Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs - Page 1185

post #11841 of 12061
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris89 View Post

Right on. It's working fine. There is a sensor on the Winbond reporting from AIDA 90-92C. I think it's incorrect?

I could get the system stable at 3.3Ghz and pass Intelburntest, yet would reset bios after restart and such stuff. I even turned up the voltages and it didn't fix it. I apologize for the perceived trolling. I'm only just sort-of reviewing them both. Since no one ever owned an Opteron 1389 and never ever received not one bit of publicity. It's a rare Gem not many are aware of.
That's what this ENTIRE section here is for... --> http://www.overclock.net/f/9/amd rolleyes.gif
post #11842 of 12061
Finally, after 10 days of testing stability through daily use, i went from 4,2ghz ,135650v to 4,3ghz, 1,40650v. 3 days now.

It passes Lynx 20x2 passes (with high temps though, 25ºC ambient room, almost all the time over 85ºC even with 120mm AIO), but it fails Prime95. one of the cores gives error. IBT needs more voltage to pass, since IBT shows inestability result (not BSOD) begining the 8th test. It will pass it at 1,41250v (but i don't want to go over Lynx voltage).
It was weird, because as it was passing Lynx, the Temps were almost always over 85ºC but the CPU was not thermalthrottling. If Tjmax is 85ºC I assumed that going over that would get thermal throttling, but indeed that did not happen. Any comment about this??

I've been reading about Lynx for hours, and the typical comment is: Lynx and IBT stable, Prime95 fails.

Any tip about this issue?? summer is coming, and here in Spain, almost by the sea, we can get as high as 40ºC in the road, so i should go down on the vcore if i want to keep the AIO in the lowest performance setting for low noise. I did not get any BSOD going for 1,38750v on the vcore.

And "bonus".

see this pictures:

https://i.imgur.com/OZxwG6W.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5MVg8BI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/akfLgwK.jpg

they say this was rock solid: http://valid.canardpc.com/p0xa5t

watch this: http://valid.canardpc.com/k2qmie

This pics are from a Spanish forum. I don't think those CPU's are stable at all at those vcores. What do you think??
post #11843 of 12061
It can be... I was able to get mine at 4.1Ghz at 1.31V but had no RAM to follow it...
CaveMonkey Rig
(15 items)
 
OldSchool Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX980Ti Classified  2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 256GB M.2 SSD Crucial MX100 256GB Be Quiet Dark Pro 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama - ProLite XUB3490WQSU-B1 Ducky Mini Brown Switches Corsair RM850i Fractal Design Define R5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectre Qpad CT OldGents.se Creative SoundBlaster Z + Edifier Studio R1600T... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 175 DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra DR BFG 8800GTS 512MB OC2 (G92) 2x1GB DDR PC4000 GSKILL F1 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Seagate 320GB 7200.11 SP Shythe Katana II WinXP Pro SP3 Duky Zero Red Swithes 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 500W Lian Li PC-A05FNB Logitech G300 QPad 
Audio
Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600@3.2Ghz DFI P45 Lanparty Dark T2RS Plus XFX GTX260 2*2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston V300 60GB Zalman CNPS X10 Windows 7 x86 Dell 19'' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Duky Zero Red Swithes Enermax 625W Pro+ NZXT S340 Black Logitech G300 
Mouse PadAudio
QPAD Creative Audigy Z2 Mod 
  hide details  
Reply
CaveMonkey Rig
(15 items)
 
OldSchool Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX980Ti Classified  2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 256GB M.2 SSD Crucial MX100 256GB Be Quiet Dark Pro 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama - ProLite XUB3490WQSU-B1 Ducky Mini Brown Switches Corsair RM850i Fractal Design Define R5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectre Qpad CT OldGents.se Creative SoundBlaster Z + Edifier Studio R1600T... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 175 DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra DR BFG 8800GTS 512MB OC2 (G92) 2x1GB DDR PC4000 GSKILL F1 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Seagate 320GB 7200.11 SP Shythe Katana II WinXP Pro SP3 Duky Zero Red Swithes 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 500W Lian Li PC-A05FNB Logitech G300 QPad 
Audio
Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600@3.2Ghz DFI P45 Lanparty Dark T2RS Plus XFX GTX260 2*2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston V300 60GB Zalman CNPS X10 Windows 7 x86 Dell 19'' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Duky Zero Red Swithes Enermax 625W Pro+ NZXT S340 Black Logitech G300 
Mouse PadAudio
QPAD Creative Audigy Z2 Mod 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11844 of 12061
My new Evga psu has arrived!

