Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs - Page 1186

post #11851 of 12072
There's 2 kinds of Overclockers...

The ones who only care about rock solid overclocks for 24/7 usage, and the ones that want to take their CPU's to the limit!!!

That being said, well done @Tnlgg, that is a respectful overclock!
CaveMonkey Rig
(15 items)
 
OldSchool Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX980Ti Classified  2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 256GB M.2 SSD Crucial MX100 256GB Be Quiet Dark Pro 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama - ProLite XUB3490WQSU-B1 Ducky Mini Brown Switches Corsair RM850i Fractal Design Define R5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectre Qpad CT OldGents.se Creative SoundBlaster Z + Edifier Studio R1600T... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 175 DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra DR BFG 8800GTS 512MB OC2 (G92) 2x1GB DDR PC4000 GSKILL F1 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Seagate 320GB 7200.11 SP Shythe Katana II WinXP Pro SP3 Duky Zero Red Swithes 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 500W Lian Li PC-A05FNB Logitech G300 QPad 
Audio
Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600@3.2Ghz DFI P45 Lanparty Dark T2RS Plus XFX GTX260 2*2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston V300 60GB Zalman CNPS X10 Windows 7 x86 Dell 19'' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Duky Zero Red Swithes Enermax 625W Pro+ NZXT S340 Black Logitech G300 
Mouse PadAudio
QPAD Creative Audigy Z2 Mod 
  hide details  
Reply
CaveMonkey Rig
(15 items)
 
OldSchool Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX980Ti Classified  2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 256GB M.2 SSD Crucial MX100 256GB Be Quiet Dark Pro 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama - ProLite XUB3490WQSU-B1 Ducky Mini Brown Switches Corsair RM850i Fractal Design Define R5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectre Qpad CT OldGents.se Creative SoundBlaster Z + Edifier Studio R1600T... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 175 DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra DR BFG 8800GTS 512MB OC2 (G92) 2x1GB DDR PC4000 GSKILL F1 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Seagate 320GB 7200.11 SP Shythe Katana II WinXP Pro SP3 Duky Zero Red Swithes 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 500W Lian Li PC-A05FNB Logitech G300 QPad 
Audio
Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600@3.2Ghz DFI P45 Lanparty Dark T2RS Plus XFX GTX260 2*2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston V300 60GB Zalman CNPS X10 Windows 7 x86 Dell 19'' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Duky Zero Red Swithes Enermax 625W Pro+ NZXT S340 Black Logitech G300 
Mouse PadAudio
QPAD Creative Audigy Z2 Mod 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11852 of 12072
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuck6566 View Post

In response to several post above this. Yes,stating "beta setting" or something similar would be nice. BUT! We have a problem when we say "Stable @ 243.8GHz with .003v" for example because there are Sooo many definitions of STABLE! (the above clock was sarcasm for those who missed it...) Do we use IBT to say it's stable?Prime95? OCCT? RealWorld performance of the computer?(It plays all my games,does all my video encoding AND browses the web without crashing..) 1 persons stable is anothers just getting started. All we can do @ this stage is take a majority of clocks,figure what they tested @ and try to improve. 1 friend doesn't use Prime95 because he says it's a torture test,and NOT likely to be what you'd encounter in real usage. I can see his point somewhat,how often are we using 100% of our cpu for more than 3 hours straight? (Most of my Prime95 core failures happen AFTER 3 hours run time) That's why I figure if I get @ least 3 hours of Prime95 blend running time then it's stable for me. I like CinebenchR15 because it lets me ck the cpu AND the graphics combined,which is my main thing. (I'm NOT doing music,ect.Just basicly gaming and internet.) And believe it or not,the various video test are also a nice way to test because they also contain test for the cpu alone. (3dmark for example) If it crashes or performs lower with a new OC,U know there's a problem U need to address. Meanwhile,it doesn't do us any good to jump on other members who are posting figures(I remember he WAS stable @ lower clock,and blew the psu when he was going for a higher OC)they are happy about. LOL, Some of the Early adopters of this mod believed you wouldn't be able to get past 3.4-3.6 without going past the 1.35v and be stable. many have proven that wrong. So,let's all just enjoy our mods,and work for what gives EACH of us the best comp performance experiance. wink.gif
Edit: If the above mentioned program Lynx is actually LinX then you can ALSO run the Lin Pac option in OCCT which makes THAT just about as effective a test.

Yes Prime95/IBT/OCCT is torture,if it runs all the benchmarks & games(cpu intensive)then its stable,no need to torture it for 24/48h.

I did prime95 test for 24h+ with my Q9550 years ago.

