Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel 4770K Delid and Upgrade to Water Cooling Dissapointment
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intel 4770K Delid and Upgrade to Water Cooling Dissapointment - Page 4

post #31 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiler2k View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

We have a similar setup I think

I have 2 EK PE 480 with push pull a PMW D5 at mid range for the flow rate. Im using Cougar Vortex fans at around 35% through a Lamptron FC Touch controller. My block is the Supremacy with the naked ivy kit and MX-4 for thermal paste. Im using primochill rigid tubing.

I'm swapping vid cards and Im waiting for the blocks but my benches when I was running my dual GTX770's were as follows.

IBT Extreme = 66C @4.8GHz w 1.35v
Prime 4hr run Blend = 62C @4.8GHz w 1.35v
IBT Extreme = 62C @4.7GHz w 1.25v
Prime 4hr run Blend = 58C @4.7GHz w 1.25v
Idle on both 22C

Ambient ~21 Coolant Temps ~21 On load the coolant temps are about 29 tops for CPU only, if I run the GPU's they increase significantly.

I just got a new chip Im deliding today and tossing in the system tonight so I will run an hour of the small FTT on that and report back results. I ran a quick bench with the lid on with my 4.8GHz settings and I was at around 89C on IBT.

Honestly I'm a little disappointed with the supremacy and the naked Ivy kit as I was expecting better temps (yes I know my temps are good) however, I was getting very similar temps from a Raystorm and CLU between the die and IHS, so I was expecting much better performance going direct die instead of a difference of 1~3C but then again once you have an efficient loop an efficiency of 1~3C's is amazing. I wish I would have kept my Raystorm to test direct die on that and see if there was better performance there.

My water goes

CPU-RAM-RES-Dual D5-sensor-240-480-GPU1-GPU2-MB-480-CPU

Your clock speed and temperature are insane. Still wondering should the water temperature at the CPU outlet higher than the sensor.

If I see the water temp 8 degree higher than the ambient means the entire GPU, CPU, fitting are warm, I mean really warm.

Not sure if my CPU block seat correctly, I have reseated it for like 11 times already, not much change in temperature (about 5 degree less than before the most? Cant recall in detail tho)

Tomorrow Melbourne gonna hit about 40 degree and I don't think I dare to stress my CPU in that kind of weather not when my temperature like this ....

still waiting to hear from you about your new chip smile.gif

I wish you could teach me how you did your 4.7ghz with 1.25 vcore, the most important is you can run blend 4 hours with that....

Please let me you what's your bios setting looks like and is there any tips for OC smile.gif

I am really a new guy, learning learning tongue.gif:p:p
Monster on FIRE
(25 items)
 
NAS
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E3-1240 v3  Asrock Z87E-ITX Asus GTX 660 Ti 2GB Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WESTERN DIGITAL WD30EFRX WD HDD 3.5" SATA3 3TB ... SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SSD Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 All-In-One Performance CPU C... Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition High Air... 
OSPowerCaseOther
windows 8.1 pro 64 bit Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W Fractal Design Node 304 BITSPOWER X-Station Power-Extension I Male Vers... 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster on FIRE
(25 items)
 
NAS
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E3-1240 v3  Asrock Z87E-ITX Asus GTX 660 Ti 2GB Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WESTERN DIGITAL WD30EFRX WD HDD 3.5" SATA3 3TB ... SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SSD Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 All-In-One Performance CPU C... Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition High Air... 
OSPowerCaseOther
windows 8.1 pro 64 bit Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W Fractal Design Node 304 BITSPOWER X-Station Power-Extension I Male Vers... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 93
I know that depending on the pump the temperature can go up by 1 degree right after it leaves the pump on idle however it should level out for a while when the CPU is on load.kc0X8t
post #33 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobitz View Post

I do had a look with this, but it is air cooled with 4.3Ghz OC hotwell chip wuth unknow ambient temperature where water should do better job than this?

Plus my ambient temp is about 25-6 room temp, water temp is about 1-2 degree higher than room temp (and this is what I really concerned about)

My highest temperature while 4.6g oc last check was 80 degree while FPU stressing.

Defiler2k was way way way lower than what I get and it is a ultimate temp I have been looking for with that OC clock speed too.

I almost delided my chip today...but I backed off -.- I was too ***** to knife it down (1st time water cool and too dangerous for me -.-)

What I have been seek about is for given condition my pc is, shall I get better temp than what I am getting before delid or it is the temperature I can get by giving ambient temp and the chip itself.

I will name my system as "HOTWELL"biggrin.gif and I will post it soon.

biggrin.gif:D

That's i5 with ~15c ambient

HT adds >10c too
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 93
Thanks for your clarification smile.gif
How did you managed to get 5G with your 4770k...It is amazing.