Did some tests with my cpu @ 4.71GHz

I get 508 cb in Cinebench if i turn off all programs running like core temp,msi afterburner & so on.





Edited by Tnlgg - 4/12/17 at 3:36am
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11845 of 12061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnlgg View Post

My new Evga psu has arrived!

Did some tests with my cpu @ 4.71GHz





in all honesty, i did publish some other staff in my previous post, making the point that publishing just numbers, without those being stable or viable as 24/7 rig, is just a bit nonsense. I mean, i can go around 4,7ghz on my xeon at almost 1,5v ish and publish some small test like CPU-Z bench, superPi, CPU Queen or even i can manage to pass a Cinebench R15 (if lucky), but what's the point of that, if at any moment i can get a BSOD??

this is an example of what i'm talking about: http://valid.canardpc.com/7l7zrn do you really think this CPU can pass IBT, Lynx or Prime? no!!!. that CPU is not stable, at all.

Is overclocking for us (not applied for professionals) only getting the max CPU speed possible even if that implies not being stable, nearly at all ?? i don't think so.

I mean....it would be nice, imo, if anybody who posts just adds the real info, like: This is my rig, it's for showing off purposes , it's not stable at the settings shown, take this info as with a bit of salt.

I can pass as many Cinebench R15 as you want on my X5460 at 4,3ghz 1,38750, or maybe even less voltage. I can be browsing, watching a youtube video, listening to music and running Cinebench R15 all together and still pass it without a problem, i have screenshots. But to be stable in Lynx, i need to go to 1.40650 and preferably 1,41250 to pass the test (IBT will eventually fail, Lynx goes nice, and prime definitely fails), because other than that vcore is just a BSOD.
Moreover, i can pass as many R15 bench on my X5460 at 4.3ghz with the AIO in the lowest performance setting as you want, not going over 65ºC, but in lynx or prime or IBT i will need full performance of the AIO, side panel off, and i will still go well over max Tjmax.
I don't get the point, honestly, of posting images of non stable rigs, unless you say that that is not stable.

Don't get me wrong please. What i'm trying to say, is that if you , or me, or anybody posts results, there is a big probability that people will take for granted that every X5470 is 24/7 stable at 4,7ghz with bareable temps, Or that you can get an X5460 and go up to 4,7ghz rock solid. That's not true, and i think we should be very serious on this matter.

it would be very easy for me to post just some manipulated results of my X5460 going at 4,6ghz just showing CPU-Z. But i don't think i am doing any favour to this post, no matter the reason which you though to do that.

i have no problem in seeing screenshots of high numbers in oced xeons , as far as you explain exactly what we see. Because if we dont, we just get a very bad perception of this.

And to begin with, i apply exactly what i've said to myself


Edited by Piskeante - 4/12/17 at 6:08am
post #11846 of 12061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piskeante View Post

in all honesty, i did publish some other staff in my previous post, making the point that publishing just numbers, without those being stable or viable as 24/7 rig, is just a bit nonsense. I mean, i can go around 4,7ghz on my xeon at almost 1,5v ish and publish some small test like CPU-Z bench, superPi, CPU Queen or even i can manage to pass a Cinebench R15 (if lucky), but what's the point of that, if at any moment i can get a BSOD??

this is an example of what i'm talking about: http://valid.canardpc.com/7l7zrn do you really think this CPU can pass IBT, Lynx or Prime? no!!!. that CPU is not stable, at all.

Is overclocking for us (not applied for professionals) only getting the max CPU speed possible even if that implies not being stable, nearly at all ?? i don't think so.

I mean....it would be nice, imo, if anybody who posts just adds the real info, like: This is my rig, it's for showing off purposes , it's not stable at the settings shown, take this info as with a bit of salt.

