Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs - Page 1200

post #11991 of 12078
A few more WR redface.gif Those I got on air stock mb heatsink and a 240 AIO... not optimized and could go higher but given there is no competition, not worth biggrin.gif 555-560 is reachable for sure, the limitation is on the fsb term not the chipset, anbd plenty of room for Vcore...
http://hwbot.org/submission/3536139_bolc_cpu_frequency_xeon_e5405_3302.13_mhz
http://hwbot.org/submission/3535244_bolc_cpu_frequency_xeon_e5410_3806.13_mhz
http://hwbot.org/submission/3536045_bolc_cpu_frequency_xeon_e5420_4095.98_mhz

L5408 and L5420 to follow soon, others later...
post #11992 of 12078
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolc View Post

A few more WR redface.gif Those I got on air stock mb heatsink and a 240 AIO... not optimized and could go higher but given there is no competition, not worth biggrin.gif 555-560 is reachable for sure, the limitation is on the fsb term not the chipset, anbd plenty of room for Vcore...
http://hwbot.org/submission/3536139_bolc_cpu_frequency_xeon_e5405_3302.13_mhz
http://hwbot.org/submission/3535244_bolc_cpu_frequency_xeon_e5410_3806.13_mhz
http://hwbot.org/submission/3536045_bolc_cpu_frequency_xeon_e5420_4095.98_mhz

L5408 and L5420 to follow soon, others later...

Nice list of Xeons you have there. thumb.gif

I have X5470,its a great sample but with my P35 board i cant go that high(5GHz+),max i can take it is at 4.90GHz & that is NOT STABLE.
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11993 of 12078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnlgg View Post

Nice list of Xeons you have there. thumb.gif

I have X5470,its a great sample but with my P35 board i cant go that high(5GHz+),max i can take it is at 4.90GHz & that is NOT STABLE.

what is the vid and batch of yours?
I had one doing 4.4 @ 1.35 v stable on prim95 but sold it by mistaking 2 chips.... I am left with one doing 4.45 @ 1.3875 prim95 stable (Vcore=Vbios, LLC ON on a Asus P45 board).
I am sure I can bench it above 5 Ghz, but not sure if I can beat the WR ar 5.25 Ghz without iced water... will see
post #11994 of 12078
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolc View Post

what is the vid and batch of yours?
I had one doing 4.4 @ 1.35 v stable on prim95 but sold it by mistaking 2 chips.... I am left with one doing 4.45 @ 1.3875 prim95 stable (Vcore=Vbios, LLC ON on a Asus P45 board).
I am sure I can bench it above 5 Ghz, but not sure if I can beat the WR ar 5.25 Ghz without iced water... will see

He needed 1,7v to do that 5,25ghz!!! lol!!. those world records are only for posting into windows and loading cpu-z??
post #11995 of 12078
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolc View Post

what is the vid and batch of yours?
I had one doing 4.4 @ 1.35 v stable on prim95 but sold it by mistaking 2 chips.... I am left with one doing 4.45 @ 1.3875 prim95 stable (Vcore=Vbios, LLC ON on a Asus P45 board).
I am sure I can bench it above 5 Ghz, but not sure if I can beat the WR ar 5.25 Ghz without iced water... will see

VID 1.2375, running at 4GHz on stock voltage.
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
CryMods [ON] OFF
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[X5470 E0 @4.7GHz] [Gigabyte P35 DQ6 / Bios F9] [Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB] [Corsair 8GB DDR2 1066MHz @2.1V] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
[240GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SATA] [Windows 10] [1x AOC G2460PF & 2x AOC G2460VQ6] [Logitech G15] 
PowerCaseMouse
[EVGA 750 GQ] [Lian Li PC-P50] [Logitech RX 1000] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11996 of 12078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnlgg View Post

VID 1.2375, running at 4GHz on stock voltage.

very good chip indeed wink.gif
post #11997 of 12078
Anyone have luck with the ECS nforce 570slit type board with a e5450?
post #11998 of 12078
Hi i have a Xeon e5450 (SLANQ C0) and an Pegatron IPM41-D3, after some days trying to put this motherboard to work with the Xeon i found it very unstable an giving my BSOD's every time i load up the sistem, i moded the bios, installed the operational sistem again and nothing work for this combination of motherboard and Processor, on the bios disabling C1 and EIST is essential for boot the sistem if these options are enabled the SO will freeze on loading, the bios of this IPM41-D3 will only let you alter the RCD, RP and RAS, with will likely alter nothing on the speed of the ram, and you will not be alowed to alter processor voltage only timing for lowering processor speed not increasing, now i have to buy another motherboard e.e if someone can indicate some motherboard DDR3 1333 80W TPD i will be really grateful for the help.
Or if someone has a miraculous magic that will make this IPM41-D3 work with the e5450 xd

