Hey all - found a way to change colors easy on the new rubber logos.
- tried transparent spray paint, peeled too easy
- tried red plastidip to stick to rubber - looked ugly and uneven when lit
So here's what I ended up doing:
- sand down the rubber using 3000 grit wet dry sandpaper to make logo white
- cut open the logo carefully to expose the two white LEDs and the acrylic sheet that is used to diffuse the LED light all the way across the logo
- used red sharpie to "paint" the acrylic sheet red
The picture exposes the hot spots in the logo a ton, but in person it looks a lot more evenly lit and looks amazing! Much, much better than trying to use any type of paint
Update: Used better camera to get a pic of what it looks like in person
Update: Aluminum tape came in from Amazon and replaced old tape to better cover LED hot spots and even out lighting even more/clean up the final result.
Hope you all enjoy!Edited by jmontalbo - 4/9/17 at 10:28pm