Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club - Page 255

post #2541 of 9745
well for me they are better in BF4 and COD Ghosts i dont mine with so no problems there thumb.gif
post #2542 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by [CyGnus] View Post

Keep pushing it guys smile.gif

My Asus Top R9 280X (Air) 1200/1850


what a score thumb.gif


i think this is my max. look at the temp on the right corner of HWMonitor... 75C is pretty hot though... frown.gif




although i can get my mem to 1900 @ mem volt 1700 it doesn't give any different in the score haha tongue.gif
madorax
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K asus p8p67 deluxe Palit GTX 970 Jetstream Corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Asus DVDRW Akasa Freedom Tower Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP Z23i armaggeddon Kai-9 Seasonic X560 Thermaltake Chaser A31 
MouseAudioAudio
Rexus G7 F&D A320 Creative SoundBlaster Audigy EAX/THX 
  hide details  
Reply
madorax
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K asus p8p67 deluxe Palit GTX 970 Jetstream Corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Asus DVDRW Akasa Freedom Tower Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP Z23i armaggeddon Kai-9 Seasonic X560 Thermaltake Chaser A31 
MouseAudioAudio
Rexus G7 F&D A320 Creative SoundBlaster Audigy EAX/THX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2543 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by madorax View Post

what a score thumb.gif

Seriously though! Baseline fps for 280x at stock overclocks seems to be around 43-45 fps so that's a pretty huge increase in performance.
Quote:
i think this is my max. look at the temp on the right corner of HWMonitor... 75C is pretty hot though... frown.gif

I personally like to run lower than that but I don't think that's considered high at all, especially at those clocks.
Quote:
although i can get my mem to 1900 @ mem volt 1700 it doesn't give any different in the score haha tongue.gif

Mem overclocks usually don't but in my experience they help stability. I can't push my Vapor X past 1140 unless I also raise mem clock and volt.
my pc
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Gene Powercolor PCS+ AXR9 290 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial m500 SSD LG GGC H20L Bluray/HDDVD combo drive Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro all copper Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 420 radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 280 radiator Watercool Heatkiller GPU-X3 290X Windows 8.1 Qnix QX2710LED 27" 2560x1440 monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K360 wireless keyboard EVGA 1000w P2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo white Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse 
AudioOther
Cyber Acoustics 3602a Western Digital Red 6tb HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
my pc
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k Asus Maximus VII Gene Powercolor PCS+ AXR9 290 Crucial Ballistix Sport Very Low Profile 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial m500 SSD LG GGC H20L Bluray/HDDVD combo drive Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro all copper Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 420 radiator 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 280 radiator Watercool Heatkiller GPU-X3 290X Windows 8.1 Qnix QX2710LED 27" 2560x1440 monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K360 wireless keyboard EVGA 1000w P2 Phanteks Enthoo Primo white Logitech Performance MX wireless mouse 
AudioOther
Cyber Acoustics 3602a Western Digital Red 6tb HDD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2544 of 9745
For Gigabyte R280X users, I found out (sorry if it was mentioned before) that you CAN change voltage with ASUS GPU Tweak 2.4.9.2....
post #2545 of 9745
Just got this bad boy today, a much needed upgrade from a integrated graphics! 4GB VRAM is overkill I know, but I got it mainly because I plan on playing The Elder Scrolls franchise with some heavy Graphic mods... BUT STILL SO STOKED!



Also, I installed the latest AMD Driver (13.12). Was this the right choice or should I have gone Beta Drivers? The latest one was released yesterday..
post #2546 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2O415 View Post

Just got this bad boy today, a much needed upgrade from a integrated graphics! 4GB VRAM is overkill I know, but I got it mainly because I plan on playing The Elder Scrolls franchise with some heavy Graphic mods... BUT STILL SO STOKED!



Also, I installed the latest AMD Driver (13.12). Was this the right choice or should I have gone Beta Drivers? The latest one was released yesterday..

congrats on the new gpu, she will serve you proper no doubt. heres the deal ive been trolling around on oc and have posted a few other threads about the amd drivers for these 200 series cards. not sure if anyone else Is having the issue im having but here it is. I did the latest update to the 13.12 and in battlefield 4 wich is suppose to be amd built and optimized im getting realy horrible screen flickering on the maps. and I mean horrible the map to include the actual little map on the deploy screen is just flickering away but only in crossfire. I turn crossfire off and all is well. this has been happening since the fist beta driver. the first one only certain back ground things would flicker, like mountains, snow mostly white things. then I went to the beta 13.11 9.5 and the whole map started flickering, then they released these new drivers 13.12 and its worse. I got tired of jumping out of games and trying to tweak settings to get the flickering to go away cause honestly I bought two of these bad boys and wasn't going to drop down to a single card, hard headed I guess, lol. but hey my thing is if its in my system use it!!! so I finaly did the noob thing wich im know we all here at oc do not ever do anymore and that's unistalled all drivers and used the install disk, yuuukkkoooo... but guess what? I run bf4 in crossfire no flickering at all at 120 plus fps on ultra on the disk drivers we usualy just toss out. luckily I kept one of the discs...

