Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 750D Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair 750D Owners Club - Page 544

post #5431 of 9557
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkd90 View Post

you dont have a lot of room to play with with a 660 psu! Id say your stuck with your one card, unless you upgrade your psu! whats the recommened psu for the 280? I imagine its probably 450-500 watts since its amd? because I dunno about your processor but my intel 4930k takes 130 watts and my new gtx 970's i think is in about the 300 something range never quite looked as for I have a 1200w psu so I dont really pay attention to voltage now days but when you have a psu at your level I would definitely look to getting atleast a 800/850w they are pretty cheap! But just kinda add it up to get an idea to see if your maximizing your psu out! They will work a little above their maximum (660) in your case but its just better overall to have voltage left over so it doesnt work as hard!

Well I just purchased this PSU so doubtful of buying another one. I was told since I don't plan to have 2 video cards I should be fine on power.
post #5432 of 9557
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangMan04 View Post

Well I just purchased this PSU so doubtful of buying another one. I was told since I don't plan to have 2 video cards I should be fine on power.

yea you should be.. thats why I said looks like your stuck with only one card anyway because two cards your psu wouldnt be able to handle it! So with that said! Id get a 360 rad up top and a 280 rad up front. Unless you think you may upgrade your pc later I wouldnt get a 240mm rad!

240 rads are silent as for rpms arent as high! just make sure you buy high pressure static fans! I use "corsair SP" high performance but everyone has their own idea on fans! noctua SP is another high recommended one! I like corsair as for it matches my case and they have color rings to match the inside of the loop depending on what color scheme you go with!

Now watercooling keep things way cooler than air cooling for sure. But dont be disappointed to see temps in the 40's or sometimes 50's why? because water cooling is only as cool as the ambient air in the room! so If like in the winter your pc runs 20/30 or if you have a well insulated house and its hotter in hell inside and you see temps in the 50 dont think your watercooling isnt working! It just can only keep components as cool as the ambient air its pulling in to cool the water!! lot of people think they will get freezing cold results! So just keep that in mind so your components should never be but a couple degrees different if not the same as the room temp!
post #5433 of 9557
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkd90 View Post

yea you should be.. thats why I said looks like your stuck with only one card anyway because two cards your psu wouldnt be able to handle it! So with that said! Id get a 360 rad up top and a 280 rad up front. Unless you think you may upgrade your pc later I wouldnt get a 240mm rad!

240 rads are silent as for rpms arent as high! just make sure you buy high pressure static fans! I use "corsair SP" high performance but everyone has their own idea on fans! noctua SP is another high recommended one! I like corsair as for it matches my case and they have color rings to match the inside of the loop depending on what color scheme you go with!

Now watercooling keep things way cooler than air cooling for sure. But dont be disappointed to see temps in the 40's or sometimes 50's why? because water cooling is only as cool as the ambient air in the room! so If like in the winter your pc runs 20/30 or if you have a well insulated house and its hotter in hell inside and you see temps in the 50 dont think your watercooling isnt working! It just can only keep components as cool as the ambient air its pulling in to cool the water!! lot of people think they will get freezing cold results! So just keep that in mind so your components should never be but a couple degrees different if not the same as the room temp!

Cool, I keep my house at 68F in the winter.

Any suggestions on rads? I am working with my friend on parts, so I may throw a list I am making for input.
post #5434 of 9557
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangMan04 View Post

Cool, I keep my house at 68F in the winter.

Any suggestions on rads? I am working with my friend on parts, so I may throw a list I am making for input.

looks for rads with a high FPI the higher the better cooling it will have but the more powerful fans your will need as for more resistants to air flow going through!

popular rads: black ice, alpha cool, swiftech and danger den
post #5435 of 9557
Id also recommend the alpha cool ut60 or ut 80! those things are big rads but work well and do a push pull on them with your fans so that each side gets air! if the rads are 25/30mm thick just use a push or pull set up but for rads as big as the alpha cool ut 60/80 your gonna need the push pull set up
post #5436 of 9557
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkd90 View Post

looks for rads with a high FPI the higher the better cooling it will have but the more powerful fans your will need as for more resistants to air flow going through!

popular rads: black ice, alpha cool, swiftech and danger den

Cool thanks, will I be able to have a tall cylinder type reservoir if I have a rad in the front? Don't want space issues.
post #5437 of 9557
Quick Note. My Ambient temps are normally around 80F. Stress test results with my setup (Check Siggy) are topping out at 78c after Realbench 2.2 using 8gb of ram. House was at 70F the other day and did another stress test to confirm temp drop effects temps. I topped out at 75C instead of 78c. 10F= 3c change.