What I already did
Mod Bios
Mess with all bios configurations
Reinstalled the OS

After configuring bios i can boot up to windows but weird things like avast modules not getting activated and web pages crashing randomly, corrupted downloads and for last the BSOD's with all sort of error's :q

and sorry for my bad english...
post #11999 of 12078
It could be the power draw from the motherboard not to be good enough to make the Xeon stable...
CaveMonkey Rig
(15 items)
 
OldSchool Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX980Ti Classified  2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 256GB M.2 SSD Crucial MX100 256GB Be Quiet Dark Pro 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama - ProLite XUB3490WQSU-B1 Ducky Mini Brown Switches Corsair RM850i Fractal Design Define R5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectre Qpad CT OldGents.se Creative SoundBlaster Z + Edifier Studio R1600T... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 175 DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra DR BFG 8800GTS 512MB OC2 (G92) 2x1GB DDR PC4000 GSKILL F1 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Seagate 320GB 7200.11 SP Shythe Katana II WinXP Pro SP3 Duky Zero Red Swithes 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 500W Lian Li PC-A05FNB Logitech G300 QPad 
Audio
Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600@3.2Ghz DFI P45 Lanparty Dark T2RS Plus XFX GTX260 2*2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston V300 60GB Zalman CNPS X10 Windows 7 x86 Dell 19'' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Duky Zero Red Swithes Enermax 625W Pro+ NZXT S340 Black Logitech G300 
Mouse PadAudio
QPAD Creative Audigy Z2 Mod 
  hide details  
Reply
CaveMonkey Rig
(15 items)
 
OldSchool Rig
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1700 MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon EVGA GTX980Ti Classified  2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Sandisk 256GB M.2 SSD Crucial MX100 256GB Be Quiet Dark Pro 3 Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
iiyama - ProLite XUB3490WQSU-B1 Ducky Mini Brown Switches Corsair RM850i Fractal Design Define R5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectre Qpad CT OldGents.se Creative SoundBlaster Z + Edifier Studio R1600T... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Opteron 175 DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra DR BFG 8800GTS 512MB OC2 (G92) 2x1GB DDR PC4000 GSKILL F1 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Seagate 320GB 7200.11 SP Shythe Katana II WinXP Pro SP3 Duky Zero Red Swithes 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 500W Lian Li PC-A05FNB Logitech G300 QPad 
Audio
Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600@3.2Ghz DFI P45 Lanparty Dark T2RS Plus XFX GTX260 2*2GB Crucial Ballistix PC6400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston V300 60GB Zalman CNPS X10 Windows 7 x86 Dell 19'' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Duky Zero Red Swithes Enermax 625W Pro+ NZXT S340 Black Logitech G300 
Mouse PadAudio
QPAD Creative Audigy Z2 Mod 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12000 of 12078
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWays View Post

Hi i have a Xeon e5450 (SLANQ C0) and an Pegatron IPM41-D3, after some days trying to put this motherboard to work with the Xeon i found it very unstable an giving my BSOD's every time i load up the sistem, i moded the bios, installed the operational sistem again and nothing work for this combination of motherboard and Processor, on the bios disabling C1 and EIST is essential for boot the sistem if these options are enabled the SO will freeze on loading, the bios of this IPM41-D3 will only let you alter the RCD, RP and RAS, with will likely alter nothing on the speed of the ram, and you will not be alowed to alter processor voltage only timing for lowering processor speed not increasing, now i have to buy another motherboard e.e if someone can indicate some motherboard DDR3 1333 80W TPD i will be really grateful for the help.
Or if someone has a miraculous magic that will make this IPM41-D3 work with the e5450 xd

What I already did
Mod Bios
Mess with all bios configurations
Reinstalled the OS

After configuring bios i can boot up to windows but weird things like avast modules not getting activated and web pages crashing randomly, corrupted downloads and for last the BSOD's with all sort of error's :q

and sorry for my bad english...

it seems like your mobo supports X5355 Xeon, it's a 120w TDP, so you should be fine. Are you sure the bios mod is correct?? where did you get it? That would be the main problem. Also your mobo only supports up to 4gb of DDR3, so you have to stick to sticks of 2gb DDR3 memory, so max viable for you is 2x2gb ddr3 ram. Also, it's possible that you are running a ddr3 speed that the mobo does not support, so reduce the FSB strap and go all the way down (of ram speed) as possible.

It can be also a problem of voltage. Did you set in auto? try 1,3v to be sure that your cpu has more than enough voltage to power up. Just to eliminate "power" issues.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [MOD] LGA775 Support For LGA771 Xeon CPUs