Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Own a GTX780 or SLI GTX760? Playing BF4 BETA? Please look here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Own a GTX780 or SLI GTX760? Playing BF4 BETA? Please look here. - Page 14

post #131 of 138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbond007 View Post



my $144 CPU falls a little short.

Great score! For the record, I purchased my CPU from Micro center for $169 AND received and extra $40 off of a mobo when purchased together.
post #132 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexKobra View Post

Great score! For the record, I purchased my CPU from Micro center for $169 AND received and extra $40 off of a mobo when purchased together.

thanks!

I was just checking Micro Center. They have a good price with $40 off for my MB+CPU combo too...

Wish I had one of those local instead of Tiger Direct that ripped me off a Batman Arkham Asylum game that I was supposed to get for purchasing the MSI GTX 760.
post #133 of 138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbond007 View Post

thanks!

I was just checking Micro Center. They have a good price with $40 off for my MB+CPU combo too...

Wish I had one of those local instead of Tiger Direct that ripped me off a Batman Arkham Asylum game that I was supposed to get for purchasing the MSI GTX 760.

Yeah, I guess it depends on the product. For things like CPU and Mobo, Microcenter is great. For video cards and everything else I stick to Amazon or Newegg.
post #134 of 138
what were your 760s OC to?

I pushed mine +100/+400 and I've never really tried much more. fans locked on 100%

With the CPU up to 4420MHZ my UPS shut down during the last run of 3Dmark so I had to plug the computer into the wall directly. At 4200mhz the UPS beeps and threatens to shut down, but never really does.

That means I was pulling more than 600watt so I better cool my jets with my multiple 12V rail 680watt OCZ PS.
post #135 of 138
Windows 7 ! nice
post #136 of 138


I put this additional Noctua NF-S12A fan directly over the GFX boards... its a on the 1/2 speed header plus i put an additional speed reducer on it so its very quiet.

The fan has a filter which has already caught a bunch of debris. The air should enter there and go up and out the closed loop radiator hacked into the top. That is the theory anyway smile.gif
post #137 of 138
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbond007 View Post

what were your 760s OC to?

I pushed mine +100/+400 and I've never really tried much more. fans locked on 100%

With the CPU up to 4420MHZ my UPS shut down during the last run of 3Dmark so I had to plug the computer into the wall directly. At 4200mhz the UPS beeps and threatens to shut down, but never really does.

That means I was pulling more than 600watt so I better cool my jets with my multiple 12V rail 680watt OCZ PS.

+125 core +375 memory have been stable for me when gaming and such. I haven't attempted to push them any further as I am exceeding 100+ fps is BF4 on Ultra settings.

I like the fan on the side idea in your computer case. I'm thinking about getting a Corsair D750 to replace my beautiful but aging Lian Li. The cards in SLI build up heat, with one card always 20c warmer than the other. Still, with the fan at 100% I never exceed 70c in BF4. The entire case is made out of anodized aluminum, so it can only help in dispersal of heat. I don't know, but I think that if I went with a newer case like the D750 I would be building up more heat than my current case.

I would like to water cool my CPU, which means I would have to upgrade my case as space is currently at a premium in my 10+ year old case.

Decisions, decisions......
post #138 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexKobra View Post


Decisions, decisions......

I made the card with the highest ASIC (86%) value the primary as its less prone to throttling when in boost for long periods. I actually physically swapped the cards but I'm not sure if i could have just swapped the video or if monitor primary card neds to be in 16x slot 1


somebody is selling a brand new case like mine on ebay. I'm sorry to say I paid more for mine back in the day at Fry's in TX smile.gif

made for when 2 80m case fans were all anyone needs. I really like the Lian Li too. Its like mine but thicker....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cooler-Master-ATC-210-AX1-Aluminum-ATX-MidTower-PC-Computer-Case-NOS-NEW-/231088039501?pt=US_Computer_Cases&hash=item35cdeba64d
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Own a GTX780 or SLI GTX760? Playing BF4 BETA? Please look here.