Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD MANTLE Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD MANTLE Discussion Thread - Page 79

post #781 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stfac3killa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcooperjr View Post

yeah but it officialy got the probing and investigations started and other companies would prefer to avoid it because it looks bad for them from a legal standpoint equivalent of one of us hanging out with a drug dealer we would likely be thought of or seen as a druggy or also a drug dealer because of it and those brandings stick for a very longtime usually for most of your life if not entire life hince why companies avoid working with Intel over theyre rough legal past and past history all around.

Once a bully and with legal record to prove it usually always a bully just like a murderer is always a murderer or a rapist is a rapist period time doesnt fix those brandings / charges or change how general public will see you. Facts are general public really dont know about Intels past and how they actually held tech back by doing what they did or even how it affected us the consumers it caused many companies that had potential in the CPU area to be bankrupted / destroyed and also caused overpriced hardware to be forced down our throats without us knowing any better or having any options. That is because they blocked retailers from selling other brands of CPU's and such only one that survived out of 5 I can think of was AMD even IBM left the PC market and went to servers over it.

my next build wich will be soon, i will be using amd cpu's. intel and nvidia truly seem to have the market locked up price point show that. dont get me wrong i have never had any issues with my nvidia gpus other than the prices, and intel cpu's are pricy as well. ive ben looking at the fx line of cpus and the apu line of amd. in your opion truly which cpu would you go with knowing your going to be running some pretty high end gpu's in crossfire or maybe just a single gpu?? i know the a line cpu has the built in gpu chip but how usful is that when using higher end gpu's? sorry for the noob style question but im realy looking toward going amd with the cpu now and i have never owned one. i hear alot of great things about there ability to overclock. my other quistion is why dont we see more over clock copetions being won by a amd cpu over and intel. intel has not done me wrong but to get there higher end cpu's i have to take out a feaking loan. mad.gif


Well at present multiple cards show better performance with Intel but Mantle might change that and also the bottleneck of running a overclocked 8350 at around 4.8ghz x8 with the NorthBridge at 2400mhz and 1866mhz with tight timings isnt that bad if you look into it in the top overclock.net quad crossfire lists you will see AMD FX 8350 is in there but is tailing the Intels a bit but is still pushing quadfire very nicely regardless.


I want to point out APU route is budget gaming route or mini micro route / mobile gaming systems and APU's dont push crossfire / SLI the best without massive overclocking.
Edited by rickcooperjr - 1/26/14 at 5:23am
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #782 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickcooperjr View Post

Well at present multiple cards show better performance with Intel but Mantle might change that and also the bottleneck of running a overclocked 8350 at around 4.8ghz x8 with the NorthBridge at 2400mhz and 1866mhz with tight timings isnt that bad if you look into it in the top overclock.net quad crossfire lists you will see AMD FX 8350 is in there but is tailing the Intels a bit but is still pushing quadfire very nicely regardless.


I want to point out APU route is budget gaming route or mini micro route / mobile gaming systems and APU's dont push crossfire / SLI the best without massive overclocking.

thanks for the info, very much apriciated. ill do some more home work and see how i will tackle this deal. im thinking of making a mico or mini itx build i dig the bitphenox prodigy case and i now have an extra r9 280x lying around so i wanted to throw that bad boy into something small like that. make a little lan box type deal. was tossing up intel board or amd board. decided to give amd a full on try. amd board, amd cpu, amd ram, and amd gpu. a total amd build, and if we ever see mantle and it lives up to what it should then it should make for a very nice travel friend for me. something i can take with me to lets sayyyyyyyy, work, lol. sneak it in to my office unhook the dreaded work pc and plug her in and go big!!!! nothing better than getting paid to play games!!!thumb.gif almost makes you feel like a pro-gamer, hahahahahaha. just wanted to show some love to amd and realy wanted to keep it small but powerful. i also have an extra cooler master sedion liquid cooler laying in my gorilla box. so you know how that goes extra parts just lying around mind starts to ponder......hmmmmmmm what if!!!!! next thing you know your trolling the net for parts, newegg, tigerdirect, amazon, ebay and all the other sights.
post #783 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clexzor View Post

