Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Amd Phenom II X4 945 C3 Temprature values
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amd Phenom II X4 945 C3 Temprature values

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I overclocked Phenom II X4 945 cpu about %13. (stock cooler)

And I tested it with prime95 for three minutes and I get this temprature values. 89 celcius.



Are these values normal? Or is it too much? It's about 50 celcius when usage is %1.
And prime95 test for three minutes without overclock maximum temprature is about 75 celcius.
Which means it's increasing 14 celcius with %13 overclocking.
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by katates View Post

I overclocked Phenom II X4 945 cpu about %13. (stock cooler)

And I tested it with prime95 for three minutes and I get this temprature values. 89 celcius.



Are these values normal? Or is it too much? It's about 50 celcius when usage is %1.
And prime95 test for three minutes without overclock maximum temprature is about 75 celcius.
Which means it's increasing 14 celcius with %13 overclocking.

we according to amd, the safe limit for the CPU heat is 62c, that is really weird your getting 70+ with only a 13% OC,

I have mine from 3.4 to 3.8 and I don't go over 56C in games or prime at 100%.
also make sure your voltages are correct, more voltage= more heat but Im sure you know that.
Do you have thermal paste? aftermarket cooler? small case with low airflow? living in a sauna or desert? tongue.gif


edit: also I just noticed, is that a black edition CPU or no? I ask because my CPU that is a BE is stock at 3.4, according to your screen shot your stock was 3.0 and you went up to 3.4 wth.gif
Edited by Sadmoto - 10/4/13 at 1:50pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom FX-8320 4.1Ghz @stock Volts Gigabyte 970A-UD3P Sapphire 7870XT //GPU1.150Ghz//MEM1.5Ghz//10% G.Skil DDR3 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 1TB HD 5x 120MM Fans Coolmaster TX-3 1x 200mm Fan 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64Bit Samsung 32" LCD TV Cyborg Keyboard Seasonic 520W 
CaseMouse
Antec Unknown Gigabyte M6980X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 2.4 Ghz ASUS IPIBL-LA (Berkeley) GT 430 3 GB DDR2 Samsung Sticks 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 32bit Bestec 300W Hp M9040N 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom FX-8320 4.1Ghz @stock Volts Gigabyte 970A-UD3P Sapphire 7870XT //GPU1.150Ghz//MEM1.5Ghz//10% G.Skil DDR3 8gb 1600mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 1TB HD 5x 120MM Fans Coolmaster TX-3 1x 200mm Fan 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 64Bit Samsung 32" LCD TV Cyborg Keyboard Seasonic 520W 
CaseMouse
Antec Unknown Gigabyte M6980X 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 2.4 Ghz ASUS IPIBL-LA (Berkeley) GT 430 3 GB DDR2 Samsung Sticks 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 32bit Bestec 300W Hp M9040N 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
Dude, please don't tell me you're using the stock heatsink and stock thermal paste, you should not be putting that poor Phenom II beyond 65C, please at least change the stock thermal paste before you go overclocking at all.
Boinzy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 2TB barracuda Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX 20in LCD Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
Boinzy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 2TB barracuda Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX 20in LCD Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadmoto View Post

edit: also I just noticed, is that a black edition CPU or no? I ask because my CPU that is a BE is stock at 3.4, according to your screen shot your stock was 3.0 and you went up to 3.4 wth.gif

Its not black edition, I am living in a hot country, thats why values are high. When %100 usage it's 75 celcius without overclocking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

Dude, please don't tell me you're using the stock heatsink and stock thermal paste, you should not be putting that poor Phenom II beyond 65C, please at least change the stock thermal paste before you go overclocking at all.

In hot country I think it is impossible to make it below 65celcius, because its 75c when %100 usage without overclocking
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by katates View Post

Its not black edition, I am living in a hot country, thats why values are high. When %100 usage it's 75 celcius without overclocking.
In hot country I think it is impossible to make it below 65celcius, because its 75c when %100 usage without overclocking

Unless the ambient temp in your room is 45C, you should NOT be getting those temps. Again, are you using the stock thermal paste and stock heatsink?
Edited by Boinz - 10/4/13 at 3:23pm
Boinzy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 2TB barracuda Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX 20in LCD Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
Boinzy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 2TB barracuda Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX 20in LCD Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

Unless the ambient temp in your room is 45C, you should NOT be getting those temps. Again, are you using the stock thermal paste and stock heatsink?

Yes all stock, what about gpu with little overclock, its maximum 84c when usage is %100, and got 3 rear 12cm fan on the case and side panel is plexi
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by katates View Post

Yes all stock, what about gpu with little overclock, its maximum 84c when usage is %100, and got 3 rear 12cm fan on the case and side panel is plexi

Then you need to at least change the thermal paste. GPUs I think you can get away with it. But that seems a little high for a 6850.
Boinzy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 2TB barracuda Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX 20in LCD Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
Boinzy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 2TB barracuda Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Samsung SyncMaster 2043NWX 20in LCD Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Amd Phenom II X4 945 C3 Temprature values