Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club - Page 48

post #471 of 9745
Completely stock clocks

Gigabyte 280X Windforce 3 Edition

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7349020
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 7700K  Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero  Gigabyte GTX1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3200C16, 16GB ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron XT 480GB Crucial MX200 LG Dual Layer DVD Writer Corsair H110i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit LG LG 34UC79G 144Hz Logitech G910 Orion Spark Cooler Master Vanguard 1200w Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Mionix Naos 7000 Mionix Alioth Large Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 
Audio
Creative MegaWorks 550 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 7700K  Asus Rog Maximus IX Hero  Gigabyte GTX1080 Ti Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3200C16, 16GB ... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron XT 480GB Crucial MX200 LG Dual Layer DVD Writer Corsair H110i GTX 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit LG LG 34UC79G 144Hz Logitech G910 Orion Spark Cooler Master Vanguard 1200w Platinum 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Air 540 Mionix Naos 7000 Mionix Alioth Large Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum 
Audio
Creative MegaWorks 550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #472 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockster View Post

Completely stock clocks

Gigabyte 280X Windforce 3 Edition

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7349020
Wow that aint bad at all considering the low price
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® CoreTM i5-4670K GA-Z87X-UD5H Asus GTX 560 Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO 128 Western Digital 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LCD Philips 221V2AB Logitech G15 Seasonic M12 700W Cooler Master HAF XM 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G600 G.L.I.D.E. 9 X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series Logitech G13 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® CoreTM i5-4670K GA-Z87X-UD5H Asus GTX 560 Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO 128 Western Digital 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LCD Philips 221V2AB Logitech G15 Seasonic M12 700W Cooler Master HAF XM 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G600 G.L.I.D.E. 9 X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series Logitech G13 
  hide details  
Reply
post #473 of 9745
just ordered a toxic to CF with my matrix hd 7970 platinium

my Matrix does 1280 mhz with 1,296V core and 1850mhz vram no change to mem voltage and with a 4670k at 4,5 gh i did 7997 in firestrike (my screen is 1440p native)
HAF X - main rig
(24 items)
 
HAF XB
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 ASUS P5E3 ASUS dcuii TOP GTX 670 OCZ reaper x hpc  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung 500 gb samsung dvd antec H2O 920 windows vista 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 23 passive 3d logitech g15 CORSAIR GS800 haf xb 
MouseAudio
logitech g500 logitech Z 2300 
  hide details  
Reply
HAF X - main rig
(24 items)
 
HAF XB
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 ASUS P5E3 ASUS dcuii TOP GTX 670 OCZ reaper x hpc  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung 500 gb samsung dvd antec H2O 920 windows vista 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 23 passive 3d logitech g15 CORSAIR GS800 haf xb 
MouseAudio
logitech g500 logitech Z 2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #474 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockster View Post

Completely stock clocks

Gigabyte 280X Windforce 3 Edition

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7349020

Too bad it's probably voltage locked like it's 7970 copy
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #475 of 9745
What would you guys suggest for playing BF4 at 1440p? Can't decide if I should buy a 280x now and a second one later for CF or wait for a 290x.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5Ghz Gigabyte P67A-UD4 XFX R9 280X Corsair XM3 4x2GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 2 60GB Boot Drive+ Seagate 250GB Storage Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2713HM Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX750W Corsair 650D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5Ghz Gigabyte P67A-UD4 XFX R9 280X Corsair XM3 4x2GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 2 60GB Boot Drive+ Seagate 250GB Storage Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell U2713HM Logitech G110 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX750W Corsair 650D Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #476 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modus View Post

What would you guys suggest for playing BF4 at 1440p? Can't decide if I should buy a 280x now and a second one later for CF or wait for a 290x.
The 290x should be released on 24th October (in 3 days) .. why not wait and see some pricing... maybe you can get a 290 for 400 bucks biggrin.gif who knows...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® CoreTM i5-4670K GA-Z87X-UD5H Asus GTX 560 Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO 128 Western Digital 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LCD Philips 221V2AB Logitech G15 Seasonic M12 700W Cooler Master HAF XM 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G600 G.L.I.D.E. 9 X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series Logitech G13 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® CoreTM i5-4670K GA-Z87X-UD5H Asus GTX 560 Corsair Vengeance Pro 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 PRO 128 Western Digital 1TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LCD Philips 221V2AB Logitech G15 Seasonic M12 700W Cooler Master HAF XM 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Logitech G600 G.L.I.D.E. 9 X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro Series Logitech G13 
  hide details  
Reply
post #477 of 9745
with all these rebrand of 2 years old gpu and little perf imporvement of the new one , i start to think that both amd and nivida are hitting a wall and they can only increase the die size to win some real performance , hence the rummors of next to no more new gpu until 2015 after 290 and 780ti. so a 280x-7970 crossfire would be more then enough for the next few years and at a far better price/perf then any of the new cards. at least for single monitor up to 1600p gaming
HAF X - main rig
(24 items)
 
