Would that cause what he's seeing now? I mean, here's how it went down:
- He overclocked to 4.0 GHz
- It was fine for that day
- He turned it off
- The next time he turned his computer on, the motherboard said that overclocking failed
- So he went into the BIOS reset back to factory defaults
- Windows BSOD'd right before getting to the desktop and it has been doing it ever since.
- He got in just a few minutes ago, but his icons in the Notification Area were invisible, yet he could still select them.