I can pass as many Cinebench R15 as you want on my X5460 at 4,3ghz 1,38750, or maybe even less voltage. I can be browsing, watching a youtube video, listening to music and running Cinebench R15 all together and still pass it without a problem, i have screenshots. But to be stable in Lynx, i need to go to 1.40650 and preferably 1,41250 to pass the test (IBT will eventually fail, Lynx goes nice, and prime definitely fails), because other than that vcore is just a BSOD.
Moreover, i can pass as many R15 bench on my X5460 at 4.3ghz with the AIO in the lowest performance setting as you want, not going over 65ºC, but in lynx or prime or IBT i will need full performance of the AIO, side panel off, and i will still go well over max Tjmax.
I don't get the point, honestly, of posting images of non stable rigs, unless you say that that is not stable.

Don't get me wrong please. What i'm trying to say, is that if you , or me, or anybody posts results, there is a big probability that people will take for granted that every X5470 is 24/7 stable at 4,7ghz with bareable temps, Or that you can get an X5460 and go up to 4,7ghz rock solid. That's not true, and i think we should be very serious on this matter.

it would be very easy for me to post just some manipulated results of my X5460 going at 4,6ghz just showing CPU-Z. But i don't think i am doing any favour to this post, no matter the reason which you though to do that.

i have no problem in seeing screenshots of high numbers in oced xeons , as far as you explain exactly what we see. Because if we dont, we just get a very bad perception of this.

And to begin with, i apply exactly what i've said to myself


I did not say its stable,i just tested my new psu.
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11847 of 12061
A disclaimer would be helpful. I was also mislead by seeing various X5470 being shown at 4.6GHz+ but to my dismay, I could barely do prime95 at 4.44GHz under a custom water loop. There are really two kinds of overclockers -- those who care and those don't. biggrin.gif
 
LGA775 X5470
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K 4.9GHz @1.375v Maximus VII Gene MSI 980TI 6G 1493/8190 2x8GB Trident X 2666C11 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x8GB Trident X 2933C12 Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB WD Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB Intel 530 120GB 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
480mm Radiator Custom Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Gentoo Linux 64 Multi-Lib Acer Predator XB271UH 165Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic 660XP2 Platinum Silverstone FT03 Logitech G502 
Audio
Supreme FX II 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
X5470 4GHz (stock) GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA 8800GT Akimbo 1GB EVGA 9800 GTX+ 512MB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCase
8GB 4x2GB GSkill 1066MHz DDR2 Toshiba 160GB SATA CM Hyper 212 EVO Centurion 534 
  hide details  
Reply
 
LGA775 X5470
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K 4.9GHz @1.375v Maximus VII Gene MSI 980TI 6G 1493/8190 2x8GB Trident X 2666C11 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x8GB Trident X 2933C12 Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB WD Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB Intel 530 120GB 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
480mm Radiator Custom Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Gentoo Linux 64 Multi-Lib Acer Predator XB271UH 165Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic 660XP2 Platinum Silverstone FT03 Logitech G502 
Audio
Supreme FX II 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
X5470 4GHz (stock) GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA 8800GT Akimbo 1GB EVGA 9800 GTX+ 512MB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCase
8GB 4x2GB GSkill 1066MHz DDR2 Toshiba 160GB SATA CM Hyper 212 EVO Centurion 534 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11848 of 12061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnlgg View Post

I did not say its stable,i just tested my new psu.

You can test your CPU as much as you want, with new or old PSU, but it would be nice if we all posted images saying "this is, or this is not stable".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouacyk View Post

A disclaimer would be helpful. I was also mislead by seeing various X5470 being shown at 4.6GHz+ but to my dismay, I could barely do prime95 at 4.44GHz under a custom water loop. There are really two kinds of overclockers -- those who care and those don't. biggrin.gif

That was exactly my point. I've been reading 196 pages of the Spanish forum talking about this Xeon mod, and much of the info there is bull****, since almost no one says if their actual rig is stable. They just say enormous amounts of speed, with no stability.

It's very easy. You want to post an X5470 at 5ghz? well, let's rock that!! but in the end say: hey mates, this was not stable in any way, i was just playing around. Because if you don't say it, you may be telling people info that is not real.

