Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club - Page 336

post #3351 of 9745
I am getting flickering now running crossfire. Mainmonitor when running 3dmark11 or bioshock infinite benchmarking utility, the monitor has this strange flickering, like massive rectangles moving downwards upwards and vice versa. Like the flicker you can see if you grab a camera and record an old CRT monitor.
post #3352 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzta09 View Post

I am getting flickering now running crossfire. Mainmonitor when running 3dmark11 or bioshock infinite benchmarking utility, the monitor has this strange flickering, like massive rectangles moving downwards upwards and vice versa. Like the flicker you can see if you grab a camera and record an old CRT monitor.

Ok, I'm pulling down Bioshock Infinite to see if I have the same issue. I haven't experienced anything like that yet, but the only games I've been using are BF4, MWO and Skyrim.

Do you still get the flickering with one monitor? I only have one 60Hz monitor to test with
Daedalic
(26 items)
 
Pegasus Server
(13 items)
 
My Girl's Box
(16 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Daedalic
(26 items)
 
Pegasus Server
(13 items)
 
My Girl's Box
(16 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3353 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archea47 View Post

Ok, I'm pulling down Bioshock Infinite to see if I have the same issue. I haven't experienced anything like that yet, but the only games I've been using are BF4, MWO and Skyrim.

Do you still get the flickering with one monitor? I only have one 60Hz monitor to test with

With just one monitor I had no flickering.

I plugged the other monitor into the intel HD3000 again, via DVI.
Flicker again and the GPU does not downclock in 2D.

I then changed the cable from DVI on secondary to a cheap HDMI and plugged it into the HD3000, no more flickering... this is strange, and GPU also downclocks now to 300/150
post #3354 of 9745
i need the bios mob for the 280x toxic, someone has it plz?
post #3355 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzta09 View Post

Research? Lmao.

I ran the monitor at 144hz and 120hz (strobelight) with the other monitor at 60hz just fine on my 680.

And why would the 280X struggle with it? I dont see the reason.

AMD cards dont support the different refresh rates at the same time iirc.

I think its fine with a single card but not CF.

And you cant compare your 680 to it...different architecture, drivers and tech.

It is probably a driver issue but ive never looked into it too hard because when I go 120hz then im replacing both my screens.

And research lmao.....yeah, sorry but I dont have any sympathy for your problems now.
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Ryze of the Devil
(13 items)
 
FX Trooper 2.0
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x (ES) X399 Aorus Gaming 7 Sapphire RX Vega 64 32GB TridentZ RGB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
240GB HyperX Predator 500GB Samsung 850 Evo 2TB Firecuda EK Predator 360 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Win 10 Pro Phillips 349X7FJEW LG 34UM95 Logitech G910 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200i Thermaltake Core X9 Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath 
Audio
Logitech G933 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI X370 Xpower Gaming Titanium  RX580 Red Devil 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 960 Evo OCZ Trion 150 Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Win 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Nixeus NX-VUE24A Thermaltake Poseidon Z RGB Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750w Thermaltake View 31 RGB 
Mouse
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370 Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z R9 290x 16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Samsung External Blu-Ray Burner Fractal Design Kelvin S36 Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Whatever Logitech G19 Silverstone ST1200w CM Storm Trooper 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Star Citizen Drake Goliath Logitech X530 5.1 Logitech G930 7.1 Wireless Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3356 of 9745
So after reading about the 120hz with 60hz monitor problem I am curious. Is this only a problem when using crossfire or would I have problems running them on just 1 card as well? I am planning on buying a 120 hz in the near future so I would be in the same situation. rolleyes.gif
My computer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium Core i7 4790K Asus Z 97 Pro Gamer Asus R9 280X DC2T Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz - 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Samsung 840EVO  Noctua NH-C14 Windows 10 professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24" Ducky Shine 3 Corsair HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Razer Goliathus Alpha fragged Logitech 5.1 Surround speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
My computer
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Pentium Core i7 4790K Asus Z 97 Pro Gamer Asus R9 280X DC2T Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz - 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Samsung 840EVO  Noctua NH-C14 Windows 10 professional 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
AOC 24" Ducky Shine 3 Corsair HX650 Corsair Obsidian 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Razer Goliathus Alpha fragged Logitech 5.1 Surround speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3357 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Bilko View Post

AMD cards dont support the different refresh rates at the same time iirc.

I think its fine with a single card but not CF.

And you cant compare your 680 to it...different architecture, drivers and tech.

It is probably a driver issue but ive never looked into it too hard because when I go 120hz then im replacing both my screens.

And research lmao.....yeah, sorry but I dont have any sympathy for your problems now.
Please direct me to a reliable google source that says: Cant use 120hz-144hz together with 60hz in dualmonitor mode when using AMD GPUs in Crossfire.

See, cant take you seriously either because no such source exists, thus I Could not research it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisjak View Post

So after reading about the 120hz with 60hz monitor problem I am curious. Is this only a problem when using crossfire or would I have problems running them on just 1 card as well? I am planning on buying a 120 hz in the near future so I would be in the same situation. rolleyes.gif
Likely crossfire related.
post #3358 of 9745
i just brought a r9 270x hawk and it really not that much different than the hd 7950
the 7870 would be way weaker just because in benchmarks the scores and dont mean nothing its in the gamplay
so people say the r9 270x is like the 7870 thats just stupid coz its not more like the 7950 there is no 280 so the 270x is replaced the hd 7950
i just had a tf3 hd 7950 and the 270x is better in games i think my theory would be correct the why are people saying the 270x is a 7870?
post #3359 of 9745
has anyone manged to get the triple over voltage to work on the hawk
post #3360 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks215 View Post

i just brought a r9 270x hawk and it really not that much different than the hd 7950
the 7870 would be way weaker just because in benchmarks the scores and dont mean nothing its in the gamplay
so people say the r9 270x is like the 7870 thats just stupid coz its not more like the 7950 there is no 280 so the 270x is replaced the hd 7950
i just had a tf3 hd 7950 and the 270x is better in games i think my theory would be correct the why are people saying the 270x is a 7870?

Punctuation is appreciated tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club