Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club - Page 962

post #9611 of 9745
Warranty process changes depending on where you live/want to RMA. IMHO they should accept an RMA of any of their products at the authorized service center as long as the card is in stock form. But they might have found some law loop holes that allow them not to.
post #9612 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackCY View Post

Warranty process changes depending on where you live/want to RMA. IMHO they should accept an RMA of any of their products at the authorized service center as long as the card is in stock form. But they might have found some law loop holes that allow them not to.
The dumb thing is that the card only had a 2 year warranty on it. My Sapphire 4890 had a lifetime warranty on it and I didn't have to jump through so many hoops getting an rma for that card.
post #9613 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick2500 View Post

The dumb thing is that the card only had a 2 year warranty on it. My Sapphire 4890 had a lifetime warranty on it and I didn't have to jump through so many hoops getting an rma for that card.
Yeah RMAs were easier long time ago. My friend had some 3xxx or 4xxx card too and when he RMAed it he got a replacement which was a newer card, so he got upgraded automatically. Nowadays everyone is trying to save money and having lifetime warranty is expensive for complex PC components especially GPUs. You put a lifetime warranty on a GPU and miners will buy 100 of them and then RMA all 100 when they don't want them anymore or some of them are bad. So the service center can have fun dealing with a 100 cards RMA at once lol Now they may do that 4+ years when the card is EOL in such a case they have to upgrade 100 cards or give back money for 100 cards. So no more lifetime warranties.

Outside EU the warranty often is just 1 year, more than that is a courtesy of the manufacturer.
post #9614 of 9745
I really don't know what you guys are talking about. The Ebay thing I can believe or whatever, but I've sent no less than 5 cards back to Sapphire that had had the thermal paste changed, non stock cooler attached and so forth. As long as you send it back with the original cooler on it, and not physically damaged, with a legit serial, they should honor the warranty and send you a replacement or repair your card.

You know, I've always been very nice to Althon Micro in my communication, and they've always been really nice to me in return. Perhaps that's part of the problem?

And since when did this thread turn into nothing but "complain about RMAs" anyway? rolleyes.gif
Big Red
(25 items)
 
Big Blue?
(14 items)
 
Green
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790k delid 5ghz ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero BIOS 1603 EVGA 1080ti FTW3 2012/5805 MHz EVGA 1080ti FTW3 2012/5805 MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB G.SKILL TridentX 2666mhz 10-12-12-31 2T 1.7v Samsung 840 Evo 256GB SATA 3 2TB WD Black 7200rpm SATA 3 (Games) 4TB WD Blue 5400rpm SATA 3 (Media) 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Lite-on 20x DVD-RW/BD-ROM Corsair H100i V2 + PK-3 Nano Corsair SP120s red LED (radiator) Corsair SP140 red LED 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 3x ASUS VC239H IPS Slim Bezel Eyefinity Ducky DKC-1008 "Overclock.net Edition" w/ dampe... Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 780T (Black- painted red fan grills) ZELOTES T-90 Corsair Polaris Creative SupremeFX onboard 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Logitech + Turtle Beach amp Custom acrylic PSU cover "Big Red" (v1tech) Custom acrylic drive cage cover "Folding@Home" ... Merax Racing Chair (Red/Black) 
Other
Corsair K70 LUX red LED keyboard (Cherry MX Red) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-7600k 4.7ghz 1.26v ASUS ROG Z270H Strix Sapphire R9 380X Nitro 1200/1500mhz G.skill Ripjaws4 DDR4-3000 CAS15 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue 320gb Samsung 850 Evo 256gb Corsair H60 Win10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x ASUS V236H 1080p Corsair K70 Lux Blue LED Cherry MX Blue OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w Thermaltake Core V71 
MouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Thermaltake GAMMA 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 stock ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula Sapphire R5 230 G.skill TridentX DDR3 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Caviar Blue Lite On DVD-RW Cooler Master TX3 Corsair SP120 Exhaust 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Ultimate X64 ASUS V236H 1080p 23" OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Red
(25 items)
 
Big Blue?
(14 items)
 
