Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 750D Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair 750D Owners Club - Page 895

post #8941 of 9542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog83 View Post

Ok, there are good reasons to use soft tubing and not all systems look "Ghetto", I think mine would have with the length of the runs. I just see so many systems that have soft tubing that runs all over the place and looks like crap. If you are going to spend so much money for a full loop why not make it as nice as possible. I don't mind taking my system apart and cleaning it. It's part of the fun of being an enthusiast. If I could afford to build a new system every few months I would.
I like the look of the hard line as well, but I'm done with push fittings that pop out way too easy.
Only hard line fitting that is not push fittings (the tube slide out even with "compression fittings"), is the Monsoon once where you glue extra acrylic on the tube. But that has its own problems.

So until I find a good setup for hard line, so will I stick to soft tubing.
post #8942 of 9542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiobe View Post

I like the look of the hard line as well, but I'm done with push fittings that pop out way too easy.
Only hard line fitting that is not push fittings (the tube slide out even with "compression fittings"), is the Monsoon once where you glue extra acrylic on the tube. But that has its own problems.

So until I find a good setup for hard line, so will I stick to soft tubing.

I have taken my system apart many times and the EK fittings I use have never leaked or failed in any way and they don't pop out. They have double O-Rings and stay put very well. I know nothing of other fittings because these are all I have used. They probably made these fittings specially to fit there 16mm tubing that I bought with them.
750-Devil
(20 items)
 
"Hello Kitty"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 6700k Skylake Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 MSI Gaming R9 390 8 Gb G-Skill RipJawsV DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 64 Mb cache Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Adata M.2 Sata 256 Gb Boot drive Corsair SP 120 Quiet x3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsiar AF 140 quiet x1 Corsair SP 120 Performance PWM x 3 Full CPU Loop, XSPC Raystorm - XSPC Photon 270 ... Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
My 47 in. LG led 3d tv Couger Attack 3 Gaming Keyboard W/Cherry MX Blu... Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80 PLUS Platinum ATX12V/... Corsair Obsidion 750D full tower case. 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair MP200 LG sound bar w/ bluetooth wireless sub woofer. Self sleeved cables w/paracord. 
  hide details  
Reply
750-Devil
(20 items)
 
"Hello Kitty"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 6700k Skylake Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 MSI Gaming R9 390 8 Gb G-Skill RipJawsV DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 64 Mb cache Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Adata M.2 Sata 256 Gb Boot drive Corsair SP 120 Quiet x3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsiar AF 140 quiet x1 Corsair SP 120 Performance PWM x 3 Full CPU Loop, XSPC Raystorm - XSPC Photon 270 ... Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
My 47 in. LG led 3d tv Couger Attack 3 Gaming Keyboard W/Cherry MX Blu... Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80 PLUS Platinum ATX12V/... Corsair Obsidion 750D full tower case. 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair MP200 LG sound bar w/ bluetooth wireless sub woofer. Self sleeved cables w/paracord. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8943 of 9542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog83 View Post

I have taken my system apart many times and the EK fittings I use have never leaked or failed in any way and they don't pop out. They have double O-Rings and stay put very well. I know nothing of other fittings because these are all I have used. They probably made these fittings specially to fit there 16mm tubing that I bought with them.
I used the Primochill once.
Its possible I have screwed up with the tubes not far enough into the fitting, but it its that sensitive, then it should say so on the box.
The only other thing I can think of, is that the flex in the PETG meant that I used runs that was too short in some places.

But guess this is why hard line is said to be more difficult to pull off then soft tubing.
Edited by Chiobe - 2/7/16 at 8:12am
post #8944 of 9542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiobe View Post

I used the Primochill once.
Its possible I have screwed up with the tubes not far enough into the fitting, but it its that sensitive, then it should say so on the box.
The only other thing I can think of, is that the flex in the PETG meant that I used runs that was too short in some places.

But guess this is why hard line is said to be more difficult to pull off then soft tubing.