If you truly plaan on running more than 1 card so crossfire/sli and want to stick with amd for your cpu...the fx8350 would be your best bet...however if you can stretch the budget I would def. grab a i7 4770/4770k over a 8350 anyday but either way both cpu's will get the job done.

sounds like a plan, ill check into them both. i currently have a i7 3770k in my troopa and she run realy nice. just wanted to give amd a little love like i said i currently have three intel builds between my two desktops and my alienware m17x r3. but i will most def look into the amd cpu you sugested. thumb.gif
post #784 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stfac3killa View Post

sounds like a plan, ill check into them both. i currently have a i7 3770k in my troopa and she run realy nice. just wanted to give amd a little love like i said i currently have three intel builds between my two desktops and my alienware m17x r3. but i will most def look into the amd cpu you sugested. thumb.gif

good stuff...yeah the 3770k is still a beast and imo still better than a overclocked 8350..ive had the 3770k until I sold it my friend and went haswell..I also decided to drop overclocking the cpu and stick to gpu overclocking as overclocking on cpu's nowadays gives little return and is simply not worth it atm...from personal experience and benchmarks u can see clearly a 4770/4770k at stock is like 1-5 fps behind a 4.5ghz 4770k so lol...extra heat/voltage etc

currently built myself a matx build i7 4770 on a Asus Gryphon and 8gb gskill 2400 2x Samsung ssd's ax860 platinum psu in the coolermaster n200 with a R9 280x msi overclocked to 1.25v 1250mhz

Firestrike score is 8700 thumb.gif
GamingRig
(16 items)
 
H-Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPURAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel i7-4770 8gb 2400 Gskill Samsung 840 Pro 120Gb Samsung 840 120gb 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2TB Seagate External Win 8 64-Bit Qnix 2560x1440 120hz Corsair Mech k90 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX860 Plat. Lian Li MATX Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Ironclad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2550k (Stock) MSI Z77 G55 ATI 5xxx 1Gb Corsair 8gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate 500Gb Seagate 2Tb Seagate 2Tb Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows Home Server 2011 LG 1920x1080 600w Corsair Green Asus 
  hide details  
Reply
GamingRig
(16 items)
 
H-Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPURAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel i7-4770 8gb 2400 Gskill Samsung 840 Pro 120Gb Samsung 840 120gb 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2TB Seagate External Win 8 64-Bit Qnix 2560x1440 120hz Corsair Mech k90 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX860 Plat. Lian Li MATX Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Ironclad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2550k (Stock) MSI Z77 G55 ATI 5xxx 1Gb Corsair 8gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate 500Gb Seagate 2Tb Seagate 2Tb Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows Home Server 2011 LG 1920x1080 600w Corsair Green Asus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #785 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clexzor View Post

good stuff...yeah the 3770k is still a beast and imo still better than a overclocked 8350..ive had the 3770k until I sold it my friend and went haswell..I also decided to drop overclocking the cpu and stick to gpu overclocking as overclocking on cpu's nowadays gives little return and is simply not worth it atm...from personal experience and benchmarks u can see clearly a 4770/4770k at stock is like 1-5 fps behind a 4.5ghz 4770k so lol...extra heat/voltage etc

currently built myself a matx build i7 4770 on a Asus Gryphon and 8gb gskill 2400 2x Samsung ssd's ax860 platinum psu in the coolermaster n200 with a R9 280x msi overclocked to 1.25v 1250mhz

Firestrike score is 8700 thumb.gif

very nice!! once i get her put together and up and running ill bench and see whats what. in the mean time this build will give amd/dice/ea/who ever time to get mantle into the mix, lol. so on the seriouse note how are you liking the m-itx format? i have been pondering building one for while but didnt know to much about the performance yield they have. i have built tons of atx, extended atx, in mid towers and full towers but never a mini or micro. so this will be a learning experience for me here. i have some crazy builds though in the m-itx format.
post #786 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stfac3killa View Post

very nice!! once i get her put together and up and running ill bench and see whats what. in the mean time this build will give amd/dice/ea/who ever time to get mantle into the mix, lol. so on the seriouse note how are you liking the m-itx format? i have been pondering building one for while but didnt know to much about the performance yield they have. i have built tons of atx, extended atx, in mid towers and full towers but never a mini or micro. so this will be a learning experience for me here. i have some crazy builds though in the m-itx format.

Its awesome man!!! ive always held off on matx build as the selection hasn't been awesome budget wise also cases weren't to appealing 3-4 years ago either but now things are chaning for sure and imo unless you plan on a huge water loop or massive sli/crossfire ...but even now you can sli/crossfire matx and small water loop etc...

Im using the N200 so its a easy matx case to work in for sure its just like a full size atx case but shrunk down lol its lightweight easy to move around very quite has great airflow...and I can take it to my buddys etc easily and to work as well...

I chose the 4770 since I wasn't going to be overclocking and got the evga matx cooer for it...never goes past 63c on the cpu and the gpu maxes at around 65c on straight air thumb.gif

Also chose the Asus gryphon Tuf series as its basically the sabertooth shrunk down and has a 5 year warranty with and are usually almost server grade quality. Also can support high sped ram and sli/crossfire

and of course I picked up a 280x msi for 349 and its running right behind a stock gtx 780 lol so all in all its the same as full atx build just smaller and quieter

not mine but u can see easily supports sli given its tight but lol


Edited by Clexzor - 1/26/14 at 7:02am
GamingRig
(16 items)
 
H-Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPURAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel i7-4770 8gb 2400 Gskill Samsung 840 Pro 120Gb Samsung 840 120gb 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2TB Seagate External Win 8 64-Bit Qnix 2560x1440 120hz Corsair Mech k90 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX860 Plat. Lian Li MATX Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Ironclad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2550k (Stock) MSI Z77 G55 ATI 5xxx 1Gb Corsair 8gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate 500Gb Seagate 2Tb Seagate 2Tb Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows Home Server 2011 LG 1920x1080 600w Corsair Green Asus 
  hide details  
Reply
GamingRig
(16 items)
 
H-Server
(12 items)
 
 
CPURAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Intel i7-4770 8gb 2400 Gskill Samsung 840 Pro 120Gb Samsung 840 120gb 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2TB Seagate External Win 8 64-Bit Qnix 2560x1440 120hz Corsair Mech k90 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX860 Plat. Lian Li MATX Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Ironclad 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2550k (Stock) MSI Z77 G55 ATI 5xxx 1Gb Corsair 8gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate 500Gb Seagate 2Tb Seagate 2Tb Stock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows Home Server 2011 LG 1920x1080 600w Corsair Green Asus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #787 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

True enough. @least Nvidia rebrands are all the same architecture. AMD rebranding Tahiti probably means the next architecture will be loaded with re-branded hawaii. You don't see Nvidia pumping out 2 Kepler cards with 100 fermi cards.

I don't think that's a very accurate comparison. Tahiti is less like an architecture, e.g. Kepler, and more like a chipset, e.g. GK110. In addition, if you look at the 600 series vs the 700 series, you see: 680 = 770, 670 = 760Ti (not yet released), and an OEM version of the 660Ti = 760. For AMD, when you look at both their GCN lines (current gen and 7000 series), you see pretty much the same thing. 270 and 270X are slightly updated 7870s (Curaco vs Pitcairn), 280 and 280X = 7950 and 7970, 260X is a 7790 exactly, etc etc. There only are a handful of GCN 1.1 GPUs if that is what you meant. Hawaii, Bonaire, and Oland are it, and enthusiasts only care about one of those.
Triumvirate
(20 items)
 
Osmium
(8 items)
 
For Sale: [FS] Z97 system: Xeon and RAM
$160 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5775C ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 Sapphire RX 480 (reference) MSI Low-Profile 750Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum - 2x8GB Crucial M500 - 960GB Samsung 840 - 250GB WD Scorpio Blue - 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
ADATA SP900 - 64GB Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B PNY Quadro 600 blower Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
ASUS VE247H - 1080p Gateway FPD1960 - 1280x1024 Samsung S20D300 - 900p, portrait Rosewill RK9000I - Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Rosewill HIVE 650W Riotoro CR1080 SteelSeries Rival 100 CyberPower 1500PFCLCD 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-7870K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ G.Skill Ripjaws X - 2x4GB @ 2400MT/s Samsung 840 120GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Evercool EC-HPS-810CP Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PicoPSU-120-WI-25 Mini-Box M350 
  hide details  
Reply
Triumvirate
(20 items)
 
Osmium
(8 items)
 
For Sale: [FS] Z97 system: Xeon and RAM
$160 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5775C ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 Sapphire RX 480 (reference) MSI Low-Profile 750Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum - 2x8GB Crucial M500 - 960GB Samsung 840 - 250GB WD Scorpio Blue - 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
ADATA SP900 - 64GB Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B PNY Quadro 600 blower Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
ASUS VE247H - 1080p Gateway FPD1960 - 1280x1024 Samsung S20D300 - 900p, portrait Rosewill RK9000I - Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Rosewill HIVE 650W Riotoro CR1080 SteelSeries Rival 100 CyberPower 1500PFCLCD 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-7870K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ G.Skill Ripjaws X - 2x4GB @ 2400MT/s Samsung 840 120GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Evercool EC-HPS-810CP Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PicoPSU-120-WI-25 Mini-Box M350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #788 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by skupples View Post

True enough. @least Nvidia rebrands are all the same architecture. AMD rebranding Tahiti probably means the next architecture will be loaded with re-branded hawaii. You don't see Nvidia pumping out 2 Kepler cards with 100 fermi cards.

I don't think that's a very accurate comparison. Tahiti is less like an architecture, e.g. Kepler, and more like a chipset, e.g. GK110. In addition, if you look at the 600 series vs the 700 series, you see: 680 = 770, 670 = 760Ti (not yet released), and an OEM version of the 660Ti = 760. For AMD, when you look at both their GCN lines (current gen and 7000 series), you see pretty much the same thing. 270 and 270X are slightly updated 7870s (Curaco vs Pitcairn), 280 and 280X = 7950 and 7970, 260X is a 7790 exactly, etc etc. There only are a handful of GCN 1.1 GPUs if that is what you meant. Hawaii, Bonaire, and Oland are it, and enthusiasts only care about one of those.


That is exactly what I was saying about rebranded / rebadged with current gen Radeons they were nearly identical with only a few that were truly not.
Edited by rickcooperjr - 1/26/14 at 8:43am
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 5820k 4.6ghz core 4.3ghz CPU cache 1.345v asus sabertooth X99 sold R9 290x's am currently running a R9 280A X... 16gb of ddr4 corsair vengeance LPX 3200mhz 1t 1... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
M.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 512gb ASUS DVD rw  liquid cooled cpu and gpu's windows 10 pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3 x 32lcd/led 2560x1600 wolfking timberwolf EVGA supernova 1300w G2  Thermaltake core X9 
MouseMouse PadOther
steel series wow cataclysm 14button programable  wolfking sniper Intel PRO PT dual port PCIe server NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #789 of 2769
Guys a little help please. As I said previously I have G.skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2X8GB) RIPJAWSX DDR3 1866MHZ CL10 1,5V DUAL KIT RAM, and you guys said CL10 is loose timing, so I've found a bargain for GSKILL Trident X 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-2400Mhz CL10 1.65V F3-2400C10D-16GTX, which has CL8 for 1866MHz, do you recommend the switch? I have stock FX 8350, would 1866MHz CL8 make a huge difference compared to CL10? These rams are much better and cost is negligable for me right now, but does it really make a difference just because of tighter timings?
post #790 of 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnedLife View Post

Guys a little help please. As I said previously I have G.skill Ripjaws X 16GB (2X8GB) RIPJAWSX DDR3 1866MHZ CL10 1,5V DUAL KIT RAM, and you guys said CL10 is loose timing, so I've found a bargain for GSKILL Trident X 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-2400Mhz CL10 1.65V F3-2400C10D-16GTX, which has CL8 for 1866MHz, do you recommend the switch? I have stock FX 8350, would 1866MHz CL8 make a huge difference compared to CL10? These rams are much better and cost is negligable for me right now, but does it really make a difference just because of tighter timings?
Clock speed is more effective than tight timings for most of the things we do you should see it like this timings = latency while speed = bandwidth. Only where quick swaps are needed the better timing will help in other cases the extra bandwidth will help.

You'd be better of putting it towards a SSD or a better gpu.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › AMD MANTLE Discussion Thread