Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [OCN] Call of Duty Clan (BLACK OPS 3, AW, BO2, MW3)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OCN] Call of Duty Clan (BLACK OPS 3, AW, BO2, MW3) - Page 62

post #611 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi_guy View Post

I'll give this challenge a try. I will be on playing late tonight.

Good, I'll be on in a few. Just need to finish up some of my online schooling stuff.
post #612 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyscott View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJzEGfQA0jk&src_vid=q-v5TiwhBJY&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_2937564385

"How to get better as Ghosts." Anybody interested in doing this challenge?
i just finished mine. my god that was a serious drag. luckily, my k/d only dropped about 0.07, which should be easily recovered.

a friendly heads up to fellow ocn ghost players when you play next time, try the following weapon load out:
honey badger + (grip OR sight of choice) + 3-round burst attachment. i have been having a lot of luck with the grip and no sight personally. this has to be even more OP than the MSBS. you drop people like crazy. unless the enemy you are shooting has ballistic vest, they drop in less than one burst. i was getting called a hacker left and right once i switched to this.

now, you have to actually connect your shots. if you are more used to full auto, then it will take some time to get used to. but once you do, all bets are off.
post #613 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi_guy View Post

i just finished mine. my god that was a serious drag. luckily, my k/d only dropped about 0.07, which should be easily recovered.

a friendly heads up to fellow ocn ghost players when you play next time, try the following weapon load out:
honey badger + (grip OR sight of choice) + 3-round burst attachment. i have been having a lot of luck with the grip and no sight personally. this has to be even more OP than the MSBS. you drop people like crazy. unless the enemy you are shooting has ballistic vest, they drop in less than one burst. i was getting called a hacker left and right once i switched to this.

now, you have to actually connect your shots. if you are more used to full auto, then it will take some time to get used to. but once you do, all bets are off.

What level do you have to be in order to accomplish that "I dont k'now what i'm doing"? It'd be nice to do that from the start..
Edited by jbmayes2000 - 11/25/13 at 10:02am
post #614 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmayes2000 View Post

How level do you have to be in order to accomplish that "I dont k'now what i'm doing"? It'd be nice to do that from the start..
you can start this at any level on any prestige. the catch is that you have to have the operation active while you are racking up the kills. you might have to spend some squad points to accomplish this since you can spend 1 squad point to get a fresh list of operations. i got really lucky, it only cost me 1 squad point and it showed up in my list.

when going for kills with this weapon setup, make sure to stop moving. your accuracy increases so much when you aren't running and gunning. i couldn't figure out why i wasn't getting any kills when i first started this operation. if you can, crouch or go prone. this will help a lot. there is no accuracy bonus for shooting these guns one at a time. so pull both triggers at the same time. they end up working like a shotgun with limited range and accuracy. also, unless you are attacking enemies from behind, if you miss your first trigger pull, you are dead. no silencers makes you a bullet magnet. on top of everything else, your accuracy decreases a ton after your first trigger pull. watch your reticles go crazy after each trigger pull. i found myself getting more kills playing domination instead of tdm. ffa and cranked would be good game modes as well. just keep at it. it is VERY discouraging at first, but starts to get a little easier the more you play.
post #615 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi_guy View Post

you can start this at any level on any prestige. the catch is that you have to have the operation active while you are racking up the kills. you might have to spend some squad points to accomplish this since you can spend 1 squad point to get a fresh list of operations. i got really lucky, it only cost me 1 squad point and it showed up in my list.

when going for kills with this weapon setup, make sure to stop moving. your accuracy increases so much when you aren't running and gunning. i couldn't figure out why i wasn't getting any kills when i first started this operation. if you can, crouch or go prone. this will help a lot. there is no accuracy bonus for shooting these guns one at a time. so pull both triggers at the same time. they end up working like a shotgun with limited range and accuracy. also, unless you are attacking enemies from behind, if you miss your first trigger pull, you are dead. no silencers makes you a bullet magnet. on top of everything else, your accuracy decreases a ton after your first trigger pull. watch your reticles go crazy after each trigger pull. i found myself getting more kills playing domination instead of tdm. ffa and cranked would be good game modes as well. just keep at it. it is VERY discouraging at first, but starts to get a little easier the more you play.

This seems very rewarding and very aggravating! It actually reminds me of playing Stick and Stones. Whether it's the bow or the axe you really are looking to hit with your first shot and "reloading" is never really considered an option.
post #616 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmayes2000 View Post

This seems very rewarding and very aggravating! It actually reminds me of playing Stick and Stones. Whether it's the bow or the axe you really are looking to hit with your first shot and "reloading" is never really considered an option.
indeed it is. i was raging so much early on that i contemplated uninstalling the game entirely lol. i am glad i didn't though. there were several times where i was able to get double and triple kills using this in close quarter situations because they are very powerful up close. if you can keep close to enemies and avoid open areas, you will be much better off. i even won a couple rounds with this loadout.
post #617 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi_guy View Post

indeed it is. i was raging so much early on that i contemplated uninstalling the game entirely lol. i am glad i didn't though. there were several times where i was able to get double and triple kills using this in close quarter situations because they are very powerful up close. if you can keep close to enemies and avoid open areas, you will be much better off. i even won a couple rounds with this loadout.

Nice..I look forward to this. Amazon black Friday deal has ghosts for $45 so I'll buy it then!
post #618 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmayes2000 View Post

Nice..I look forward to this. Amazon black Friday deal has ghosts for $45 so I'll buy it then!
if and when you do, make sure to add some of us on steam (if you haven't already) that play regularly together from ocn. we use voice chat and work together and it makes for a helluva good time.

i just about can't stand playing pick-up games with randoms because there is absolutely no team work or unity. everyone runs around alone and you will get picked off way too easy.
post #619 of 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by psi_guy View Post

if and when you do, make sure to add some of us on steam (if you haven't already) that play regularly together from ocn. we use voice chat and work together and it makes for a helluva good time.

i just about can't stand playing pick-up games with randoms because there is absolutely no team work or unity. everyone runs around alone and you will get picked off way too easy.

Agreed. Hopefully I'll be doing that friday/saturday! I usually try to complete single player first before doing multiplayer.
post #620 of 1064
COD PhysX Update patch is now live!! Let me hear what yall guys think.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/call-of-duty-ghosts-is-the-first-game-with-nvidias-fur-tech-new-update-live-now/
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [OCN] Call of Duty Clan (BLACK OPS 3, AW, BO2, MW3)