Absolutely. I have switched motherboards and rebuilt the system 4 times in this case and every one is a bit different so I have to cut finish and fit or make another length to get it to look right. I dip the ends of the tubes in distilled when I install them so they go easy and sometimes you have to push a bit. It is not as easy as soft tube but I like to tinker so it's perfect for me. Building a system is as much fun as using it, maybe more.
750-Devil
(20 items)
 
"Hello Kitty"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 6700k Skylake Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 MSI Gaming R9 390 8 Gb G-Skill RipJawsV DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 64 Mb cache Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Adata M.2 Sata 256 Gb Boot drive Corsair SP 120 Quiet x3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsiar AF 140 quiet x1 Corsair SP 120 Performance PWM x 3 Full CPU Loop, XSPC Raystorm - XSPC Photon 270 ... Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
My 47 in. LG led 3d tv Couger Attack 3 Gaming Keyboard W/Cherry MX Blu... Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80 PLUS Platinum ATX12V/... Corsair Obsidion 750D full tower case. 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair MP200 LG sound bar w/ bluetooth wireless sub woofer. Self sleeved cables w/paracord. 
  hide details  
Reply
750-Devil
(20 items)
 
"Hello Kitty"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 6700k Skylake Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 MSI Gaming R9 390 8 Gb G-Skill RipJawsV DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 64 Mb cache Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Adata M.2 Sata 256 Gb Boot drive Corsair SP 120 Quiet x3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsiar AF 140 quiet x1 Corsair SP 120 Performance PWM x 3 Full CPU Loop, XSPC Raystorm - XSPC Photon 270 ... Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
My 47 in. LG led 3d tv Couger Attack 3 Gaming Keyboard W/Cherry MX Blu... Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80 PLUS Platinum ATX12V/... Corsair Obsidion 750D full tower case. 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair MP200 LG sound bar w/ bluetooth wireless sub woofer. Self sleeved cables w/paracord. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8945 of 9542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog83 View Post

Absolutely. I have switched motherboards and rebuilt the system 4 times in this case and every one is a bit different so I have to cut finish and fit or make another length to get it to look right. I dip the ends of the tubes in distilled when I install them so they go easy and sometimes you have to push a bit. It is not as easy as soft tube but I like to tinker so it's perfect for me. Building a system is as much fun as using it, maybe more.
I'm at my 4th rebuild on X99, in 1,5 years.
The system I took apart, did I spend 4 months building and had it finished late November, as I did sleeving and hard tubing my self without any previous experience.
So it was not easy for me to say that those 4 months where for nothing, but when I end up with a system that cant be moved, so did I need to re do it.

Guess what I learned, is that I require the water cooling to be a bit more robust/user friendly. But its still possible to make a soft tubing system look good. It might just require a bit more thought and a few more parts.
Edited by Chiobe - 2/8/16 at 7:27am
post #8946 of 9542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiobe View Post

I'm at my 4th rebuild on X99, in 1,5 years.
The system I took apart, did I spend 4 months building and had it finished late November, as I did sleeving and hard line.
So it was not easy for me to say that those 4 months where for nothing, but when I end up with a system that cant be moved, so did I need to re do it.
Guess what I learned, is that I'm more on the practical side of things, for the water cooling it self, but its still possible to make a soft tubing system look good. It might just require a bit more thought and a few more parts.

It is easier and your are correct...if done right soft tubing can look very nice and with quick disconnects can be very easy to maintain. I guess my only issue is a lot of folks just don't take the time or don't have the skills and patience to make it look nice. I have seen builders pics of systems and they say I am happy with it and I would go nuts having to look at at everyday.

It sounds like you are just like me and have spent a lot of time and money in your system and won't settle for sub-par aesthetics. Even today when people say my system looks good and they wish they could match it I am still not completely happy with it.
750-Devil
(20 items)
 
"Hello Kitty"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 6700k Skylake Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 MSI Gaming R9 390 8 Gb G-Skill RipJawsV DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 64 Mb cache Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Adata M.2 Sata 256 Gb Boot drive Corsair SP 120 Quiet x3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsiar AF 140 quiet x1 Corsair SP 120 Performance PWM x 3 Full CPU Loop, XSPC Raystorm - XSPC Photon 270 ... Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
My 47 in. LG led 3d tv Couger Attack 3 Gaming Keyboard W/Cherry MX Blu... Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80 PLUS Platinum ATX12V/... Corsair Obsidion 750D full tower case. 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair MP200 LG sound bar w/ bluetooth wireless sub woofer. Self sleeved cables w/paracord. 
  hide details  
Reply
750-Devil
(20 items)
 
"Hello Kitty"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 6700k Skylake Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 MSI Gaming R9 390 8 Gb G-Skill RipJawsV DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 64 Mb cache Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Adata M.2 Sata 256 Gb Boot drive Corsair SP 120 Quiet x3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsiar AF 140 quiet x1 Corsair SP 120 Performance PWM x 3 Full CPU Loop, XSPC Raystorm - XSPC Photon 270 ... Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
My 47 in. LG led 3d tv Couger Attack 3 Gaming Keyboard W/Cherry MX Blu... Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80 PLUS Platinum ATX12V/... Corsair Obsidion 750D full tower case. 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair MP200 LG sound bar w/ bluetooth wireless sub woofer. Self sleeved cables w/paracord. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8947 of 9542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog83 View Post

It is easier and your are correct...if done right soft tubing can look very nice and with quick disconnects can be very easy to maintain. I guess my only issue is a lot of folks just don't take the time or don't have the skills and patience to make it look nice. I have seen builders pics of systems and they say I am happy with it and I would go nuts having to look at at everyday.

It sounds like you are just like me and have spent a lot of time and money in your system and won't settle for sub-par aesthetics. Even today when people say my system looks good and they wish they could match it I am still not completely happy with it.
The tubing ended up a bit on the crazy side, when I ended the build in November, but I wanted to have the PC up and running while I took a break. So I settled for the once that worked at the time.


The plan was to take it up now and iron out the problems, but it ended up being a rebuild instead, as I got tired of having to drain the system to fix a leaking run (slow leak) after the 4th one. Specially since I could not tell the what was wrong with the once that was leaking.
post #8948 of 9542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiobe View Post

The tubing ended up a bit on the crazy side, when I ended the build in November, but I wanted to have the PC up and running while I took a break. So I settled for the once that worked at the time.


The plan was to take it up now and iron out the problems, but it ended up being a rebuild instead, as I got tired of having to drain the system to fix a leaking run (slow leak) after the 4th one. Specially since I could not tell the what was wrong with the once that was leaking.


Wow, I have never seen anything like it. What fittings are those, if you had leaking issues I want to be sure and never use them. I can think of a couple things that would have made it easier and better looking.

... 1st I would have invested in fittings/adapters so you I could take out most of the bends (I will be doing this myself when I add a GPU or 2 to my loop), it's more expensive but looks much cleaner. Planning the loop so you don't have diagonal runs also looks better. The second thing would be to use 16mm OD tubing instead of 13mm, I think the thicker tubing looks much better. I can see why you decided to change to flexible tubing with this build, it would have been very expensive and time consuming to make hard-line look "Holy Balls" awesome.
750-Devil
(20 items)
 
"Hello Kitty"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 6700k Skylake Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 MSI Gaming R9 390 8 Gb G-Skill RipJawsV DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 64 Mb cache Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Adata M.2 Sata 256 Gb Boot drive Corsair SP 120 Quiet x3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsiar AF 140 quiet x1 Corsair SP 120 Performance PWM x 3 Full CPU Loop, XSPC Raystorm - XSPC Photon 270 ... Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
My 47 in. LG led 3d tv Couger Attack 3 Gaming Keyboard W/Cherry MX Blu... Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80 PLUS Platinum ATX12V/... Corsair Obsidion 750D full tower case. 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair MP200 LG sound bar w/ bluetooth wireless sub woofer. Self sleeved cables w/paracord. 
  hide details  
Reply
750-Devil
(20 items)
 
"Hello Kitty"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 6700k Skylake Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 MSI Gaming R9 390 8 Gb G-Skill RipJawsV DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 64 Mb cache Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Adata M.2 Sata 256 Gb Boot drive Corsair SP 120 Quiet x3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsiar AF 140 quiet x1 Corsair SP 120 Performance PWM x 3 Full CPU Loop, XSPC Raystorm - XSPC Photon 270 ... Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
My 47 in. LG led 3d tv Couger Attack 3 Gaming Keyboard W/Cherry MX Blu... Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80 PLUS Platinum ATX12V/... Corsair Obsidion 750D full tower case. 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair MP200 LG sound bar w/ bluetooth wireless sub woofer. Self sleeved cables w/paracord. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8949 of 9542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog83 View Post

Wow, I have never seen anything like it. What fittings are those, if you had leaking issues I want to be sure and never use them. I can think of a couple things that would have made it easier and better looking.

