storm Devastator Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1623 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by quakermaas View Post

My cousin just built a new PC (4770k and my two old HD7970s), he was having problems getting Mantle to run smooth (bad FPS around 60).
He removed the user.cfg he was using and also deleted the Mantle files in My Documents/Battlefield 4/cache folder, this more than doubled his FPS (130~140).
Maybe worth a try for anybody getting really poor FPS with Mantle.

Here's my Starswarm results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakermaas View Post

My cousin just built a new PC (4770k and my two old HD7970s), he was having problems getting Mantle to run smooth (bad FPS around 60).
He removed the user.cfg he was using and also deleted the Mantle files in My Documents/Battlefield 4/cache folder, this more than doubled his FPS (130~140).
Maybe worth a try for anybody getting really poor FPS with Mantle.

Here's my Starswarm results.


This helped me for a little bit and then it started to lag. On my R9-280x crossfire I'm getting 120 FPS constant for a while on even intense maps 64 players 2560x1440
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1624 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceAir View Post


This helped me for a little bit and then it started to lag. On my R9-280x crossfire I'm getting 120 FPS constant for a while on even intense maps 64 players 2560x1440

im surprised you guys can run it in CF at all. after playing with a single card and second disabled in system manager, then enabling it, I can load the game in CF, fps will be huge but crashes within 30seconds.
Unit Zero
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus 7 Hero EVGA 1080 FTW iCX 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Caviar Black 2TB Caviar Green 1 TB Caviar Black 120 Gb Samsung Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Ek Supremacy Evo Windows 8.1 Dell Ultrasharp 2713hm Corsair Vengeanve K75 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX 850w + Gold Evolv TG Razer Deathadder Elite Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo 
Audio
AKG K550  
  hide details  
Reply
Unit Zero
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus 7 Hero EVGA 1080 FTW iCX 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Caviar Black 2TB Caviar Green 1 TB Caviar Black 120 Gb Samsung Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Ek Supremacy Evo Windows 8.1 Dell Ultrasharp 2713hm Corsair Vengeanve K75 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX 850w + Gold Evolv TG Razer Deathadder Elite Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo 
Audio
AKG K550  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1625 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocityx View Post

im surprised you guys can run it in CF at all. after playing with a single card and second disabled in system manager, then enabling it, I can load the game in CF, fps will be huge but crashes within 30seconds.

Well I can barely play. i get my fps but lot's of spikes and also crashes 90% of the time
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1626 of 2769
Thats too bad - for me Mantle has been pretty great (since i moved the applicable dlls to get scrypt mining working again). BF4 has been stable as its always been (not that it was 100% before Mantle) - and i get at least a 10-15fps minimum fps bump....used to hover around 72-80fps minimum in maps like Siege of Shanghai, Zavod - now easily 90-95fps.

Of course i get the random 120->20fps half second stutter, but i expect that to improve as the drivers mature.
post #1627 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrolds View Post

Thats too bad - for me Mantle has been pretty great (since i moved the applicable dlls to get scrypt mining working again). BF4 has been stable as its always been (not that it was 100% before Mantle) - and i get at least a 10-15fps minimum fps bump....used to hover around 72-80fps minimum in maps like Siege of Shanghai, Zavod - now easily 90-95fps.

Of course i get the random 120->20fps half second stutter, but i expect that to improve as the drivers mature.

Well you running a R9-290x and i'm running a r9-280x crossfire so for you it should work.
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Gaming RIG
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790k ASUS VII Ranger Galax hof gtx 980 ti 16GB 1600mhz adata ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
128GB SSD Samsung 840 evo 1TB WD blue Liteon 256GB SSD Phanteks PH-TC14PE 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PG279Q Cooler master Quickfire XT Corsair AX850w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air carbide 540 Steelseries Ikari Laser Steelsereies QCK+ sound Blaster Z 
Audio
Sennheiser HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1628 of 2769
"Mantle
-Fix for a crash that would occur when activating full screen in portrait mode
-Fix for stuttering that could appear during video sequences on multi-GPU PCs
-Fix for a memory system leak that could cause stalls, which would result in frames taking longer to process
-Reduced the amount of stalls that occurred when running with high graphics setting that require more GPU memory than is currently available
-Fixed screenshots on multi-GPU PCs"

for real dice? u fixed screenshots on multi gpus? do they know that their internal driver is different from what amd gave us? I would srsly enjoy those fixes if I could enable crossfire with mantle, heck, I would be even more happy If I could enable my second gpu in system manager because when there are two mantle doesnt know which one to use for rendering.
Unit Zero
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus 7 Hero EVGA 1080 FTW iCX 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Caviar Black 2TB Caviar Green 1 TB Caviar Black 120 Gb Samsung Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Ek Supremacy Evo Windows 8.1 Dell Ultrasharp 2713hm Corsair Vengeanve K75 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX 850w + Gold Evolv TG Razer Deathadder Elite Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo 
Audio
AKG K550  
  hide details  
Reply
Unit Zero
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Maximus 7 Hero EVGA 1080 FTW iCX 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
5TB Caviar Black 2TB Caviar Green 1 TB Caviar Black 120 Gb Samsung Evo 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Ek Supremacy Evo Windows 8.1 Dell Ultrasharp 2713hm Corsair Vengeanve K75 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
XFX 850w + Gold Evolv TG Razer Deathadder Elite Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo 
Audio
AKG K550  
  hide details  
Reply
post #1629 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocityx View Post

"Mantle
-Fix for a crash that would occur when activating full screen in portrait mode
-Fix for stuttering that could appear during video sequences on multi-GPU PCs
-Fix for a memory system leak that could cause stalls, which would result in frames taking longer to process -Reduced the amount of stalls that occurred when running with high graphics setting that require more GPU memory than is currently available
-Fixed screenshots on multi-GPU PCs"

for real dice? u fixed screenshots on multi gpus? do they know that their internal driver is different from what amd gave us? I would srsly enjoy those fixes if I could enable crossfire with mantle, heck, I would be even more happy If I could enable my second gpu in system manager because when there are two mantle doesnt know which one to use for rendering.
That fix will make the game stop spiking most likely and will reduce the memory limit to what it was before the Mantle update good stuff thumb.gif
post #1630 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarten12100 View Post

That fix will make the game stop spiking most likely and will reduce the memory limit to what it was before the Mantle update good stuff thumb.gif

Nope.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD MANTLE Discussion Thread