Well, it is getting HOT in Melb, and my HOTWELL is even hotter:mad:
Monster on FIRE
(25 items)
 
NAS
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E3-1240 v3  Asrock Z87E-ITX Asus GTX 660 Ti 2GB Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WESTERN DIGITAL WD30EFRX WD HDD 3.5" SATA3 3TB ... SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SSD Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 All-In-One Performance CPU C... Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition High Air... 
OSPowerCaseOther
windows 8.1 pro 64 bit Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W Fractal Design Node 304 BITSPOWER X-Station Power-Extension I Male Vers... 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster on FIRE
(25 items)
 
NAS
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E3-1240 v3  Asrock Z87E-ITX Asus GTX 660 Ti 2GB Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WESTERN DIGITAL WD30EFRX WD HDD 3.5" SATA3 3TB ... SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SSD Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 All-In-One Performance CPU C... Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition High Air... 
OSPowerCaseOther
windows 8.1 pro 64 bit Silverstone ST45SF-G 450W Fractal Design Node 304 BITSPOWER X-Station Power-Extension I Male Vers... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 93
twas a validation

my stable and relatively cool profiles are:

4.5ghz, 1.8vrin (extreme llc) 1.23vid (1.25vcore) ht on

and

4.7ghz, ~2.0vrin(extreme llc), ~1.34vid(1.36vcore) ht off (still ironing out this a little)

With both i use either the turbo multiplier on Uncore (that is 8x idle, 40x load) at 1.2 ring (can maybe do with 1.18) or i use 44x uncore @1.25 ring
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 93
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobitz View Post

Have you ever tried stree the CPU before delid? I am really curies to see if my temperature is in "Normal" range.

Something really weird or I worried the most is, my deminerlised water will stay within 2 degree range comparing to my room temperature.
Is it suppose to be bit warmer?

Please ignore my 1.2v vcore for now as I need way more than that to stable it under prime95. It lead to even higher temperature running latest prime95 v28.1 (I have been told that could surpass the temp AIDA64 FPU can do). Either AIDA64 FPU or prime95 v28.1 small FFT will able to push my core temperature towards 90 degree while the ambient temperature is ~30 C.

Pumps are running at 4800 RMP(highest) and waterflow rate is 5.5L/m average. All fans are running at 100% speed, due to too many fans(non PWM) I have, I can't adjust them by using my lamprton FC5 V2.

Please let me know if my temperature is bad, as I think I should get at least 10 degree less temperature than where I am at the moment without delid.

Also your stable vcore, vring, vrin etc etc setup are more than welcome too.

Cheer mate and thank you for your input again

The CPU I stressed with the temps I gave you ranged around 20C hotter and best I could do was 4.6 on it prior to delid. I couldnt get past that due to the heat. I could run Prime however IBT would go extremely high beyond my comfort zone so I use IBT as my benchmark because in my case it generates the most heat.

On idle, your fluid temperature will be higher when leaving the pump as the motor generates a bit of heat, you should be measuring fluid temps after it leaves the rad and after it leaves the block.

Here is a pic of my settings Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I dont think your temps are bad, can you try to do a Intel Burn Test run to see your peaks? Honestly IBT is much hotter than Prime or anything else in my case.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobitz View Post

I do had a look with this, but it is air cooled with 4.3Ghz OC hotwell chip wuth unknow ambient temperature where water should do better job than this?

Plus my ambient temp is about 25-6 room temp, water temp is about 1-2 degree higher than room temp (and this is what I really concerned about)

My highest temperature while 4.6g oc last check was 80 degree while FPU stressing.

Defiler2k was way way way lower than what I get and it is a ultimate temp I have been looking for with that OC clock speed too.

I almost delided my chip today...but I backed off -.- I was too ***** to knife it down (1st time water cool and too dangerous for me -.-)

What I have been seek about is for given condition my pc is, shall I get better temp than what I am getting before delid or it is the temperature I can get by giving ambient temp and the chip itself.

I will name my system as "HOTWELL"biggrin.gif and I will post it soon.

biggrin.gif:D

What are you looking to do with your PC? Honestly real world performance vs benches like IBT, AIDA and Prime stress the CPU far worse than what normal use does. For me I use my rig for gaming so I focus more on the temps on my video cards, those are the watercooling killers!

Ambient temperatures will always be a factor at idle and play part on load not as much unless you are in a super hot place but if you have decent water cooling you should be good at normal stuff.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobitz View Post

My water goes

CPU-RAM-RES-Dual D5-sensor-240-480-GPU1-GPU2-MB-480-CPU

Your clock speed and temperature are insane. Still wondering should the water temperature at the CPU outlet higher than the sensor.

If I see the water temp 8 degree higher than the ambient means the entire GPU, CPU, fitting are warm, I mean really warm.