HAF XB
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 ASUS P5E3 ASUS dcuii TOP GTX 670 OCZ reaper x hpc  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung 500 gb samsung dvd antec H2O 920 windows vista 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 23 passive 3d logitech g15 CORSAIR GS800 haf xb 
MouseAudio
logitech g500 logitech Z 2300 
  hide details  
Reply
HAF X - main rig
(24 items)
 
HAF XB
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 ASUS P5E3 ASUS dcuii TOP GTX 670 OCZ reaper x hpc  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung 500 gb samsung dvd antec H2O 920 windows vista 64b 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 23 passive 3d logitech g15 CORSAIR GS800 haf xb 
MouseAudio
logitech g500 logitech Z 2300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #478 of 9745
The 280x performs on par or very close to the GTX770 (which is $400) and ATI 7970 from last year. The 7970 was over $400 when introduced. The price for the 280x is $300 at intro. That's $100 less. That alone makes it a stellar deal.

The 290/290x is the new tech for ATI. The 280x is not and it makes sense as to why. They put all their R&D dollars into the flagship GPU's (290x).

It makes total sense to put all your new R&D budget into the flagship and just re-badge the lower cards from last years flagship and on down the line. This is totally logical and will offer us (the consumers) the most bang or our buck for years to come.

The pace at which these graphics card companies can come out with better and better cards will increase if this is the model that they adopt; and it seems both companies are using this approach now for most of their top cards. The cards will get better and better every year as a result because they are really only working hard on the very top models, the rest are getting trickle down tech from years past. And we will get better cards for our money on the less expensive models.

I think what they are doing makes a ton of sense when we really think about what is going on. The reason ATI had to do this is because the graphics card market is getting really competitive with Nvidia offering the Titan and 780/770.

Titan was all new tech, so 780,770,760 used trickle down tech. ATI followed suit and now we have what looks like a competitor for the 780 (r9 290)and Titan (r9 290x) at much lower prices overall. This is great for the market. It pushes Nvidia and ATI to compete and that is a win/win for us. I'm happy to pay $300 for last years 7970 card. If I had the money I'd be happy to drop $600 on a 290x if they come in around that price. If the 290x does in fact compete with the Titan (or just get close) then we've got a really good reason to buy it over the Titan. Which will push Nvidia to either up the ante' in the form of an even better single GPU, or lower the price on the Titan.

Either way; we win and the process continues.
     
Reply
     
Reply
post #479 of 9745
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleaxe View Post

The 280x performs on par or very close to the GTX770 (which is $400) and ATI 7970 from last year. The 7970 was over $400 when introduced. The price for the 280x is $300 at intro. That's $100 less. That alone makes it a stellar deal.

The 290/290x is the new tech for ATI. The 280x is not and it makes sense as to why. They put all their R&D dollars into the flagship GPU's (290x).

It makes total sense to put all your new R&D budget into the flagship and just re-badge the lower cards from last years flagship and on down the line. This is totally logical and will offer us (the consumers) the most bang or our buck for years to come.

The pace at which these graphics card companies can come out with better and better cards will increase if this is the model that they adopt; and it seems both companies are using this approach now for most of their top cards. The cards will get better and better every year as a result because they are really only working hard on the very top models, the rest are getting trickle down tech from years past. And we will get better cards for our money on the less expensive models.

I think what they are doing makes a ton of sense when we really think about what is going on. The reason ATI had to do this is because the graphics card market is getting really competitive with Nvidia offering the Titan and 780/770.

Titan was all new tech, so 780,770,760 used trickle down tech. ATI followed suit and now we have what looks like a competitor for the 780 (r9 290)and Titan (r9 290x) at much lower prices overall. This is great for the market. It pushes Nvidia and ATI to compete and that is a win/win for us. I'm happy to pay $300 for last years 7970 card. If I had the money I'd be happy to drop $600 on a 290x if they come in around that price. If the 290x does in fact compete with the Titan (or just get close) then we've got a really good reason to buy it over the Titan. Which will push Nvidia to either up the ante' in the form of an even better single GPU, or lower the price on the Titan.

Either way; we win and the process continues.


+rep.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #480 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


+rep.

Same here, well said!
BE
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Gigabyte Z170 Gaming MSI GTX 980ti GE G Skill 3200 DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Hynix 128gb SSD Corsair AIO 110 Win 10 Dell GSync S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerAudio
Corsair K70 mx red's EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Klipsch 
  hide details  
Reply
BE
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Gigabyte Z170 Gaming MSI GTX 980ti GE G Skill 3200 DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Hynix 128gb SSD Corsair AIO 110 Win 10 Dell GSync S2716DG 
KeyboardPowerAudio
Corsair K70 mx red's EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 Klipsch 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club