Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs - Page 1187

post #11861 of 12080
Status update:
i've tried literally everything. Some values guaranteed a longer stress test (1+ hours) but in most cases it was seemingly random if it fails in 5 minutes or 2 hours.
And there was one thing left: the FSB strap frequency. I've changd it from 400 to 333 and WOW! It was my last move as the ram is 801 mhz this way instead of 800 so i thought this is the least standard. Everything works even if all setting is on auto. And looks like auto is best so Asus did a good job with that "easy overclocking" thing.
With LLC enabled i can even undervolt the CPU with this overclock.
Now it's under extensive testing but 1.26 volts looks stable so far. When i can confirm the best values i'll report back.
Edited by lumpen - 4/13/17 at 9:47am
post #11862 of 12080
i managed to pass cinebench at 4,5ghz this morning. Have played some games, no issues. 500 points in Cinebench R15.



*Disclaimer: this CPU will not pass ANY stresstest at this settings (nor IBT, nor Prime95 , nor Linx), but it's stable in windows by now.
post #11863 of 12080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piskeante View Post

i managed to pass cinebench at 4,5ghz this morning. Have played some games, no issues. 500 points in Cinebench R15.



*Disclaimer: this CPU will not pass ANY stresstest at this settings (nor IBT, nor Prime95 , nor Linx), but it's stable in windows by now.

Nice.

I can pass IBT up to 4.5GHz,everything above is not possible due to the high temps.

I can play the same games without any BSODs at 4.5GHz(IBT stable) & at 4.7GHz(cant run IBT due to the high temps),so at 4.7GHz its not unstable,just cant be tested with my cooling solution.

If the temps would be under 80c i could test.
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11864 of 12080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnlgg View Post

Nice.

I can pass IBT up to 4.5GHz,everything above is not possible due to the high temps.

I can play the same games without any BSODs at 4.5GHz(IBT stable) & at 4.7GHz(cant run IBT due to the high temps),so at 4.7GHz its not unstable,just cant be tested with my cooling solution.

If the temps would be under 80c i could test.

i did try 4,7ghz 1,45v on Bios, BSOD not entering windows (so i would need more vcore)
also Tried 4,6ghz 1,45v on Bios, BSOD not entering windows (so more vcore if you want to)
Tried 4,5 ghz 1,45v PC shut down after starting Linx. The same for IBT (temps related issue)
Tried 4,4ghz 1,45v PC shut down after starting Linx. The same for IBT (temps related issue)


Tried 4,4ghz 1,43250v. IBT fails after the 4th pass( NO BSOD, inestability caution alert). Tried a bit more vcore. got shut down.
i don't think i can test 4,4ghz right now in summer, since today we had almost 32ºC.

so i think i'll go for a 4,4ghz try in winter.

Voltage your are stable at 4,5ghz??
Edited by Piskeante - 4/13/17 at 11:42am
post #11865 of 12080
Since 4.0 ghz was a piece of cake with almost everything on auto and temps below 70 C i 'm wondering if 4.5 is possible with these rams. I just want to make sure the CPU can handle it stable below 85C before OC-ing the ram. Is there a way? At fsb 450 the minimum for ram is 900 so that i can't be sure if the CPU or the ram fails.
post #11866 of 12080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piskeante View Post

i did try 4,7ghz 1,45v on Bios, BSOD not entering windows (so i would need more vcore)
also Tried 4,6ghz 1,45v on Bios, BSOD not entering windows (so more vcore if you want to)
Tried 4,5 ghz 1,45v PC shut down after starting Linx. The same for IBT (temps related issue)
Tried 4,4ghz 1,45v PC shut down after starting Linx. The same for IBT (temps related issue)


Tried 4,4ghz 1,43250v. IBT fails after the 4th pass( NO BSOD, inestability caution alert). Tried a bit more vcore. got shut down.
i don't think i can test 4,4ghz right now in summer, since today we had almost 32ºC.

so i think i'll go for a 4,4ghz try in winter.

Voltage your are stable at 4,5ghz??

For 4.4GHz 1.30v,didnt save the profile for 4.5,but i think it was around 1.35v or so.
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11867 of 12080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnlgg View Post

For 4.4GHz 1.30v,didnt save the profile for 4.5,but i think it was around 1.35v or so.

That actually makes sense.

i needed 1,31250v to do "stable" 4,1ghz (almost 1ghz overclock). You need like 1,30ish to do 4,4ghz (suppose stable) to do a bit more than 1ghz overclock
I needed 1,35650v to do 4,2ghz "stable". You needed like 1,35ish to do 4,5ghz "stable".
i needed 1,41250v to do 4,3ghz (linx stable) . You may need like 1,39ish to do 4,6ghz.

The difference in scaling is related to your vid voltage, since you have a 1,2375 your Cpu works at less voltage than others, so more room for overclocking.

4,7ghz maybe a no go for you since the heat will be massive and your AIO will not be able to handle it, or maybe you can try it out a cold night in winter. My Enermax liqmax II 120S at full performance gives up at 4,3ghz. Too much ambient room for this.

My goal will be 4,4ghz. i will try it out a cold night ni winter.

Just in case someone can answer this: If your CPU is not correctly cooled, you´ll need more voltage to be stable?? If that's the case, (i think it is), if we try in a cold ambient room , maybe we would be able to get more speed at less voltage due to the CPU not overheating.
post #11868 of 12080
had the strangest overclock results ever this week. e5335 stock 2000 1.2v. it overclocks to 2750 with 1.1875v. thats below stock 1.2v. but it wont do anything more with even 1.45.
post #11869 of 12080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piskeante View Post

That actually makes sense.

i needed 1,31250v to do "stable" 4,1ghz (almost 1ghz overclock). You need like 1,30ish to do 4,4ghz (suppose stable) to do a bit more than 1ghz overclock
I needed 1,35650v to do 4,2ghz "stable". You needed like 1,35ish to do 4,5ghz "stable".
i needed 1,41250v to do 4,3ghz (linx stable) . You may need like 1,39ish to do 4,6ghz.

The difference in scaling is related to your vid voltage, since you have a 1,2375 your Cpu works at less voltage than others, so more room for overclocking.

4,7ghz maybe a no go for you since the heat will be massive and your AIO will not be able to handle it, or maybe you can try it out a cold night in winter. My Enermax liqmax II 120S at full performance gives up at 4,3ghz. Too much ambient room for this.

My goal will be 4,4ghz. i will try it out a cold night ni winter.

Just in case someone can answer this: If your CPU is not correctly cooled, you´ll need more voltage to be stable?? If that's the case, (i think it is), if we try in a cold ambient room , maybe we would be able to get more speed at less voltage due to the CPU not overheating.
Can't honestly say, but sounds self defeating,because more voltage =more heat.So even if the ambient temp was lower,more voltage would increase the cpu temp & offset any gain from the lower ambient temps.@ least that's how I'm seeing the logic. Please feel free to let us know.thumb.gif
post #11870 of 12080
Whoops i slipped and this spilled out.. on accident haha wink.gif no more I promise... on $1 board ebay well below default specs haha

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs