Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Steelseries Rival
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steelseries Rival - Page 104

post #1031 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximilianKohler View Post

Everything other than an $8 supermat is a waste of money unless you want to spend money on aesthetics.

The entire computer peripheral industry exists because people have different preferences. You could argue the Supermat presents the best value, but to say that no one could benefit in any way from a different and more expensive pad is asinine.
post #1032 of 2803
There are some very rare exceptions. Like Handi who has no arms and therefore the friction of cloth is too much or something like that.

But I have tried all kind of pads, and most of all the major brands, and it was all a waste of money. An expensive mousepad will not effect your skill unless you're an extreme outlier. And worst of all, all the pads that use the title "gaming" are extremely overpriced.
    
MonitorMonitorMouseMouse Pad
2233rz XL2411Z IE 3.0 supermat 
AudioAudio
xfi xtremegamer ATH AD-700 
  hide details  
Reply
    
MonitorMonitorMouseMouse Pad
2233rz XL2411Z IE 3.0 supermat 
AudioAudio
xfi xtremegamer ATH AD-700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1033 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximilianKohler View Post

There are some very rare exceptions. Like Handi who has no arms and therefore the friction of cloth is too much or something like that.

But I have tried all kind of pads, and most of all the major brands, and it was all a waste of money. An expensive mousepad will not effect your skill unless you're an extreme outlier. And worst of all, all the pads that use the title "gaming" are extremely overpriced.

There's also other exceptions where that mousepad isn't big enough. My Talent is larger, I need the space for 70cm/360.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1034 of 2803
Meh. I've used that pad and didn't notice the size difference to be significant. It's only 2.5cm wider.

Your sens is about 1.5. I've used as low as 1.8 and never had any trouble. The talent's surface is inferior as well IMO.
    
MonitorMonitorMouseMouse Pad
2233rz XL2411Z IE 3.0 supermat 
AudioAudio
xfi xtremegamer ATH AD-700 
  hide details  
Reply
    
MonitorMonitorMouseMouse Pad
2233rz XL2411Z IE 3.0 supermat 
AudioAudio
xfi xtremegamer ATH AD-700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1035 of 2803
A mousepad is about personal preference.

I havent tried that weird supermat since that is nothing that is available here.

But tried just about every other single mousepad and have like 30+ pads laying at home.

I still use my goliathus speed gen2 over any other, because I like the surface.
I bought 2 new gen2 speed aswell from 1 retailer that had them left, because they are not made anymore.

Ps paid 40 $ per pad for them wink.gif
Then again most mousepads like qck and so on are 30-35$ so nothing special.

And just because you say that the supermat is better then anything else does not really mean jack biggrin.gif

Personal preference > random peoples opinions on what is best.
post #1036 of 2803
can someone link this supermat? im curious to see it. the only other inexpensive mouse pad that was decent was the allsop xl
post #1037 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximilianKohler View Post

Everything other than an $8 supermat is a waste of money unless you want to spend money on aesthetics.

any artisan pad, g-tf speed, and even goliathus feel and glide much better than supermat.. if you're comparing it to steelseries pads then sure i agree with you but i'll stick with my artisan hien
post #1038 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximilianKohler View Post

Meh. I've used that pad and didn't notice the size difference to be significant. It's only 2.5cm wider.

Your sens is about 1.5. I've used as low as 1.8 and never had any trouble. The talent's surface is inferior as well IMO.

inferior as in fast as ****? and great stitching???
post #1039 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by espgodson View Post

any artisan pad, g-tf speed, and even goliathus feel and glide much better than supermat.. if you're comparing it to steelseries pads then sure i agree with you but i'll stick with my artisan hien
Well I've used the razer pads for most of my gaming history and I completely disagree with that. But you seem to prefer "slickness/speed/no friction" in mousepads, so our preferences vary greatly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by espgodson View Post

inferior as in fast as ****? and great stitching???
I wrote up a review for it on gotfrag back in the day, but since the site's gone I can't find it. I think it was something about the consistency, stopping power, quality of the rubber backing (there were dips in it where it would cause my mouse to tilt at certain angles/spots). "Faster" is not better. Hard pads are generally the fastest anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranseed View Post

can someone link this supermat? im curious to see it. the only other inexpensive mouse pad that was decent was the allsop xl
Just google "supermat mousepad". Here on Amazon. It's just a generic, large pad that you can get at various local electronics stores for $8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivity View Post

A mousepad is about personal preference.

I havent tried that weird supermat since that is nothing that is available here.

But tried just about every other single mousepad and have like 30+ pads laying at home.

I still use my goliathus speed gen2 over any other, because I like the surface.
I bought 2 new gen2 speed aswell from 1 retailer that had them left, because they are not made anymore.

Ps paid 40 $ per pad for them wink.gif
Then again most mousepads like qck and so on are 30-35$ so nothing special.

And just because you say that the supermat is better then anything else does not really mean jack biggrin.gif

Personal preference > random peoples opinions on what is best.
Weird?

It's true that a lot comes down to preference. But I don't agree with the general notion I perceived when I started out that a "gaming" mousepad is important for performance. I feel like I wasted tons of money on all the mouse pads I bought and tried.

Mouse pads just seem like a massive money dump, especially considering the fact that you have to buy them all online before you try them, and you could get 50 different mousepads and decide that none of them really feel ideal to you.
    
MonitorMonitorMouseMouse Pad
2233rz XL2411Z IE 3.0 supermat 
AudioAudio
xfi xtremegamer ATH AD-700 
  hide details  
Reply
    
MonitorMonitorMouseMouse Pad
2233rz XL2411Z IE 3.0 supermat 
AudioAudio
xfi xtremegamer ATH AD-700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1040 of 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximilianKohler View Post

Just google "supermat mousepad". Here on Amazon. It's just a generic, large pad that you can get at various local electronics stores for $8.

Interesting user reviews, they all report strong chemical smell. I had that once with an Everglide Titan pad that was really bad, the whole room smelled like fresh car tires. At that point I would invest 10 more euros to get a Qck+ or even a bit more for the heavy.
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Steelseries Rival