Not sure if my CPU block seat correctly, I have reseated it for like 11 times already, not much change in temperature (about 5 degree less than before the most? Cant recall in detail tho)

Tomorrow Melbourne gonna hit about 40 degree and I don't think I dare to stress my CPU in that kind of weather not when my temperature like this ....

still waiting to hear from you about your new chip smile.gif

I wish you could teach me how you did your 4.7ghz with 1.25 vcore, the most important is you can run blend 4 hours with that....

Please let me you what's your bios setting looks like and is there any tips for OC smile.gif

I am really a new guy, learning learning tongue.gif:p:p
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobitz View Post

Have you ever tried stree the CPU before delid? I am really curies to see if my temperature is in "Normal" range.

Something really weird or I worried the most is, my deminerlised water will stay within 2 degree range comparing to my room temperature.
Is it suppose to be bit warmer?

Please ignore my 1.2v vcore for now as I need way more than that to stable it under prime95. It lead to even higher temperature running latest prime95 v28.1 (I have been told that could surpass the temp AIDA64 FPU can do). Either AIDA64 FPU or prime95 v28.1 small FFT will able to push my core temperature towards 90 degree while the ambient temperature is ~30 C.

Pumps are running at 4800 RMP(highest) and waterflow rate is 5.5L/m average. All fans are running at 100% speed, due to too many fans(non PWM) I have, I can't adjust them by using my lamprton FC5 V2.

Please let me know if my temperature is bad, as I think I should get at least 10 degree less temperature than where I am at the moment without delid.

Also your stable vcore, vring, vrin etc etc setup are more than welcome too.

Cheer mate and thank you for your input again

In my experience the temperature of the fluid doesn't change much when just stressing the CPU, maybe goes up by ~5 and that is on a hot day. The dual D5 generates more heat so your fluid temperatures coming off the pump sound normal, I had that same setup and figured I could run the same setup with just one pump as I wasn't concerned with pump redundancy and migrated to a single pump loop.

Your fluid temperature will vary depending on a number of things, the closer it is to ambient the better job your rads are doing about dissipating the heat. Can you report your fluid temps after lets say 20min sustained bench and what is reported as your CPU temp and your ambient temp? Honestly as long as your fluid temps are below 40C you are ok, the danger zone for Acrylic is past 50C as it deforms at 60C.
Beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4770K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 EVGA GTX 780Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840Pro EK Supremacy EK-CoolStream PE 480 CFV12HB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP655-PWM XSPC AX480 EK D5 Xres 140 Windows 8 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Coolermaster 1500 Gold 
Case
Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4770K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 EVGA GTX 780Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840Pro EK Supremacy EK-CoolStream PE 480 CFV12HB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP655-PWM XSPC AX480 EK D5 Xres 140 Windows 8 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Coolermaster 1500 Gold 
Case
Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 93
I'm surprised you're stable and running ok without setting VRIN etc at that kind of vcore
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

I'm surprised you're stable and running ok without setting VRIN etc at that kind of vcore

The only other thing I did was change the load line calibration to extreme. I actually started with higher VRIN voltages and what not but couldn't get stable at all, IBT and prime would BSOD inmediately. Then after a failed bios update and loosing all of my settings I read somewhere to try a VRIN of +5 or so and that is how I landed where I'm at now.
Edited by defiler2k - 12/18/13 at 11:44am
Beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4770K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 EVGA GTX 780Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840Pro EK Supremacy EK-CoolStream PE 480 CFV12HB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP655-PWM XSPC AX480 EK D5 Xres 140 Windows 8 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Coolermaster 1500 Gold 
Case
Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4770K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 EVGA GTX 780Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840Pro EK Supremacy EK-CoolStream PE 480 CFV12HB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP655-PWM XSPC AX480 EK D5 Xres 140 Windows 8 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Coolermaster 1500 Gold 
Case
Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 93
VRIN external override, not ring (not sure if you meant that)
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Insert Name Here
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Asus Maximus VIII Hero Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme 1080ti Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200c16 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Old Seagate HDD Samsung 850 EVO Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E SE Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus PG258Q (240hz + Gsync) WASDKeyboards.com v1 semi custom w/ mx browns, ... Superflower Golden Green HX550 Air540 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G Pro Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro999 View Post

VRIN external override, not ring (not sure if you meant that)

Sorry, yes you are right smile.gif edited the post
Beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4770K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 EVGA GTX 780Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840Pro EK Supremacy EK-CoolStream PE 480 CFV12HB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP655-PWM XSPC AX480 EK D5 Xres 140 Windows 8 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Coolermaster 1500 Gold 
Case
Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-4770K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 EVGA GTX 780Ti Corsair Dominator Platinum  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840Pro EK Supremacy EK-CoolStream PE 480 CFV12HB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP655-PWM XSPC AX480 EK D5 Xres 140 Windows 8 
MonitorMonitorMonitorPower
Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Dell U2312 Coolermaster 1500 Gold 
Case
Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Intel 4770K Delid and Upgrade to Water Cooling Dissapointment