Originally Posted by One_too
Ok!! So far I'm seen only speculation.
I'm not a fanboy, but I'm a Nvidia owner, at least, for the next 2 years. And I'll buy the best card for the money, AMD/Nvidia without a problem.
But I have a few considerations:
- Mantle it will be that good??
- AMD will get the monopoly of GPU's?? Monopolies are always bad for the consumer (overpriced products).
- I'm sure Microsoft an Nvidia will not stand down. How they will react to this??
- Nvidia already have it's own API, I don't see they adopting Mantle. And Microsoft will abandon DirectX??
- DirectX came out to unify gaming. Now will we go in different directions again??
- Were it will be OpenGL in the middle of this??
- And Intel??
I'll see a long path ahead, let's see where it will lead us!!
Hope it's for the best of us consumers!!
Cheers every one!!
no one knows yet...we won't even see it for about two months after BF4's release
If it works...AMD is on track to get a monopoly, but it would only last as long as they had the consoles. Nvidia might get the next gen again.
Your guess as good as mine...my guess is they will pay developers not to use Mantle
Nvidia's API doesn't do much
I believe Direct X actually was invented for CAD software and such...programers just got creative
OpenGL is in the same boat as Direct X
Intel's IGPs are just as incompatible with Mantle as any other non-GCN GPU is.