Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs - Page 1034

post #10331 of 12444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich22 View Post

I've not seen a complete Xeon 775 PC for sale... It's probably worth quite a lot less than the sum of its parts! For £200 you can get a far more powerful computer second hand on eBay, but building such a computer would run you more than £200

It is definitely expensive. Currently i am trying to get 6 or 8 GB ddr2 ram.. and the prices are.. second hand 8 gb (2x4 kit) in my country is almost 60-65$. For freaking ddr2. I guess i will go with 4 gigs (2x2) or just 3x 2GB sticks as i wanted to bring life to my pc with as less $ as possible. So far kinda okay. 50$ for gtx 750ti and 25$ for the x5460.

Btw as you advised me to set the vcore. My motherboard would not let me to set it less that 1.3v so i guess i will stick with it. Fan speeds are also quite well right now. I will give it like week or two just to see if everything would be okay(and will do some reading) and wil go for a stable 4.0Ghz clock. Thanks for your help so far guys smile.gifthumb.gif
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10332 of 12444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich22 View Post

I've not seen a complete Xeon 775 PC for sale... It's probably worth quite a lot less than the sum of its parts! For £200 you can get a far more powerful computer second hand on eBay, but building such a computer would run you more than £200

Depends...if you buy locally...you can find better deals. I just missed out on three 775 motherboards, all high end boards, that sold for $50 Canadian, and also came with a couple older GPU. Could have sold the GPU's and ended up with three boards for $20 total. Add some RAM and some cheap Xeons...you'd just never make money at Ebay prices.
post #10333 of 12444
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhek0 View Post

It is definitely expensive. Currently i am trying to get 6 or 8 GB ddr2 ram.. and the prices are.. second hand 8 gb (2x4 kit) in my country is almost 60-65$. For freaking ddr2. I guess i will go with 4 gigs (2x2) or just 3x 2GB sticks as i wanted to bring life to my pc with as less $ as possible. So far kinda okay. 50$ for gtx 750ti and 25$ for the x5460.

Btw as you advised me to set the vcore. My motherboard would not let me to set it less that 1.3v so i guess i will stick with it. Fan speeds are also quite well right now. I will give it like week or two just to see if everything would be okay(and will do some reading) and wil go for a stable 4.0Ghz clock. Thanks for your help so far guys smile.gifthumb.gif
DDR2 is expensive, especially the really good stuff. What clock speed are you running at right now at 1.3v?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5450 Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi AP 9600GT 4 GB Buffalo Firestix 
Hard Drive
850 EVO SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5450 Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi AP 9600GT 4 GB Buffalo Firestix 
Hard Drive
850 EVO SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10334 of 12444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post

Depends...if you buy locally...you can find better deals. I just missed out on three 775 motherboards, all high end boards, that sold for $50 Canadian, and also came with a couple older GPU. Could have sold the GPU's and ended up with three boards for $20 total. Add some RAM and some cheap Xeons...you'd just never make money at Ebay prices.
Yes, buying locally would make more sense as eBay prices are quite horrible, but for me it's not so easy to find. I found local groups where all sorts of things are sold, but no one seems to know what they're selling, which doesn't help the motherboard hunt! Lol.

What kinda places do you look for locally to find such things?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5450 Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi AP 9600GT 4 GB Buffalo Firestix 
Hard Drive
850 EVO SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5450 Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi AP 9600GT 4 GB Buffalo Firestix 
Hard Drive
850 EVO SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10335 of 12444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich22 View Post

DDR2 is expensive, especially the really good stuff. What clock speed are you running at right now at 1.3v?
Stock speed ( 3170 as per bios and cpu-z) and still the lowest i can set from the bios is 1.3v. As for the ddr2 ram i have found now on ebay 4x 2GB kite for 37$ and will probably buy them tomorrow( and the shipment is from 15 to 45 days). With my luck i hope till christmas they would be on the motherboard lol biggrin.gif I just want to make this computer good for the next 3-4 years(and with my usage it is not a hard thing at all) and then maybe even my parents could use it biggrin.gif
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10336 of 12444
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhek0 View Post

Stock speed ( 3170 as per bios and cpu-z) and still the lowest i can set from the bios is 1.3v. As for the ddr2 ram i have found now on ebay 4x 2GB kite for 37$ and will probably buy them tomorrow( and the shipment is from 15 to 45 days). With my luck i hope till christmas they would be on the motherboard lol biggrin.gif I just want to make this computer good for the next 3-4 years(and with my usage it is not a hard thing at all) and then maybe even my parents could use it biggrin.gif
there are some german stores that sell 4x2gb around 40$ shipping included with 5-5-5-18, most chinese have 666-18
post #10337 of 12444
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehks View Post

there are some german stores that sell 4x2gb around 40$ shipping included with 5-5-5-18, most chinese have 666-18

Thanks. Will have a look at ebay. Btw what do you recommend- 4x2gb or 2x4gb? Sorry for the little bit of off-topic with the last couple of comments.
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10338 of 12444
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhek0 View Post

Thanks. Will have a look at ebay. Btw what do you recommend- 4x2gb or 2x4gb? Sorry for the little bit of off-topic with the last couple of comments.
That's about half the price of good branded stuff on eBay in the uk- good price!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5450 Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi AP 9600GT 4 GB Buffalo Firestix 
Hard Drive
850 EVO SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5450 Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi AP 9600GT 4 GB Buffalo Firestix 
Hard Drive
850 EVO SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10339 of 12444
Quote:
Originally Posted by shhek0 View Post

Stock speed ( 3170 as per bios and cpu-z) and still the lowest i can set from the bios is 1.3v. As for the ddr2 ram i have found now on ebay 4x 2GB kite for 37$ and will probably buy them tomorrow( and the shipment is from 15 to 45 days). With my luck i hope till christmas they would be on the motherboard lol biggrin.gif I just want to make this computer good for the next 3-4 years(and with my usage it is not a hard thing at all) and then maybe even my parents could use it biggrin.gif
Remind me, did you try any overclocking successfully yet? You'll want to work your way up to 4ghz
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5450 Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi AP 9600GT 4 GB Buffalo Firestix 
Hard Drive
850 EVO SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5450 Asus P5B Deluxe Wifi AP 9600GT 4 GB Buffalo Firestix 
Hard Drive
850 EVO SSD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10340 of 12444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich22 View Post

Remind me, did you try any overclocking successfully yet? You'll want to work your way up to 4ghz

Still not because this would be like the first time. I have overclocked the previous cpu(e2180) but it was like 5 years ago. So first i would do some reading and then will start.
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 Crosshair VI Hero ASUS Strix RX 580 8GB 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung HDD 500GB Kingston SSD 240GB UV400 AMD Wraith Spire LED 2x NF-S12B redux 1200rpm  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Philips 190C 1280x1024 lol  А4tech Bloody B418 Corsair CX650M 
CaseMouse
Deepcool Tesseract BF Steelseries Rival 100 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5460 MSI P35 Neo ATI Radeon HD3850 256MB DDR3 8 GB DRR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250 GB Hitachi 7200rpm 8MB ID-Cooling SE-213v2 Windows 7 Asus VW190DE 
Power
Raidmax GPC-500 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs