Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › My horror story with Performance-pcs.com (and Swiftech)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My horror story with Performance-pcs.com (and Swiftech) - Page 27

post #261 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLapiu View Post

I live in Canada.
So international shipping is the same no matter where it came from in the USA.
And NYC, and Florida are pretty much the same distance to my home.
And I didn't take reception of the package, or I would have returned it and get a refund from my credit card.

I had a different issue with the stuff that was delivered in that package.
Contacted PPCs twice. Never replied. Not even once.

Contacted FCPU for a very small problem on my order. Contacted em last night at midnight, Mountain time.
In the morning, he already replied and offered an appropriate solution.

PPCs,
Never again.

FCPU has my business from now, exclusively.
I don't even cross check prices.

Unfortunately that's not how international shipping in America works. Packages don't just jump on planes and fly to Canada from every single state. I am not sure why you believed that, also for rates it's not flat rate either. Flat rate shipments are the only "FLAT RATE" shipments USPS provides.

Last time I sent a package to Netherlands it had to go from New York to Netherlands, not from the state I shipped it.

I am glad you didn't accept package, I also don't want to know if you contacted them twice in one day. Not my business, but for the most part, people have 1 experience and go around bashing it. I've spent thousands of dollars at PPC's with no issue, and at FrozenCPU I had plenty of issues. I just don't go around bashing them though.
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #262 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post


I am glad you didn't accept package, I also don't want to know if you contacted them twice in one day.

Too funny. Making blind innuendos is useless.
That's like me saying I don't want to know if you beat your wife last night, or if your strangled any cute puppies with your bare hands.

I contacted PPCs once, waited for 2-3 days, maybe 4, I don't recall. And contacted them again.
Quote:
. I just don't go around bashing them though.

You just did.
Edited by PepeLapiu - 4/22/14 at 7:36pm
Dark Vader
(6 items)
 
  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
39 X AP-45 2150 rpm Gentle Typhoon fans Lamptron CW611 FrozenQ Dual Bay Reservoir 2x XT45 480. 1x UT60 480 ~ 1x UT60 360 ~ 1x UT... 
OSCase
Linux Ubuntu CaseLabs STH10 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Vader
(6 items)
 
  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
39 X AP-45 2150 rpm Gentle Typhoon fans Lamptron CW611 FrozenQ Dual Bay Reservoir 2x XT45 480. 1x UT60 480 ~ 1x UT60 360 ~ 1x UT... 
OSCase
Linux Ubuntu CaseLabs STH10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #263 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLapiu View Post

Too funny. Making blind innuendos is useless.
That's like me saying I don't want to know if you beat your wife last night, or if your strangled any cute puppies with your bare hands.

I contacted PPCs once, waited for 2-3 days, maybe 4, I don't recall. And contacted them again.
You just did.

Comprehension can be subjective it seems. I really was saying I'm glad you didn't accept the package and I really didn't want to know if you contacted them twice in one day or twice in one month because you were smart enough to refuse package at delivery. However you perceived this was different than what I wrote. There was no innuendo, that was my polite way of saying, I'm not interested in this info.

However, the issue was more-so that you do not understand how international shipping works
Did you really think stuff gets on a plane from every single state and flys as long as it wants?

I didn't bash a company, you did, I used an example to back up my point that I've had bad experiences. Saying you have bad experiences isn't bashing, making up things that aren't true, now that's next level.
Before you FUD or claim I'm using innuendos I will break it down in laymans terms.

ie: I've had bad experiences but I do not go around saying a company is overall terrible because of my own bad experience. Such as insinuating they over charge on shipping because I am under the illusion international shipping is flat rate regardless what state I live in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLapiu View Post

Make sure to compare after shipping charges have been applied.
PPCs is notorious for charging on their shipping.to make up for the cheaper item prices.
They weighted my last order at almost 3 times the actual weight.
And if customer service is not valuable to you, you'll get along just fine.

No need to post FUD. I posted the picture of shipping prices as the obvious proof, as for the international shipping, I guess you can have your opinion, at the end of the day that is just not how it works.

All in all, you may have had good intentions posting about your experience, but it is more-so unconstructive criticism since it's more biased toward opinion and not fact.
My key points, which I stand by are:
A.) PPC's doesn't "overcharge" to make up for cheaper costs
B.) Shipping international is not the same price in every state unless you pay for Flat Rate shipping and it still does not ship from every state to any country. There are routes and hubs certain packages must go to.
Edited by INCREDIBLEHULK - 4/22/14 at 11:20pm
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #264 of 302
Just to be specific.
I didn't reject the reception of the package.
And I didn't accept it either.
My wife was there to accept it, not me.
That the package was quoted at almost 3 times the actual weight was discovered after she accepted the package.
Dark Vader
(6 items)
 
  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
39 X AP-45 2150 rpm Gentle Typhoon fans Lamptron CW611 FrozenQ Dual Bay Reservoir 2x XT45 480. 1x UT60 480 ~ 1x UT60 360 ~ 1x UT... 
OSCase
Linux Ubuntu CaseLabs STH10 
  hide details  
Reply
Dark Vader
(6 items)
 
  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
39 X AP-45 2150 rpm Gentle Typhoon fans Lamptron CW611 FrozenQ Dual Bay Reservoir 2x XT45 480. 1x UT60 480 ~ 1x UT60 360 ~ 1x UT... 
OSCase
Linux Ubuntu CaseLabs STH10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #265 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLapiu View Post

Just to be specific.
I didn't reject the reception of the package.
And I didn't accept it either.
My wife was there to accept it, not me.
That the package was quoted at almost 3 times the actual weight was discovered after she accepted the package.

Ah, okay understood. I would be pretty frustrated too if a company charged me 3 times the weight of the contents.

My main points revolve around when you say things like "So international shipping is the same no matter where it came from in the USA. And NYC, and Florida are pretty much the same distance to my home." because that's not realistic.
Edited by INCREDIBLEHULK - 4/23/14 at 8:19am
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #266 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by INCREDIBLEHULK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLapiu View Post

Just to be specific.
I didn't reject the reception of the package.
And I didn't accept it either.
My wife was there to accept it, not me.
That the package was quoted at almost 3 times the actual weight was discovered after she accepted the package.

Ah, okay understood. I would be pretty frustrated too if a company charged me 3 times the weight of the contents.

My main points revolve around when you say things like "So international shipping is the same no matter where it came from in the USA. And NYC, and Florida are pretty much the same distance to my home." because that's not realistic.
Except that he is correct, well maybe not about the distance but USPS does not care where a package is sent from if it is going international. The price is the same. They don't even ask for a zip code.
post #267 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

Except that he is correct, well maybe not about the distance but USPS does not care where a package is sent from if it is going international. The price is the same. They don't even ask for a zip code.
That's very strange.

At usps.com I enter a package of $1 and 6lbs to Canada

Package, weight 6 lb 0 oz (2.722 kg) to Canada
Priority Mail Express International™More info about Priority Mail Express International™

(Calculate Guaranteed Date)
Max. length 42", max. length plus girth combined 79" 3 - 5 business days to many major markets1, 2
$59.50

$53.70

Now I enter the same package of $1 and 6lbs to Australia

Package, weight 6 lb 0 oz (2.722 kg) to Australia
Priority Mail Express International™More info about Priority Mail Express International™

(Calculate Guaranteed Date)
Max. length 36", max. length plus girth 79" 3 - 5 business days to many major markets1, 2
$83.10

$74.81

Package, weight 6 lb 0 oz (2.722 kg) to Argentina
Priority Mail Express International™More info about Priority Mail Express International™
Max. length 36", max. length plus girth 79"
3 - 5 business days to many major markets1, 2
$71.20

$63.77


I am pretty sure usps cares where the package is going. Either that or their website is completely inaccurate.
Also, you are correct, they don't ask you for a zip code because you fill that out in form CP 72 which is the United States Postal Service - Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note. thumb.gif
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #268 of 302
Of course costs differ per delivery country but unless I read it wrong (which is possible given the hours I'm working) the argument is that is cost more depending on where you arein the US, which is not true. It doesn't matter whether the vendor is in Florida or New York postage costs to Canada for the same package should be the same unless the vendor is charging more.
post #269 of 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

Of course costs differ per delivery country but unless I read it wrong (which is possible given the hours I'm working) the argument is that is cost more depending on where you arein the US, which is not true. It doesn't matter whether the vendor is in Florida or New York postage costs to Canada for the same package should be the same unless the vendor is charging more.

Same here I must have read wrong and misinterpreted.
The whole Florida and New York being same distance to him must of threw me off guard biggrin.gif
Makes sense for same country for location not too matter. ( I still find it strange a package from CA or NY would be same rate to Italy )
Edited by INCREDIBLEHULK - 4/23/14 at 1:36pm
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #270 of 302
Hi guys, try to keep it clean in here.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › My horror story with Performance-pcs.com (and Swiftech)