so in short try out the new drivers see how they act for you and if all else fails just use the disc it came with until amd fixed all this mess with there drivers. again that's just what im experiencing at the moment with there new drivers and the last three beta drives the 9.3 9.4 and 9.5 betas.
post #2547 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stfac3killa View Post

congrats on the new gpu, she will serve you proper no doubt. heres the deal ive been trolling around on oc and have posted a few other threads about the amd drivers for these 200 series cards. not sure if anyone else Is having the issue im having but here it is. I did the latest update to the 13.12 and in battlefield 4 wich is suppose to be amd built and optimized im getting realy horrible screen flickering on the maps. and I mean horrible the map to include the actual little map on the deploy screen is just flickering away but only in crossfire. I turn crossfire off and all is well. this has been happening since the fist beta driver. the first one only certain back ground things would flicker, like mountains, snow mostly white things. then I went to the beta 13.11 9.5 and the whole map started flickering, then they released these new drivers 13.12 and its worse. I got tired of jumping out of games and trying to tweak settings to get the flickering to go away cause honestly I bought two of these bad boys and wasn't going to drop down to a single card, hard headed I guess, lol. but hey my thing is if its in my system use it!!! so I finaly did the noob thing wich im know we all here at oc do not ever do anymore and that's unistalled all drivers and used the install disk, yuuukkkoooo... but guess what? I run bf4 in crossfire no flickering at all at 120 plus fps on ultra on the disk drivers we usualy just toss out. luckily I kept one of the discs...

so in short try out the new drivers see how they act for you and if all else fails just use the disc it came with until amd fixed all this mess with there drivers. again that's just what im experiencing at the moment with there new drivers and the last three beta drives the 9.3 9.4 and 9.5 betas.
Gotcha! I will try out the most recent one that came out and see how that plays out. Finally the games I couldn't play on Steam is now within my reach!! I'm currently debating which game to play at the moment haha tongue.gif
post #2548 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2O415 View Post

Gotcha! I will try out the most recent one that came out and see how that plays out. Finally the games I couldn't play on Steam is now within my reach!! I'm currently debating which game to play at the moment haha tongue.gif

sounds good, don't choose one, lol, play them all!!! on the realy though between steam, origin, and uplay I have a but load of games new and old and to tell you the truth the only game that realy plays horrible with my amd r9's and my nvidias for that matter is call of duty ghosts. the game is broken they say and even with all the patched, hotfixes, updates and everything else going on with that game it still plays horrible for me unless I use only one gpu and realy dumb down the graphics to straight up Nintendo 64 / dream cast graphics. that's going a bit extreme I guess but its just realy annoying paying for a game and not realy being able to play it. all the other games though, silky smooth..... so enjoy and these r9's are looking to be some good over clockers as well. ive been watching everyones posts. im still waiting on my xfx's to come in, for the love of god newegg I want my gpus:mad: they showed shipped almost two weeks ago, grrrrrrrrr..... lol..
post #2549 of 9745
Would anyone here like to take over/ownership of the thread and keep it updated regularly as i'm getting to busy to keep it updated.
 
PlayStation 4
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI X370 Pro Carbon  Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti G.Skill RipJaws V 16GB(4x4GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Multiple  Custom Water Cooling Windows 10 EDU Antec Quattro 850W 
Case
Fractal Midi R2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Jaguar 8core 1.6GHz Custom Sony HD 7860 Samsung 8GB GDDR5 5500MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Sony Blu-ray Driver Stock  Custom OS 
PowerCaseAudio
Sony 150w PSU Custom Shell HD Audio  
  hide details  
Reply
 
PlayStation 4
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI X370 Pro Carbon  Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti G.Skill RipJaws V 16GB(4x4GB) DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Multiple  Custom Water Cooling Windows 10 EDU Antec Quattro 850W 
Case
Fractal Midi R2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Jaguar 8core 1.6GHz Custom Sony HD 7860 Samsung 8GB GDDR5 5500MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB Sony Blu-ray Driver Stock  Custom OS 
PowerCaseAudio
Sony 150w PSU Custom Shell HD Audio  
  hide details  
Reply
post #2550 of 9745
So today my Asus 280X DC2T arrived to take the place of the Gigabyte rev. 2.0 that I send back a few days ago.
First of all I have to say that it was well worth the extra money. The Build quality is just phenomenal. It feels like a tank compared to the wobbly plastic that is attached to the Gigabyte card.
The Gigabyte card bent down by a lot after a few days sitting in the case, Asus is much more stable and the overall stiffness is higher.

After installing the card, I checked the ASIC, which is 60%. Not very good, but those numbers don't matter that much on AMD cards anyway. Next was GPU Tweak. It allows me to ramp up the voltage to 1,3v from 1,2v stock. Great!

On to the first run of valley benchmarking! First thing I noticed was the silence! The cooler is very capable. It was running @20-25% for quite a while and the GPU still was 50-60° C after a minute.
I managed to do a full run @1220/1850 with 1.3v, result below.



That of course is a bunch away from game stable, I still have to run those tests smile.gif

The bottom line is I would highly recommend this card, although it is not cheap. But you definitely get a much better build quality, easy voltage control, VRM monitoring (they never got hotter than 75-80° C), a much quieter cooler, and absolutely NO coilwhine. All of those points were the opposite with the Gigabyte card.

Took some pics, check em out!









Edited by Jaffi - 12/20/13 at 8:03am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club