... 1st I would have invested in fittings/adapters so you I could take out most of the bends (I will be doing this myself when I add a GPU or 2 to my loop), it's more expensive but looks much cleaner. Planning the loop so you don't have diagonal runs also looks better. The second thing would be to use 16mm OD tubing instead of 13mm, I think the thicker tubing looks much better. I can see why you decided to change to flexible tubing with this build, it would have been very expensive and time consuming to make hard-line look "Holy Balls" awesome.
I used Primochill PETG with there own fittings (Ghost and/or Revolver). I dont think the problems lies in the fittings them self, but more in how unforgiving they are on the tube put into it.
If you are just slightly off 90 degrees, so wont the fitting grab correct (had to re-bend a lot of times thanks to that) and you need to be 100% sure its all the way in or its not sealed correct.
Those 2 in combo with my difficult runs and the PETG flex (it can move several mm if not 100% secured), is probably why they leaked in some places, like under the reservoirs.

I'm sure they work fine if you do it right, but its just more work then its worth for me (spent 3 weeks doing the runs and it still leaked).

Plus I'm also a power user, as I make a lot of movies and such, so having the system down for weeks/months each time I want to upgrade or do something with it, is just not worth it. Heck, I'm even planning on getting a 2nd 750D, just so I can mod the case without having to take the main system offline.

The 4 month rebuild was the longest time I have been without a proper system, but I did it because I wanted to try and do it properly when I first did it.
I have learned from that now and will do it step by step, rather then all at once.
Edited by Chiobe - 2/8/16 at 9:06am
post #8950 of 9542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiobe View Post

I used Primochill PETG with there own fittings (Ghost and/or Revolver). I dont think the problems lies in the fittings them self, but more in how unforgiving they are on the tube put into it.
If you are just slightly off 90 degrees, so wont the fitting grab correct (had to re-bend a lot of times thanks to that) and you need to be 100% sure its all the way in or its not sealed correct.
Those 2 in combo with my difficult runs and the PETG flex (it can move several mm if not 100% secured), is probably why they leaked in some places, like under the reservoirs.

I'm sure they work fine if you do it right, but its just more work then its worth for me (spent 3 weeks doing the runs and it still leaked).

Plus I'm also a power user, as I make a lot of movies and such, so having the system down for weeks/months each time I want to upgrade or do something with it, is just not worth it. Heck, I'm even planning on getting a 2nd 750D, just so I can mod the case without having to take the main system offline.

The 4 month rebuild was the longest time I have been without a proper system, but I did it because I wanted to try and do it properly when I first did it.
I have learned from that now and will do it step by step, rather then all at once.

Here are the EK fittings. They are not compression type but have 2 o-rings and they are just push in fittings. You would think because it's so easy that they would leak but after 4 rebuilds and several take apart flushes they still don't leak.You just make sure the ends are smooth so not to damage the o-rings, wet the tube ends so they go in easy and make sure they are in all they way and you are golden.I use swivel adapters on every end so that if it's not 100% perfect the fitting still goes in straight.

750-Devil
(20 items)
 
"Hello Kitty"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 6700k Skylake Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 MSI Gaming R9 390 8 Gb G-Skill RipJawsV DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 64 Mb cache Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Adata M.2 Sata 256 Gb Boot drive Corsair SP 120 Quiet x3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsiar AF 140 quiet x1 Corsair SP 120 Performance PWM x 3 Full CPU Loop, XSPC Raystorm - XSPC Photon 270 ... Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
My 47 in. LG led 3d tv Couger Attack 3 Gaming Keyboard W/Cherry MX Blu... Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80 PLUS Platinum ATX12V/... Corsair Obsidion 750D full tower case. 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair MP200 LG sound bar w/ bluetooth wireless sub woofer. Self sleeved cables w/paracord. 
  hide details  
Reply
750-Devil
(20 items)
 
"Hello Kitty"
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5 6700k Skylake Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7 MSI Gaming R9 390 8 Gb G-Skill RipJawsV DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
WD Blue 1TB 64 Mb cache Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb Adata M.2 Sata 256 Gb Boot drive Corsair SP 120 Quiet x3 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsiar AF 140 quiet x1 Corsair SP 120 Performance PWM x 3 Full CPU Loop, XSPC Raystorm - XSPC Photon 270 ... Windows 10 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
My 47 in. LG led 3d tv Couger Attack 3 Gaming Keyboard W/Cherry MX Blu... Seasonic SS-660XP 660W 80 PLUS Platinum ATX12V/... Corsair Obsidion 750D full tower case. 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Corsair M65 Pro RGB Corsair MP200 LG sound bar w/ bluetooth wireless sub woofer. Self sleeved cables w/paracord. 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Corsair 750D Owners Club