Now i try to get my X5470 @ 4.7GHz run all the games & benchmarks,so far it passes Metro LL benchmark,GTA 5 benchmark,Cinebench R15,Fire Strike,BF 4 & so on,will need to test one last game & thats BF 1.
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11853 of 12072
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuck6566 View Post

In response to several post above this. Yes,stating "beta setting" or something similar would be nice. BUT! We have a problem when we say "Stable @ 243.8GHz with .003v" for example because there are Sooo many definitions of STABLE! (the above clock was sarcasm for those who missed it...) Do we use IBT to say it's stable?Prime95? OCCT? RealWorld performance of the computer?(It plays all my games,does all my video encoding AND browses the web without crashing..) 1 persons stable is anothers just getting started. All we can do @ this stage is take a majority of clocks,figure what they tested @ and try to improve. 1 friend doesn't use Prime95 because he says it's a torture test,and NOT likely to be what you'd encounter in real usage. I can see his point somewhat,how often are we using 100% of our cpu for more than 3 hours straight? (Most of my Prime95 core failures happen AFTER 3 hours run time) That's why I figure if I get @ least 3 hours of Prime95 blend running time then it's stable for me. I like CinebenchR15 because it lets me ck the cpu AND the graphics combined,which is my main thing. (I'm NOT doing music,ect.Just basicly gaming and internet.) And believe it or not,the various video test are also a nice way to test because they also contain test for the cpu alone. (3dmark for example) If it crashes or performs lower with a new OC,U know there's a problem U need to address. Meanwhile,it doesn't do us any good to jump on other members who are posting figures(I remember he WAS stable @ lower clock,and blew the psu when he was going for a higher OC)they are happy about. LOL, Some of the Early adopters of this mod believed you wouldn't be able to get past 3.4-3.6 without going past the 1.35v and be stable. many have proven that wrong. So,let's all just enjoy our mods,and work for what gives EACH of us the best comp performance experiance. wink.gif
Edit: If the above mentioned program Lynx is actually LinX then you can ALSO run the Lin Pac option in OCCT which makes THAT just about as effective a test.

I do aggree, that's why i did not say any state about what is for me stable. I just said we can take linx, prime95 or IBT all or just one of them as a reference. Because in fact, there is not a single overclocked cpu that can be said to be 100% stable. Many people have many issues running different synthetic test. I can pass Linx but cannot pass Prime95. And IBT fails in the 9th test randomly, sometimes pass sometimes fails, but that can be solved easily by adding 0,00650v to the vcore (happened before while scaling).

In fact, when the IBT test fails, it tells you that that doesn't mean you are not stable in the vast majority of other test. But, anyway, i just wanted to point out that some kind of real info about the oc is necessary and desirable , because it gives us info about what to expect of a CPU if we were to buy another one or get the first one.


see this picture??

while i'm writing this, i am using the exact same vcore as i used to pass linx at 4,3ghz, and i can pass as many Cinebench R15 as you want at 1,41250v at 4,4ghz, but that doesn't mean i have a stable cpu. In fact, if i try 4,4ghz at 1,41250 (which is what i used to pass cinebench at 4,4ghz), i will get a bsod, no matter if i try prime, linx or ibt, i will fail. Cinebench at 4,4ghz does not even pull more than 1,416v from the core, while linx pulled 1,432v at 4,3ghz. Cinebench cannot be a rule of the thumb.

Does this mean that if i manage to play games, browse the web, watch films or see 4k youtube videos, am i stable while i know exactly i will fail any synthetic test??? NO!!. And that's my point. There is not a single argument to say that if you can do what you normally do that's stable. This doesn't work like this. Or at least, i do not aggree with that statement. Because if that was right, i can be stable at 4,5ghz, and that's not true, not even not having bsod.

If you have your CPU at 4,7ghz and for you it's perfectly fine, it does what you need and you do have no problems at all, i have no problem in that. But, i think it's fair for others to say:

"For me it's fine, but this CPU will not pass any synthetic test". Problem addressed!! At this point, him telling me this, i know that a fairly good X5470 with a vid of 1.2375v is not stable at 4,7ghz running stress tests.

That's what it's about all this, isn't it??

And i'm sure that Tnlgg considered my comment not offensive, and if it was, i apologize sincerely, that was not my intention.
Edited by Piskeante - 4/12/17 at 12:24pm
post #11854 of 12072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnlgg View Post

will need to test one last game & thats BF 1.