The Cautious One
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 5930K @ 4.5Ghz Asus Rampage V  GTX 980  GTX 980 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz DDR4 4 Gb Q... Dominator Light Bar Kits x 2 Crucial 240 SSD  Seagate 7200 Rpm Baracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate 7200 Rpm Baracuda Crucial M500 512 SSD Crucial M500 480 SSD EK 480mm Coolstream XTX x 2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Tons of Fittings Supremacy Evo Copper EK  XSPC 240mm Radiator V3 x 2 Swiftech MCP35X PMW Pump DDC x 2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Rampage V Mosfet WaterBlock Original CSQ NB Eloops B12 - 2 1300rpm  Phobia 8way 4pin Fan Controller x 2 Ek Single Link CSQ Bridge x 2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Z Tank (Clear) 250mm x 2 980 WaterBlocks x 2 Ek DDC Pump Top (Acrylic) x 2 Primochill 3/8" x 1/2" OD Clear Tubing 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower 12mm Acyrlic Tubing 19" x 4  XSPC 3/8" x 1/2" Compression Fittings x 12 Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Crossover 324K 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Qnix 2710 Perfect Pixel 1440p  EVGA 1300 G2 CaseLabs SMA8 Darkside 12" Led Lighting  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Strix Z270i Gaming GALAX 980TI HOF Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 2400  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial 512 SSD EK Supremacy EVO White Bitspower 150ml Reservoir POM White x 2 Swiftech 18w DDC x 2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower 980ti HOF Waterblock (Clear)  EK SE 240mm Slim Radiator EK XE 240mm Radiator x 2 EK DDC Plexi top x 2  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional NEX Moba White Pro EVGA 650 G2 Caselabs S3 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 5930K @ 4.5Ghz Asus Rampage V  GTX 980  GTX 980 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz DDR4 4 Gb Q... Dominator Light Bar Kits x 2 Crucial 240 SSD  Seagate 7200 Rpm Baracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate 7200 Rpm Baracuda Crucial M500 512 SSD Crucial M500 480 SSD EK 480mm Coolstream XTX x 2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Tons of Fittings Supremacy Evo Copper EK  XSPC 240mm Radiator V3 x 2 Swiftech MCP35X PMW Pump DDC x 2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Rampage V Mosfet WaterBlock Original CSQ NB Eloops B12 - 2 1300rpm  Phobia 8way 4pin Fan Controller x 2 Ek Single Link CSQ Bridge x 2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower Z Tank (Clear) 250mm x 2 980 WaterBlocks x 2 Ek DDC Pump Top (Acrylic) x 2 Primochill 3/8" x 1/2" OD Clear Tubing 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower 12mm Acyrlic Tubing 19" x 4  XSPC 3/8" x 1/2" Compression Fittings x 12 Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Crossover 324K 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Qnix 2710 Perfect Pixel 1440p  EVGA 1300 G2 CaseLabs SMA8 Darkside 12" Led Lighting  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Strix Z270i Gaming GALAX 980TI HOF Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 2400  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Crucial 512 SSD EK Supremacy EVO White Bitspower 150ml Reservoir POM White x 2 Swiftech 18w DDC x 2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower 980ti HOF Waterblock (Clear)  EK SE 240mm Slim Radiator EK XE 240mm Radiator x 2 EK DDC Plexi top x 2  
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional NEX Moba White Pro EVGA 650 G2 Caselabs S3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5438 of 9557
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangMan04 View Post

Cool, I keep my house at 68F in the winter.

Any suggestions on rads? I am working with my friend on parts, so I may throw a list I am making for input.

I prefer thick rad with low fin density and low speed fans..
post #5439 of 9557
you can have a 250ml Its what I have in my case but I also have a d5 pump with mod top and bottom so mine is bolted to the case in the air next to the gromets for your wiring to pass through! And yes some people like low density rads so they can use lower rpm fans which is fine! But i found the best results in having a high density rad with high power fans mounted to a fan controller so when I was at idel my case could be completely silent. Now when Im gaming or whaterver else I turn my fans on full blast, in my opinion they still aren't loud but everyones definition of loud and silent are completely different! So my case has 10 fans on it and with all of them at highest rpm its not that bad, you can hear them but its not even close to a graphic card cooler cranked up to 90+ which is loud and annoying! Bunch of this watercooling is personal preference! So if you dont wanna hear a thing at all get low density rads that are thick (more sure area to cool) and low rpm fans! If you dont mind barely hearing them get high density thick rad with high rpm fans! Fan controllers are awesome as well as for you can turn crank up and down the noise level of the highest fans!
post #5440 of 9557
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkd90 View Post

you can have a 250ml Its what I have in my case but I also have a d5 pump with mod top and bottom so mine is bolted to the case in the air next to the gromets for your wiring to pass through! And yes some people like low density rads so they can use lower rpm fans which is fine! But i found the best results in having a high density rad with high power fans mounted to a fan controller so when I was at idel my case could be completely silent. Now when Im gaming or whaterver else I turn my fans on full blast, in my opinion they still aren't loud but everyones definition of loud and silent are completely different! So my case has 10 fans on it and with all of them at highest rpm its not that bad, you can hear them but its not even close to a graphic card cooler cranked up to 90+ which is loud and annoying! Bunch of this watercooling is personal preference! So if you dont wanna hear a thing at all get low density rads that are thick (more sure area to cool) and low rpm fans! If you dont mind barely hearing them get high density thick rad with high rpm fans! Fan controllers are awesome as well as for you can turn crank up and down the noise level of the highest fans!

Oh I have had very high RPM fans, so I have dealt with the noise before lol. So far my list is looking as follows...

Fittings
Pump
Pump Top
CPU Block
90 degree adapters
GPU Water block
Top Radiator 360mm
Front Radiator 240mm
Edited by StangMan04 - 10/20/14 at 11:45am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 750D Owners Club