Btw, i don't think an X5460 will go stable at over 4,4ghz (stable means IBT, Lynx and prime95 , all or at least one of them). If you won the lottery, maybe 4,5ghz stable would be a great chip.

As for X5470, i think 4,7ghz stable is a lottery win, since nearly all stable x5470 i've seen where just over 4,5ghz stable. Not seen any over that.

Tnlgg has a very good chip. Would you please tell us which is your best stable result? i would thank you a lot to do that effort. your vid is 1,2375 so i think your chip can be stable at 4,6ghz at like.....1,45v ish.

Hope you do it mate.
Edited by Piskeante - 4/12/17 at 8:31am
post #11849 of 12061
In response to several post above this. Yes,stating "beta setting" or something similar would be nice. BUT! We have a problem when we say "Stable @ 243.8GHz with .003v" for example because there are Sooo many definitions of STABLE! (the above clock was sarcasm for those who missed it...) Do we use IBT to say it's stable?Prime95? OCCT? RealWorld performance of the computer?(It plays all my games,does all my video encoding AND browses the web without crashing..) 1 persons stable is anothers just getting started. All we can do @ this stage is take a majority of clocks,figure what they tested @ and try to improve. 1 friend doesn't use Prime95 because he says it's a torture test,and NOT likely to be what you'd encounter in real usage. I can see his point somewhat,how often are we using 100% of our cpu for more than 3 hours straight? (Most of my Prime95 core failures happen AFTER 3 hours run time) That's why I figure if I get @ least 3 hours of Prime95 blend running time then it's stable for me. I like CinebenchR15 because it lets me ck the cpu AND the graphics combined,which is my main thing. (I'm NOT doing music,ect.Just basicly gaming and internet.) And believe it or not,the various video test are also a nice way to test because they also contain test for the cpu alone. (3dmark for example) If it crashes or performs lower with a new OC,U know there's a problem U need to address. Meanwhile,it doesn't do us any good to jump on other members who are posting figures(I remember he WAS stable @ lower clock,and blew the psu when he was going for a higher OC)they are happy about. LOL, Some of the Early adopters of this mod believed you wouldn't be able to get past 3.4-3.6 without going past the 1.35v and be stable. many have proven that wrong. So,let's all just enjoy our mods,and work for what gives EACH of us the best comp performance experiance. wink.gif
Edit: If the above mentioned program Lynx is actually LinX then you can ALSO run the Lin Pac option in OCCT which makes THAT just about as effective a test.
Edited by schuck6566 - 4/12/17 at 9:12am
post #11850 of 12061
 
LGA775 X5470
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K 4.9GHz @1.375v Maximus VII Gene MSI 980TI 6G 1493/8190 2x8GB Trident X 2666C11 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x8GB Trident X 2933C12 Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB WD Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB Intel 530 120GB 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
480mm Radiator Custom Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Gentoo Linux 64 Multi-Lib Acer Predator XB271UH 165Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic 660XP2 Platinum Silverstone FT03 Logitech G502 
Audio
Supreme FX II 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
X5470 4GHz (stock) GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA 8800GT Akimbo 1GB EVGA 9800 GTX+ 512MB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCase
8GB 4x2GB GSkill 1066MHz DDR2 Toshiba 160GB SATA CM Hyper 212 EVO Centurion 534 
  hide details  
Reply
 
LGA775 X5470
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4790K 4.9GHz @1.375v Maximus VII Gene MSI 980TI 6G 1493/8190 2x8GB Trident X 2666C11 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x8GB Trident X 2933C12 Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB WD Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB Intel 530 120GB 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
480mm Radiator Custom Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Gentoo Linux 64 Multi-Lib Acer Predator XB271UH 165Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710+ Seasonic 660XP2 Platinum Silverstone FT03 Logitech G502 
Audio
Supreme FX II 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
X5470 4GHz (stock) GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA 8800GT Akimbo 1GB EVGA 9800 GTX+ 512MB 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCase
8GB 4x2GB GSkill 1066MHz DDR2 Toshiba 160GB SATA CM Hyper 212 EVO Centurion 534 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs