Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club - Page 954

post #9531 of 9745
Yeah man, either someone dropped it or they messed up pretty bad. I think my previous one was a little bent too but it was minimal, this one though... I can't get it into the PCIe not without forcing it in and the metal I/O scraping the edge of my mobo, no thank you. Even the bottom DVI is bent.
post #9532 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

Yeah man, either someone dropped it or they messed up pretty bad. I think my previous one was a little bent too but it was minimal, this one though... I can't get it into the PCIe not without forcing it in and the metal I/O scraping the edge of my mobo, no thank you. Even the bottom DVI is bent.

the card looks like being dumped in a bin somewhere with stacks of card on top each other, now you need one they just dust it off and off it goes to you

goodluck with the next RMA
post #9533 of 9745
Well I looked at the card even more today and the whole DVI housing is warped. It was IMHO definitely dropped at an angle right at the bottom corner of the I/O ports, such as you hold a cube by one corner and it falls on the opposite corner kind of drop. And by dropped I mean some pretty big force impact, probably full card including the heavy cooler on it, it takes some damn force to bend the metal I/O, warp the DVI housing while it's all screwed and soldered to a PCB. It's not that easy to capture all the warping going on in pictures but in hand and looking close it's damn obvious something is wrong. The DVI housing might have also hit the top cooler cover and that possibly move/rotate the fan mounting strips which would explain the tilted fans.

I'm giving the shop a couple days to reply with something sensible (such as negotiating an upgrade or money back from ASUS), they've been informed ASAP, after that I'm sending it back and they can slap ASUS with it themselves because it's ASUS's fault.
I bet ASUS doesn't have these cards anymore beside some complete junk, they (local ASUS RMA/service center) have to send a card back to factory (half across the globe) and they send them some trash in return. I mean come on ASUS, in the end it will cost them more in shipping than what the card is worth.
Edited by JackCY - 7/1/16 at 9:07am
post #9534 of 9745
Can someone provide a bios for my R9 270x vapor-x (UEFI) ?

I checked with VBE7 and with my original BIOS I get the warning about "UEFI image detected". But with techpowerup bios I dont get any warning.

Thanks.

P/N: 299-1E270-000SA 2GB GDDR5 Hynix
post #9535 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSlide View Post

RMA....i'm going thru a bad one

born and live in a ****ty country you get ****ty service

if anybody interested to read it's below, posted on local forum where i live

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3990244

What do they mean by "out of manufacturer warranty" ? is it first year manufacturer and second year distributor's ? You shouldn't wait to go to consumer/customer court. I know it can be a bit more hassle but their influence is larger and they know 1 or 2 tricks to push them to actually pay you back what you spent at least.
Intel Evilnow
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4ghz @ Offset -0.015 Asus P8P67 Evo (bios 3207) Sapphire 280x Tri-x 3GB OC (Stock 1020/1500 Non... G.Skill RipjawsX 2x4gb 1866mhz 9-10-9-28-2n @ 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SHSS37A120G WD5000AAKX-001CA0 WD20EARX WD20EZRZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD5001AALS-00L3B2 (Now External) ASUS DRW-1814BLT Noctua NH-u12p SE2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H Wobbly Stand :) Microsoft Ergo 4000 Enermax Infiniti 650 (28a,28a,30a) Cooler Master haf 912 Advanced 
MouseOther
A4tech x7 F3 Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controlle... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090t BE 3.6/4.0 Turbo@def.volt MSI K9A2 Platinum v1 Sapphire HD6850 1GB 850/1100@def.volt Kingston 2x2gb Hyperx 1066 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Western Digital WD5001AALS Seagate Barracuda ST3250410AS Asus DRW-1814BLT Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H 23.6" Wobbly Stand :D Microsoft Ergo 4000 Enermax Infiniti 650w (28a,28a,30a) Thermaltake Kandalf SuperTower 
Mouse
A4 tech Swop-3 
  hide details  
Reply
Intel Evilnow
(18 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4ghz @ Offset -0.015 Asus P8P67 Evo (bios 3207) Sapphire 280x Tri-x 3GB OC (Stock 1020/1500 Non... G.Skill RipjawsX 2x4gb 1866mhz 9-10-9-28-2n @ 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SHSS37A120G WD5000AAKX-001CA0 WD20EARX WD20EZRZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD5001AALS-00L3B2 (Now External) ASUS DRW-1814BLT Noctua NH-u12p SE2 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H Wobbly Stand :) Microsoft Ergo 4000 Enermax Infiniti 650 (28a,28a,30a) Cooler Master haf 912 Advanced 
MouseOther
A4tech x7 F3 Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controlle... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1090t BE 3.6/4.0 Turbo@def.volt MSI K9A2 Platinum v1 Sapphire HD6850 1GB 850/1100@def.volt Kingston 2x2gb Hyperx 1066 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Western Digital WD5001AALS Seagate Barracuda ST3250410AS Asus DRW-1814BLT Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VH242H 23.6" Wobbly Stand :D Microsoft Ergo 4000 Enermax Infiniti 650w (28a,28a,30a) Thermaltake Kandalf SuperTower 
Mouse
A4 tech Swop-3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9536 of 9745
Well the product's warranty starts with the manufacturer when it ships out from them down the supply chain. The warranty starts going on the product. BUT when you buy it it could have been, usually is resold 2 times at least between distributors, shipped half across the globe and stuck in storage of a shop, say 6 months have passed since the manufacturer last saw the card when they sold it but for you you only see it today and for you the shop, distributor, I don't honestly care who, offer say 3 year warranty. Problem is who ever is going to claim warranty with the manufacturer has it running 6 months earlier than you. Of course some companies have their own distribution and service centers etc. so the middleman resellers are fewer and this warranty time not as big always.
But you can still run into this when you return in warranty at the end, the company that bought it from the manufacturer doesn't have the warranty anymore on it with the manufacturer and they try to sweep it all under the carpet so they don't have to eat that cost of the card as a loss. But by law in most developed countries you do have warranty, they don't, it's their problem, not yours, but they may still try to put it on you to eat the loss instead.

It used to be quite normal years ago that when product was not made anymore but still in warranty they would upgrade you to a recent or at least more recent product that they do have. Say RMA 280x now, get a decent refurbished or new 380x back, sure I wouldn't expect RX 480 new since it just launched and they probably have some left over 380xs. Still this is how it should go, if they cannot replace with the same working product they should either upgrade you free of charge or give you money back.

It's always a big hassle to return anything as it's not up to the shop what you get but up to who ever they bought it from.

Unfortunately finding the necessary laws and such to know how it is precisely in your country and what your rights are to the letter is almost impossible. Unless you know a lawyer or own a shop and the shop has a lawyer then you most likely won't find out.

I've had warranty on my 280x until April 2017, now what they've sent me back it says 24 months, so until end of June 2018 and it's pretty much DOA. Too bad I don't live next to the shop so I can RMA it for free, but I gotta send it to the shop which costs me frown.gif Otherwise I would happily RMA every damn crap they send me until they finally get it right.
post #9537 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

Well the product's warranty starts with the manufacturer when it ships out from them down the supply chain. The warranty starts going on the product. BUT when you buy it it could have been, usually is resold 2 times at least between distributors, shipped half across the globe and stuck in storage of a shop, say 6 months have passed since the manufacturer last saw the card when they sold it but for you you only see it today and for you the shop, distributor, I don't honestly care who, offer say 3 year warranty. Problem is who ever is going to claim warranty with the manufacturer has it running 6 months earlier than you. Of course some companies have their own distribution and service centers etc. so the middleman resellers are fewer and this warranty time not as big always.
But you can still run into this when you return in warranty at the end, the company that bought it from the manufacturer doesn't have the warranty anymore on it with the manufacturer and they try to sweep it all under the carpet so they don't have to eat that cost of the card as a loss. But by law in most developed countries you do have warranty, they don't, it's their problem, not yours, but they may still try to put it on you to eat the loss instead.

It used to be quite normal years ago that when product was not made anymore but still in warranty they would upgrade you to a recent or at least more recent product that they do have. Say RMA 280x now, get a decent refurbished or new 380x back, sure I wouldn't expect RX 480 new since it just launched and they probably have some left over 380xs. Still this is how it should go, if they cannot replace with the same working product they should either upgrade you free of charge or give you money back.

It's always a big hassle to return anything as it's not up to the shop what you get but up to who ever they bought it from.

Unfortunately finding the necessary laws and such to know how it is precisely in your country and what your rights are to the letter is almost impossible. Unless you know a lawyer or own a shop and the shop has a lawyer then you most likely won't find out.

I've had warranty on my 280x until April 2017, now what they've sent me back it says 24 months, so until end of June 2018 and it's pretty much DOA. Too bad I don't live next to the shop so I can RMA it for free, but I gotta send it to the shop which costs me frown.gif Otherwise I would happily RMA every damn crap they send me until they finally get it right.

good explanation thumb.gif and a rep for you

i have checked the law in my country and nothing is said for product that still in warranty but EOL

but some kind hearted guys help me contact sapphire directly from marketing to customer service but i don't put any hope sapphire will help me out in anyway

so all in all i'm screwed
post #9538 of 9745
You claim warranty where the card was bought (often computer parts shop), or who ever has sold the card to the end user (you or someone else). It is their problem to sort things out and resolve the issue, get you a replacement or money back. They contact their supplier and RMA it with them which can be the manufacturer's official distributor, service center, or it could also be some 3rd party unofficial distributor. Point being the food chain should be that you are on the top and poop (bad card, issues, ...) falls down to the manufacturer not the other way around. You've got your contract with the shop that states the warranty period for you and they have to respect it, otherwise they are probably breaking some laws and trying to not have to eat the loss and instead force it on you.

Here, IMHO the biggest shops are the most expensive because they put these losses from warranties into the buy price of the products. It makes it easier for them to handle returned products and care less about having to eat the loss because that loss has already been put into the price of the product. Say it's common that 1/100 card is faulty on average, they raise the price of the product by 1% and as a result don't have to be bothered about possible losses from returned cards. It's often the small shops that do not do this and try to compete price wise with the big shops that do care about the losses and do not want to eat them and as a result can be a hassle to deal with in RMA.

In EU it's ok, but you have to be an end user, consumer that has bought the card as a person.
In my RMA I am not that, because I don't have a contract with the shop where the card was bought, the person I bought the card from has it, and as a result they treat me as a "company" not as a "person" and those nice EU warranty thingies to protect the person don't apply to me or so they say, the warranty rules/protection for people and companies are a bit different. As a result they won't pay me back when RMA takes longer than 30 days because I don't have a contract with them that says my name and price I bought it at. They are still obliged to process the RMA since they sold the card but I am kind of at the mercy of ASUS and they are not being very merciful so far and instead send me back from RMA a DOA card.
post #9539 of 9745
Well after testing today and the past few days ive settled on 1350/1450mhz clocks and am pretty happy. If i was under water Im sure i could push farther but 1.3v on air and these clocks seem good and im pretty happy with the results. Looking around i seem to be scoring in 280 territory but i could be wrong on that, still a nice jump from original clocks and Heaven gets an 812 on ultra. If OP wants to update my clocks thatd be nice but no big deal

Toxic-DT
(19 items)
 
Toxic-LT
(12 items)
 
Toxic-SV
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Gigabyte GTX 1060 Gskill Ares 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Mushkin Eco3 Kingdian  Corsair LE  Lite On 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig H5 Windows 10 pro Dell S2415h Azio MK Retro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G Series 650w Define R5  Logitech G500s Asus Xonar DSX 
AudioAudioAudio
Monoprice Retro Heaphones Monoprice Vocal Dynamic Mic Edifier r980t  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920xm Asus g73jh Radeon HD 6990m 8gb Hynix DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Laptop Thin 500gb Corsair Force LE  Stock G73jh Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
1600x900 Glossy G73jh Screen G73jh Backlit Keyboard Delta 150w PSU Verbatim Laptop mouse 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon e5649 HP z400 FirePro v4800 12gb Gkill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Western Digital 320gb HP High Performance Cooler Ubuntu Gnome 16.10 
PowerCase
HP z400 HP z400 
  hide details  
Reply
Toxic-DT
(19 items)
 
Toxic-LT
(12 items)
 
Toxic-SV
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Gigabyte GTX 1060 Gskill Ares 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Mushkin Eco3 Kingdian  Corsair LE  Lite On 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cryorig H5 Windows 10 pro Dell S2415h Azio MK Retro 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G Series 650w Define R5  Logitech G500s Asus Xonar DSX 
AudioAudioAudio
Monoprice Retro Heaphones Monoprice Vocal Dynamic Mic Edifier r980t  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920xm Asus g73jh Radeon HD 6990m 8gb Hynix DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Laptop Thin 500gb Corsair Force LE  Stock G73jh Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
1600x900 Glossy G73jh Screen G73jh Backlit Keyboard Delta 150w PSU Verbatim Laptop mouse 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon e5649 HP z400 FirePro v4800 12gb Gkill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Western Digital 320gb HP High Performance Cooler Ubuntu Gnome 16.10 
PowerCase
HP z400 HP z400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9540 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoa View Post

Well after testing today and the past few days ive settled on 1350/1450mhz clocks and am pretty happy. If i was under water Im sure i could push farther but 1.3v on air and these clocks seem good and im pretty happy with the results. Looking around i seem to be scoring in 280 territory but i could be wrong on that, still a nice jump from original clocks and Heaven gets an 812 on ultra. If OP wants to update my clocks thatd be nice but no big deal

1350 core....
The max i ever gotten was 1305 stable on my Asus 270X....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club