Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs - Page 1031

post #10301 of 12425
@shhek0

Is your board Rev 1.0 or 2.0. It could be a bad flash? Upload your BIOS and I'll have a look at it for you?
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5470 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Palit GTX 260 OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15 4x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
LITEONIT LCT-128M3S SAMSUNG HD502HJ ASUS DRW-24D5MT Zalman CNPS9900 Max 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
5 x 120mm Bitfenix Spectre Black  W7 Ultimate 64 bit ASUS VH222 Antec 650w Earthwatts 
CaseOther
DeepCool Tesseract BF Mid Tower Case USB 3.0 5GB/s 2 Port HUB 20 Pin Port PCi-E Addo... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5450 Asus P5Q Gigabyte GTX 570 SOC OCZ DDR2 1066 Platinum 2 x 2GB 
RAMCoolingOSPower
Kingston HyperX 2 x 1GB DeepCool Gammaxx 400 W7 Ultimate 64 bit CoolerMaster Thunder 700W 
Case
Cooler Master Centurion 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon L5430 Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3 Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X45... 2 x 4GB Corsair XMS3 
CoolingOSCaseOther
ID-COOLING Denmark Series DK-03 Amahi Gigabyte GZM2 4 Port USB 3.0 PCI-E Card 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5470 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Palit GTX 260 OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15 4x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
LITEONIT LCT-128M3S SAMSUNG HD502HJ ASUS DRW-24D5MT Zalman CNPS9900 Max 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
5 x 120mm Bitfenix Spectre Black  W7 Ultimate 64 bit ASUS VH222 Antec 650w Earthwatts 
CaseOther
DeepCool Tesseract BF Mid Tower Case USB 3.0 5GB/s 2 Port HUB 20 Pin Port PCi-E Addo... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5450 Asus P5Q Gigabyte GTX 570 SOC OCZ DDR2 1066 Platinum 2 x 2GB 
RAMCoolingOSPower
Kingston HyperX 2 x 1GB DeepCool Gammaxx 400 W7 Ultimate 64 bit CoolerMaster Thunder 700W 
Case
Cooler Master Centurion 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon L5430 Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3 Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X45... 2 x 4GB Corsair XMS3 
CoolingOSCaseOther
ID-COOLING Denmark Series DK-03 Amahi Gigabyte GZM2 4 Port USB 3.0 PCI-E Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10302 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revhead View Post

@shhek0

Is your board Rev 1.0 or 2.0. It could be a bad flash? Upload your BIOS and I'll have a look at it for you?

My god.. how i have missed it. When i read it Rev 1/2 i knew it was familliar. So went at the official MSI site and saw this:

Rev 1:
- ICS 9LPRS906CGLF clock generator (PLL)
- BIOS 1.xx
- S/N 601-7360-010xxxxxxxxxxx (P35 Neo-F)
- S/N 601-7360-030xxxxxxxxxxx (P35 Neo-FI)

Rev 2:
- ICS 9LPRS908DGLF clock generator (PLL)
- BIOS 2.xx
- S/N 601-7360-040xxxxxxxxxxx (P35 Neo-F)

The PLL is located near PCI_E2, the BIOS version sticker on the EEPROM between SATA ports and southbridge (very small, IMS.1xx = Rev 1, IMS.2xx = Rev 2), the sticker with the S/N on the backside. The Rev also can be identified with a small sticker on PCI2 (010/030 = Rev 1, 040 = Rev 2).

Currently i have a bios v2.1(moded with 771 micro) which is for Rev2 and looking down on my motherboard i saw IMS.130

Damn guys i have kinda lost your time so far frown.gif However thanks very much to everyone who has replied to me.

NOW.. the big question is: how to reflash the bios? I mean i can not go to the bios settings and to set USB device to boot... whenever i go to the BIOS i got rejected(after making some changing and clicking save) and have to again reset the cmos and the only way is to load the defaults by pressing F2(from here i can not even go to bios at all). Thanks in advance guys!!
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10303 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhek0 View Post

My god.. how i have missed it. When i read it Rev 1/2 i knew it was familliar. So went at the official MSI site and saw this:

Rev 1:
- ICS 9LPRS906CGLF clock generator (PLL)
- BIOS 1.xx
- S/N 601-7360-010xxxxxxxxxxx (P35 Neo-F)
- S/N 601-7360-030xxxxxxxxxxx (P35 Neo-FI)

Rev 2:
- ICS 9LPRS908DGLF clock generator (PLL)
- BIOS 2.xx
- S/N 601-7360-040xxxxxxxxxxx (P35 Neo-F)

The PLL is located near PCI_E2, the BIOS version sticker on the EEPROM between SATA ports and southbridge (very small, IMS.1xx = Rev 1, IMS.2xx = Rev 2), the sticker with the S/N on the backside. The Rev also can be identified with a small sticker on PCI2 (010/030 = Rev 1, 040 = Rev 2).

Currently i have a bios v2.1(moded with 771 micro) which is for Rev2 and looking down on my motherboard i saw IMS.130

Damn guys i have kinda lost your time so far frown.gif However thanks very much to everyone who has replied to me.

NOW.. the big question is: how to reflash the bios? I mean i can not go to the bios settings and to set USB device to boot... whenever i go to the BIOS i got rejected(after making some changing and clicking save) and have to again reset the cmos and the only way is to load the defaults by pressing F2(from here i can not even go to bios at all). Thanks in advance guys!!
msi bios 1.10 located from link here? http://soggi.eu/motherboards/msi/P35-Neo.htm and use afuwin located here --->https://ami.com/download-license-agreement/?DownloadFile=AMIBIOS_and_Aptio_AMI_Firmware_Update_Utility.zip Directions here
> http://www.ecs.com.tw/extra/flashutl/afuwin.pdf ? Maybe this will help? U run it from inside windows.
post #10304 of 12425
@shhek0

Here's Rev 1.0 BIOS 1.10 with new Xeon 45mm microcodes added (old ones removed). You are probably best served renaming it something simple before you try flashing.

g33neo_p35neorev1_1.10mod.zip 561k .zip file
Edited by Revhead - 8/22/16 at 4:19pm
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5470 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Palit GTX 260 OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15 4x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
LITEONIT LCT-128M3S SAMSUNG HD502HJ ASUS DRW-24D5MT Zalman CNPS9900 Max 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
5 x 120mm Bitfenix Spectre Black  W7 Ultimate 64 bit ASUS VH222 Antec 650w Earthwatts 
CaseOther
DeepCool Tesseract BF Mid Tower Case USB 3.0 5GB/s 2 Port HUB 20 Pin Port PCi-E Addo... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5450 Asus P5Q Gigabyte GTX 570 SOC OCZ DDR2 1066 Platinum 2 x 2GB 
RAMCoolingOSPower
Kingston HyperX 2 x 1GB DeepCool Gammaxx 400 W7 Ultimate 64 bit CoolerMaster Thunder 700W 
Case
Cooler Master Centurion 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon L5430 Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3 Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X45... 2 x 4GB Corsair XMS3 
CoolingOSCaseOther
ID-COOLING Denmark Series DK-03 Amahi Gigabyte GZM2 4 Port USB 3.0 PCI-E Card 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5470 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Palit GTX 260 OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15 4x2GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
LITEONIT LCT-128M3S SAMSUNG HD502HJ ASUS DRW-24D5MT Zalman CNPS9900 Max 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
5 x 120mm Bitfenix Spectre Black  W7 Ultimate 64 bit ASUS VH222 Antec 650w Earthwatts 
CaseOther
DeepCool Tesseract BF Mid Tower Case USB 3.0 5GB/s 2 Port HUB 20 Pin Port PCi-E Addo... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5450 Asus P5Q Gigabyte GTX 570 SOC OCZ DDR2 1066 Platinum 2 x 2GB 
RAMCoolingOSPower
Kingston HyperX 2 x 1GB DeepCool Gammaxx 400 W7 Ultimate 64 bit CoolerMaster Thunder 700W 
Case
Cooler Master Centurion 5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon L5430 Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3 Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X45... 2 x 4GB Corsair XMS3 
CoolingOSCaseOther
ID-COOLING Denmark Series DK-03 Amahi Gigabyte GZM2 4 Port USB 3.0 PCI-E Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10305 of 12425
Huge thanks!!!! I would not have to mod it myself(thus not making mistakes biggrin.gif). I am night shift today but definitely after some good sleep will get up and flash it finally enjoy this beast(yeas i know we are 2016 but the jump from the e2180 is pretty noticeable biggrin.gif).

Again thanks to all. I will let you know when everything is okay just to know your assistance was not for nothing( i am not going anywhere tongue.gif) thumb.gif
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10306 of 12425
I managed to get my overclock stable with specific voltage values and i reach the point where im comfortable with temperatures. Atm my Fsb is at 353 so as a* resault m ram is rated at 706Mhz. What are the steps to bring them back close to 800Mhz or the best they can do?
post #10307 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehks View Post

I managed to get my overclock stable with specific voltage values and i reach the point where im comfortable with temperatures. Atm my Fsb is at 353 so as a* resault m ram is rated at 706Mhz. What are the steps to bring them back close to 800Mhz or the best they can do?
You've managed about a 5% overclock so far, I'm sure you can do better. smile.gif

What are the idle temperatures, and temperatures under maximum load (eg prime)?

Are you using a stock cooler or something better?

What is the vcore at idle and under load?

Have you tried increasing the RAM frequency? Was it stable? What are the specs of your RAM, and the timings you are using currently?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5450 Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi AP 9600GT 4 GB Buffalo Firestix 
Hard Drive
850 EVO SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5450 Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi AP 9600GT 4 GB Buffalo Firestix 
Hard Drive
850 EVO SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10308 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich22 View Post

You've managed about a 5% overclock so far, I'm sure you can do better. smile.gif

What are the idle temperatures, and temperatures under maximum load (eg prime)?

Are you using a stock cooler or something better?

What is the vcore at idle and under load?

Have you tried increasing the RAM frequency? Was it stable? What are the specs of your RAM, and the timings you are using currently?

At full load im at 75C with 1.275V at Vcore, im using a Gammaxx 200T slightly better than a stock cooler.

If i set the bus speed around 400 +/-1 i cannot get it stable
post #10309 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehks View Post

I managed to get my overclock stable with specific voltage values and i reach the point where im comfortable with temperatures. Atm my Fsb is at 353 so as a* resault m ram is rated at 706Mhz. What are the steps to bring them back close to 800Mhz or the best they can do?
I honestly wouldn't worry about getting the memory speed faster at that fsb setting. U are already between the base speed and next speed down,,this way U still have room for further overclock without overclocking the ram. Friendly name Industry name Peak Transfer Rate
DDR2-533 PC2-4200 4266 MB/s
DDR2-667 PC2-5300 5333 MB/s
DDR2-800 PC2-6400 6400 MB/s
DDR2-1066 PC2-8500 8533 MB/s
post #10310 of 12425
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehks View Post

At full load im at 75C with 1.275V at Vcore, im using a Gammaxx 200T slightly better than a stock cooler.

If i set the bus speed around 400 +/-1 i cannot get it stable
the temp program U R sing, is it reading the tjmaxx as 85, or 100 degrees C? If 85, then 75 is an accurate if kinda warm temp, if 100 then the actual temp of a 75degree reading is only 60 degrees.rolleyes.gif Notice the difference between occt temp reading and hwmonitor (38on hw -53 on occt)
Edited by schuck6566 - 8/24/16 at 9:09am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs