Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The NZXT H-Series Club (H630, H440, H230)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The NZXT H-Series Club (H630, H440, H230) - Page 76

Poll Results: Should I add the S340 to the thread, and alter the club name?

 
  • 64% (92)
    Keep H-Series only (H630, H440, H230) for more detailed thread
  • 35% (50)
    Add the S340, alter the club name to add "S" line, because their similar products
142 Total Votes  
post #751 of 4478
Thanks everyone, I have seen a lot of great h series builds here. My son is really liking the 630, so the case is decided. I can still use you guys input on a 2011 mb.
post #752 of 4478
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopentethking View Post

Thanks everyone, I have seen a lot of great h series builds here. My son is really liking the 630, so the case is decided. I can still use you guys input on a 2011 mb.

cool!. budget?, what cpu you dropping in it?
Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #753 of 4478
Well I just found a great deal on the case. White, open floor model, but in great condition! I just transferred all my watercooling from my previous zalman 11. I might reconstruct the loop that made to make look a little better. It's the h220 by swiftech and an extra rad by xspc 120mm phat rad.8u9utu2e.jpgudyvy3y6.jpguda4a5an.jpgese5a8e8.jpg2aju8eba.jpgaqudepa2.jpg
Edited by witeboy07 - 3/9/14 at 11:51am
post #754 of 4478
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeboy07 View Post

Well I just found a great deal on the case. White, open floor model, but in great condition! I just transferred all my watercooling from my previous zalman 11. I might reconstruct the loop that made to make look a little better. It's the h220 by swiftech and an extra rad by xspc 120mm phat rad.8u9utu2e.jpgudyvy3y6.jpguda4a5an.jpgese5a8e8.jpg2aju8eba.jpgaqudepa2.jpg

Welcome! Any reason you didn't mount the 120 rad to the front noctura?

-added
Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #755 of 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasty View Post

I guess that's the best option. Hope the difference with the original paint won't be too visible and that ill manage to make the edge as smooth as can be.
This scares the hell out of me. It's one chance to do it right. If I fail I can buy a new case. :/


I've used Whiteout on the inside bare metal edge. came out okay. but, i needed to touch a few spots on the front finish. The Whiteout didn't match as well.
I bought some white nail polish and try that. Gonna see how that turns out. biggrin.gif

my advise to for clean cut edge is to use a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade with high teeth count. 24TPI.
I used the Bosch blade for stainless steel and it came out perfect. I didn't even need to file or sand the edges except the corners.

Good luck with your case.


-Kirk
Edited by y2kirk - 3/9/14 at 2:13pm
post #756 of 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtgates View Post

Welcome! Any reason you didn't mount the 120 rad to the front noctura?

-added
reason is I'm probably going to get another rad, the current config was made for my previous case. So this was the best way to do it without draining and disconnecting anything!
post #757 of 4478
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeboy07 View Post

reason is I'm probably going to get another rad, the current config was made for my previous case. So this was the best way to do it without draining and disconnecting anything!

Makes sense! smile.gif

Whats to come?
Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #758 of 4478
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael-ocn View Post

If you play around with different fan configurations and take temp measurements, i'd be interested in knowing the results. When i get around to upgrading my pc, I think i'd like to get a gpu with axial fans like you have and probably a closed loop cooler too, so i'm interested in what you end up doing with your cooling setup.

Picked up a AF140 and 2 SP120...both in the "quiet edition"... pleased with the results as it's pretty quiet! Of course maybe i can do better with the temps?

Some thoughts about the AF140: it's quieter than the stock fan from NZXT at 12v, however I still undervolted it... it's a bit LOUDER than the undervolted stock fan, but seems to move a lot more air. I'll take it.

Regarding the SP120s for my H105. The fans do indeed look exactly the same except the color trim and the rubber bumpers. That being said, i ran the stock fans with PWM and now these and i'm seeing similar temps but a good deal less noise. I don't have way to measure but i'm happy with the results.

Sitting here stock i'm OC'd to 4.2 @ 1.225 my temps are sitting at a min of 30c jumping up to a max of 70c under 100% load. I have my PWM set to spin up to 100% at 60c, and at 100% the new SP120s are so much quieter than stock. So basically it looks like I kept my temps about the same and decreased my noise a good amount. I should say that I am particularly neurotic about noise so if i'm happy with this setup... you'll most likely be as well smile.gif

My setup is now the 3 stock NZXT fans (undervolted) intaking at the front, 2x SP120s in push w/ the H105 out of the top, and the one AF140 (undervolted) exhausting warm air out the back.

I'd be open to suggestions from everyone on my temps or opinions... do they suck?

Still waiting for some LEDs but here's my build as of now -

post #759 of 4478
All this and i'm having major issues with USB and W8.1. I'm picking this apart over at MSI's forum...

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=178501.0
post #760 of 4478
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrr View Post

Picked up a AF140 and 2 SP120...both in the "quiet edition"... pleased with the results as it's pretty quiet! Of course maybe i can do better with the temps?

Some thoughts about the AF140: it's quieter than the stock fan from NZXT at 12v, however I still undervolted it... it's a bit LOUDER than the undervolted stock fan, but seems to move a lot more air. I'll take it.

Regarding the SP120s for my H105. The fans do indeed look exactly the same except the color trim and the rubber bumpers. That being said, i ran the stock fans with PWM and now these and i'm seeing similar temps but a good deal less noise. I don't have way to measure but i'm happy with the results.

Sitting here stock i'm OC'd to 4.2 @ 1.225 my temps are sitting at a min of 30c jumping up to a max of 70c under 100% load. I have my PWM set to spin up to 100% at 60c, and at 100% the new SP120s are so much quieter than stock. So basically it looks like I kept my temps about the same and decreased my noise a good amount. I should say that I am particularly neurotic about noise so if i'm happy with this setup... you'll most likely be as well smile.gif

My setup is now the 3 stock NZXT fans (undervolted) intaking at the front, 2x SP120s in push w/ the H105 out of the top, and the one AF140 (undervolted) exhausting warm air out the back.

I'd be open to suggestions from everyone on my temps or opinions... do they suck?

Still waiting for some LEDs but here's my build as of now -


Looks great man, have you tried swapping the front fans with the stock h105 fans under volted front for more sp? might drop a few degrees. The lower cfm you have behind the panels the more sp is needed to be effective. Prob gain 10 db idk try it lol. Love the gpu cable twist btw thumb.gif
Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
Megatron
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8350 Vishera  Asus CHV Formula-Z Diamond 7970 X 2 GSkill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 256gb ssd Samsung Evo 500gb ssd Windows 8.1 24 in LG Led 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Trigger Lepa G1000 NZXT H630 CM Storm Inferno 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
CM Storm Logitech 2.1 System Custom Lighting Cooler Master SGH-6000-KK5R1 Circumaural Storm ... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k Asus Z97Plusi Asus Strix Gtx 980 Adata XPG  
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Samsung Evo  Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Corsair AX 760 
Case
Corsair 380t (Modded) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The NZXT H-Series Club (H630, H440, H230)