Green
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4790k delid 5ghz ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero BIOS 1603 EVGA 1080ti FTW3 2012/5805 MHz EVGA 1080ti FTW3 2012/5805 MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
8GB G.SKILL TridentX 2666mhz 10-12-12-31 2T 1.7v Samsung 840 Evo 256GB SATA 3 2TB WD Black 7200rpm SATA 3 (Games) 4TB WD Blue 5400rpm SATA 3 (Media) 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Lite-on 20x DVD-RW/BD-ROM Corsair H100i V2 + PK-3 Nano Corsair SP120s red LED (radiator) Corsair SP140 red LED 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 3x ASUS VC239H IPS Slim Bezel Eyefinity Ducky DKC-1008 "Overclock.net Edition" w/ dampe... Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 780T (Black- painted red fan grills) ZELOTES T-90 Corsair Polaris Creative SupremeFX onboard 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Logitech + Turtle Beach amp Custom acrylic PSU cover "Big Red" (v1tech) Custom acrylic drive cage cover "Folding@Home" ... Merax Racing Chair (Red/Black) 
Other
Corsair K70 LUX red LED keyboard (Cherry MX Red) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-7600k 4.7ghz 1.26v ASUS ROG Z270H Strix Sapphire R9 380X Nitro 1200/1500mhz G.skill Ripjaws4 DDR4-3000 CAS15 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Blue 320gb Samsung 850 Evo 256gb Corsair H60 Win10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x ASUS V236H 1080p Corsair K70 Lux Blue LED Cherry MX Blue OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w Thermaltake Core V71 
MouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master Thermaltake GAMMA 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 stock ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula Sapphire R5 230 G.skill TridentX DDR3 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Caviar Blue Lite On DVD-RW Cooler Master TX3 Corsair SP120 Exhaust 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Ultimate X64 ASUS V236H 1080p 23" OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9615 of 9745
greetings,

i'm new here, and i want to ask something regarding my gigabyte windforce r9 280x. my gpu clocks at 300MHz with 1100 Mhz of memory clock at idle. but a few days ago the gpu clocks at 501 Mhz and 1500 Mhz memory clock at idle on GPU-Z. is there something wrong with the settings? because id didn't OC it at all.

sorry for bad english. thanks
post #9616 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by javamocha View Post

greetings,

i'm new here, and i want to ask something regarding my gigabyte windforce r9 280x. my gpu clocks at 300MHz with 1100 Mhz of memory clock at idle. but a few days ago the gpu clocks at 501 Mhz and 1500 Mhz memory clock at idle on GPU-Z. is there something wrong with the settings? because id didn't OC it at all.

sorry for bad english. thanks

I think your card should idle at 300 core and 150 memory. Stuff that might make those speeds go higher are 144Hz, multi-monitor setups or just borked driver install.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9617 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

I think your card should idle at 300 core and 150 memory. Stuff that might make those speeds go higher are 144Hz, multi-monitor setups or just borked driver install.

thanks for your reply.
what should i do then? if i'm not mistaken, it happens after i installed the 16.7.3 driver.

i'm totally noob in tuning GP.
post #9618 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by javamocha View Post

thanks for your reply.
what should i do then? if i'm not mistaken, it happens after i installed the 16.7.3 driver.

i'm totally noob in tuning GP.

If you are not running a 144Hz monitor or using more than one monitor, then it should go down to 300/150. Are you sure this is happening with just sitting idle on the desktop? 'Cause watching You Tube or using Flash can load the memory.

Anyways, you can revert back to 16.7.2, which is pretty much same as 16.7.3 and see if it helps.

I normally just use the uninstall feature in Crimson before finally installing it. I don't use DDU, have you?
Edited by rdr09 - 8/3/16 at 1:07am
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9619 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

If you are not running a 144Hz monitor or using more than one monitor, then it should go down to 300/150. Are you sure this is happening with just sitting idle on the desktop? 'Cause watching You Tube or using Flash can load the memory.

Anyways, you can revert back to 16.7.2, which is pretty much same as 16.7.3 and see if it helps.

I normally just use the uninstall feature in Crimson before finally installing it. I don't use DDU, have you?

yes it's happening...i don't know why...it sits at 501/1500 idle...no browser or youtube open, and unfortunately i use DDU. coz update from crimson failed couple of times when i tried to update from 16.7.2 to 16.7.3.

did you mean amd clean uninstall utility? coz i can't find the uninstall feature on crimson (noob) frown.gif

update:
i just roll back the driver to 16.7.2
and the clocks back to normal 300/150....the problem is on the new driver i guess.
Edited by javamocha - 8/3/16 at 4:37am
post #9620 of 9745
Quote:
Originally Posted by javamocha View Post

yes it's happening...i don't know why...it sits at 501/1500 idle...no browser or youtube open, and unfortunately i use DDU. coz update from crimson failed couple of times when i tried to update from 16.7.2 to 16.7.3.

did you mean amd clean uninstall utility? coz i can't find the uninstall feature on crimson (noob) frown.gif

I see other use DDU with success. I just don't use it.

This is just a suggestion.

1. Download 16.7.2 from here . . .

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

2. After download, run it like you are going to install it and you'll see this . . .



Choose Uninstall>Express.

3. Run it again but this time Install it. I normally uncheck Evolved 'cause I don't use it. Reboot.

4. Check your clocks.

EDIT: I also uncheck - Automatically download latest drivers. I always download manually.
Edited by rdr09 - 8/3/16 at 4:49am
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X / 270 Owners Club