Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club - Page 540

post #5391 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggiddi View Post

I used to use bluescreen viewer too, I find whocrashed simpler

Whichever you use, it still the same. In my case the BSOD points out the atikmdag.sys. Do you have an idea about this?
post #5392 of 9745
If anyone with 280x can get 1.3v + please send me the BIOS. I wanna try to flashing it on my gigabyte card, if it's fails I can always switch back to original bios thumb.gif

Thanks
Gaming PC
(15 items)
 
 
HTC 10
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K (Delidded) MSI Z97 MPOWER AC MAX EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid  CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
A-DATA SP900 2x ST2000DM001-1ER164 ASMedia® ASM1061 (External) swiftech h320 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Stripped Win 10 x64 15063 SAMSUNG LS24F350 [MAIN] LG 22MP48HQ [SECONDARY] Corsair RM850w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Corsair Harpoon RGB Fiio E7 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
QX9300 @ 2.53Ghz *OLD* Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 Dell 076V94 (Intel Q43) Quadro FX 2700M 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2x Samsung M471B5773CHS-CH9 Samsung 840 120GB TOSHIBA MQ01ACF032 HT-DT-ST DVD +-RW GS20N 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Heat-pipe-sink + fans Win 10 x64 15063 Super Lite Edition 1440x900 @ 100hz Dell + Numpad 
PowerMouse Pad
95w Dell Touchpad 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 MSM8996 [OC] Adreno 530 2x 2GB LPDDR4 32 GB eMMC Flash 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Passive Android 7.0 2.51.617.1 Super LCD 5: 2560x1440 (565 PPI) Sony Xperia Keyboard 
Power
3,000 mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC
(15 items)
 
 
HTC 10
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4690K (Delidded) MSI Z97 MPOWER AC MAX EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid  CMY16GX3M2A2400C11R (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
A-DATA SP900 2x ST2000DM001-1ER164 ASMedia® ASM1061 (External) swiftech h320 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Stripped Win 10 x64 15063 SAMSUNG LS24F350 [MAIN] LG 22MP48HQ [SECONDARY] Corsair RM850w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Corsair Harpoon RGB Fiio E7 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
QX9300 @ 2.53Ghz *OLD* Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 Dell 076V94 (Intel Q43) Quadro FX 2700M 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
2x Samsung M471B5773CHS-CH9 Samsung 840 120GB TOSHIBA MQ01ACF032 HT-DT-ST DVD +-RW GS20N 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Heat-pipe-sink + fans Win 10 x64 15063 Super Lite Edition 1440x900 @ 100hz Dell + Numpad 
PowerMouse Pad
95w Dell Touchpad 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 MSM8996 [OC] Adreno 530 2x 2GB LPDDR4 32 GB eMMC Flash 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Passive Android 7.0 2.51.617.1 Super LCD 5: 2560x1440 (565 PPI) Sony Xperia Keyboard 
Power
3,000 mAh Battery 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5393 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by microkid21 View Post

Whichever you use, it still the same. In my case the BSOD points out the atikmdag.sys. Do you have an idea about this?


Follow every step :
Step 1: Download and install the latest ati graphic driver.AND DONT TURN OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AFTER INSTALLATION

Step 2: Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename atikmdag.sys to atikmdag.sys.old.

Step 3: Go to ati directory (usually in C:\ATI) and find the file atikmdag.sy_.

Step 4: Copy the file to your Desktop directory.

Step 5: Open cmd.exe by going to Start -> type cmd in the search box and hit enter.

Step 6: Change the directory to Desktop by typing chdir Desktop.

Step 7: Then, type EXPAND.EXE atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys. Or,

expand -r atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys

Step 8: When the expansion is complete, copy the new atikmdag.sys from your Desktop to

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Step 9: Restart your computer and the problem should be resolved.

Its not faulty mb or card problem! The drivers is the main culprit here!
Source http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1656824/atikmdag-sys-error-bsod-startup.html


These may help you if the above does not
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/737-27116RadeonSeries-ATIKMDAGhasstoppedrespondingerrormessages.aspx
http://www.overclock.net/t/420875/possible-solution-to-atikmdag-driver-crash
http://www.computertipsfree.com/fix-43029-atikmdag-sys-blue-screen-bsod-in-windows-7/
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=363233
http://windows7themes.net/en-us/fix-atikmpag-sys-atikmdag-sys-blue-screen-errors-bsod/
http://atikmdag.com/

I think I used to have that problem and it was definitely a driver issue, it stopped when I updated drivers
What was your last good river ?
FX Klasse
(25 items)
 
Warrior King
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI R9 290X Lightning MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  g.skill sniper gaming series 16gb 2400mhz ddr3 WD 1 TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 320 GB OCZ vertex 3 64GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Seagate 250 GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 525 GB Samsung SH-S223L Cooler Master Glacer 240l Windows 8.1 Pro N 64 bit 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC 2462w Lenovo L2261wA Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG 750 Rosewill Future corsair vengeance m65 Turtle Beach Montego DDL 
Other
Altec Lansing ADA 995 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775c Asus Z97 Deluxe Iris Pro 6200 G. Skill Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 320 Crucial MX300 525GB Cooler master hyper 212 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
AOC 24 Steelseries Apex 350 Antec truepower trio 550w Corsair M65 
Mouse Pad
AMD Red Team Swag 
  hide details  
Reply
FX Klasse
(25 items)
 
Warrior King
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX 8350 SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 MSI R9 290X Lightning MSI R9 290X Lightning 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  g.skill sniper gaming series 16gb 2400mhz ddr3 WD 1 TB  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 320 GB OCZ vertex 3 64GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Seagate 250 GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX300 525 GB Samsung SH-S223L Cooler Master Glacer 240l Windows 8.1 Pro N 64 bit 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit AOC 2462w Lenovo L2261wA Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Antec HCG 750 Rosewill Future corsair vengeance m65 Turtle Beach Montego DDL 
Other
Altec Lansing ADA 995 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5775c Asus Z97 Deluxe Iris Pro 6200 G. Skill Trident X 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Blue 320 Crucial MX300 525GB Cooler master hyper 212 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
AOC 24 Steelseries Apex 350 Antec truepower trio 550w Corsair M65 
Mouse Pad
AMD Red Team Swag 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5394 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggiddi View Post

Follow every step :
Step 1: Download and install the latest ati graphic driver.AND DONT TURN OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AFTER INSTALLATION

Step 2: Then go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and rename atikmdag.sys to atikmdag.sys.old.

Step 3: Go to ati directory (usually in C:\ATI) and find the file atikmdag.sy_.

Step 4: Copy the file to your Desktop directory.

Step 5: Open cmd.exe by going to Start -> type cmd in the search box and hit enter.

Step 6: Change the directory to Desktop by typing chdir Desktop.

Step 7: Then, type EXPAND.EXE atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys. Or,

expand -r atikmdag.sy_ atikmdag.sys

Step 8: When the expansion is complete, copy the new atikmdag.sys from your Desktop to

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Step 9: Restart your computer and the problem should be resolved.

Its not faulty mb or card problem! The drivers is the main culprit here!
Source http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1656824/atikmdag-sys-error-bsod-startup.html


These may help you if the above does not
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/737-27116RadeonSeries-ATIKMDAGhasstoppedrespondingerrormessages.aspx
http://www.overclock.net/t/420875/possible-solution-to-atikmdag-driver-crash
http://www.computertipsfree.com/fix-43029-atikmdag-sys-blue-screen-bsod-in-windows-7/
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=363233
http://windows7themes.net/en-us/fix-atikmpag-sys-atikmdag-sys-blue-screen-errors-bsod/
http://atikmdag.com/

I think I used to have that problem and it was definitely a driver issue, it stopped when I updated drivers
What was your last good river ?


I've already done that to no avail. OS is freshly installed.
What I've done so far to fixed / solve the issue:

1.Update Motherboard BIOS
2 .Driver used ( 13.12, 14.3, 14.1, 14.2, 13.10)
3. Using DDU to uninstall previous driver
4. Already followed instructions from AMD
5. Already followed this as well.
6. Drivers are up to date.
7. PSU is Corsair CS650M
8. Windows is up to date
post #5395 of 9745
microkid21 - This might be a long shot but have you tried a different GPU bios?
I'd only recommend this as a last resort and only if you have a dual bios on your GPU.
post #5396 of 9745
Rather than flashing the bios i'd just opt for the choice of RMA'ing the card.
post #5397 of 9745
Except that he's already said the card has been tested in a different machine and worked fine....although it was in the shop where he bought it so they could be biased.
Ryzen1700
(16 items)
 
 
rig0.local
(13 items)
 
Reply
Ryzen1700
(16 items)
 
 
rig0.local
(13 items)
 
Reply
post #5398 of 9745
afaik the problem didn't occur right away either but only after playing a game for a while. They might have tested it, by running 1 benchmark or so, which wasn't long enough for the problem to manifest.
post #5399 of 9745
That's why I say they could be biased biggrin.gif....Should try it in a friend's machine and put the gears to it. If any crash or even any little flicker or artifact is seen for the briefest of milliseconds, RMA that sucker.
Ryzen1700
(16 items)
 
 
rig0.local
(13 items)
 
Reply
Ryzen1700
(16 items)
 
 
rig0.local
(13 items)
 
Reply
post #5400 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownm View Post

If anyone with 280x can get 1.3v + please send me the BIOS. I wanna try to flashing it on my gigabyte card, if it's fails I can always switch back to original bios thumb.gif

Thanks

What clocks/voltage are you sitting on at the moment?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club