Hi, if u can get these, try Quantum Break and Deus Ex Mankind Divided, MAFIA 3, i think these are the real challenge! BF1 is not a cpu hungry game at all...

my E5450 @ 4Ghz vs 8GB DRR2 1066Mhz and R9 280X 3GB
runs:
Quantum Break (maxed out settings) aprox 10-15FPS biggrin.gif
Deus EX the same... biggrin.gif

Its strange, I can test/play any game for many hours and all's ok, but if i run prime BLEND, few minutes and a core stops.. biggrin.gif

so i have two settings 1> 3,8Ghz perfectly stable for 24/7 use and 2> 4Ghz (@1.29Vcore, that's max i can go with air cooling CNP9700, otherwise pc shuts down when running IBT 10tests or prime Small FFT longer times:D) for gaming, i will say stable and not stable in the same time.. biggrin.gif
Edited by iLikeBoobs - 4/12/17 at 12:50pm
post #11855 of 12072
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikeBoobs View Post

Hi, if u can get these, try Quantum Break and Deus Ex Mankind Divided, MAFIA 3, i think these are the real challenge! BF1 is not a cpu hungry game at all...

my E5450 @ 4Ghz vs 8GB DRR2 1066Mhz and R9 280X 3GB
runs:
Quantum Break (maxed out settings) aprox 10-15FPS biggrin.gif
Deus EX the same... biggrin.gif

Its strange, I can test/play any game for many hours and all's ok, but if i run prime BLEND, few minutes and a core stops.. biggrin.gif

so i have two settings 1> 3,8Ghz perfectly stable for 24/7 use and 2> 4Ghz (@1.29Vcore, that's max i can go with air cooling CNP9700, otherwise pc shuts down when running IBT 10tests or prime Small FFT longer times:D) for gaming, i will say stable and not stable in the same time.. biggrin.gif

well, the most demanding game is any of the triple A you can buy at the lowest resolution. BF1 is a well known CPU intensive game. if you play at 1080p with full settings, you may get more a GPU bottleneck rather than CPU bottleneck. The same goes for 1440p and 4k resolutions. The more resolution you use, the more GPU bottleneck you get.

That was the trick that AMD used for Ryzen launch, since BF1 was shown only in 4k, where there is a massive GPU bottleneck to say that Ryzen 7 and 6900K were almost the same performance. Once every youtuber got those samples and used 1080P, they saw that in fact Ryzen could not compete with i7 7700K in games where GHz and IPC were more important than cores.

BF1 is a rather different game, since it uses as many cores as you have. Mafia III for me is a very CPU intensive game, but for me, the most intensive CPU game i've ever tested is, by a large margin Assassins Creed, specially the last 2 ones. i have Assassins Creed Unity, and almost all the time CPU is at 100% load (even playing at 4,2ghz).

i would try that one also if you have it
post #11856 of 12072
I would run Prime95,IBT if i could,but its not working even on stock clocks for some reason.

I have no BSODs at 4.7GHz,so ill play BF1 at max settings,singleplayer,dont play mp.
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11857 of 12072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnlgg View Post

I would run Prime95,IBT if i could,but its not working even on stock clocks for some reason.

I have no BSODs at 4.7GHz,so ill play BF1 at max settings,singleplayer,dont play mp.

have you tried Prime95 with small FFt's test?? That tests uses almost no Ram at all, but CPU power. So if it fails, that means cpu needs ,almost for sure, more vcore. It's a way of discarding ram related problems. Prime95 blend is a very exigent stresstest that it's difficult to pass
post #11858 of 12072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piskeante View Post

have you tried Prime95 with small FFt's test?? That tests uses almost no Ram at all, but CPU power. So if it fails, that means cpu needs ,almost for sure, more vcore. It's a way of discarding ram related problems. Prime95 blend is a very exigent stresstest that it's difficult to pass

Set my X5470 to 4GHz 1.24v & runned IBT 10 passes,all fine with max temp at 55c.

Temps are the problem here,ibt produces too much heat,no game will ever do that.
Edited by Tnlgg - 4/13/17 at 4:41am
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11859 of 12072
It passes IBT with vcore at default voltage of 1.23v!

Max temp at 54c.

So there is no point to have it on stock clocks of 3.33GHz if it can be stable with no extra voltage @ 4GHz. & maybe even above.

Now ill go up by 200MHz & test with IBT,dont want to go above 80c.

Strange how it failed even at stock clocks with my old now dead psu & runs fine with my new psu.
Edited by Tnlgg - 4/13/17 at 5:32am
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11860 of 12072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnlgg View Post

It passes IBT with vcore at default voltage of 1.23v!

Max temp at 54c.

So there is no point to have it on stock clocks of 3.33GHz if it can be stable with no extra voltage @ 4GHz. & maybe even above.

Now ill go up by 200MHz & test with IBT,dont want to go above 80c.

Strange how it failed even at stock clocks with my old now dead psu & runs fine with my new psu.
The old psu could have been throwing voltage spikes/drops that were making it fail.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs